Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

stuck for reall

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that's weird man.....i've got a/t's and hit mud like that often. no lockers.....
Old 05-19-2008, 02:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by yotasavg
that's weird man.....i've got a/t's and hit mud like that often. no lockers.....

Texas mud is much different than Cali Mud--we dont mess around over here. And thats the truth--its very clayish ---sounds like fun though
Old 05-19-2008, 02:27 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Seacoast
Maybe to you, but this kind of thread is useful to us newbies, to help us learn what is and isn't possible.
Getting stuck is one thing but doing it alone on Private property and then posting it on a public forum for thousands to see is another.

If you have to figure out what your rig can and can't do by pictures on the internet I'm going to have to suggest another hobby.

Last edited by UKMyers; 05-19-2008 at 02:31 PM.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:28 PM

I wish I had more pics of what I went through last night in my stock pick up
it was wetter then what you got stuck in but there is barely any mud on your truck looks like you did not even try to get out

if it is still stuck lower your air pressure and try 4wheel low if you did not the first time.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Beaniam
I remember when I could get stuck in stuff like that .
Now it takes something like

http://beaniam.com/cars/truck/stuck.jpg

to cause some problems
Exactly...My truck is mostly stock...and I only have 235's currently, and I went through deeper stuff than that yesterday!! No Locker either!! I always carry come-alongs, and chains though...oh...and a cell phone!!
Old 05-19-2008, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by UKMyers
Getting stuck is one thing but doing it alone on Private property and then posting it on a public forum for thousands to see is another.

If you have to figure out what your rig can and can't do by pictures on the internet I'm going to have to suggest another hobby.

this is hilarious
Old 05-19-2008, 07:15 PM

Received 120 Likes on 59 Posts
K ill clear up some things.
Its owned by the HOA so technically it private, but noone is going to come out within a few days and start bitching (hopefully)
Second, i got stuck a couple months ago around the same area yes, i did plan on buying an aussie but between the whiny (then GF), Insurance cigs and booze not much money can be saved.
I have BFG A/T's, I did try 4lo, my biggest mistake was going at it in 4Hi.
i did air down the tires.
i did try and get unstuck, its mostly water the mud is under it all.
It wouldnt move less then an inch front and back, But yes i did try.
Im just a kid, I dont know of any trails around my area to get out on so this is the best i have for now
Old 05-19-2008, 07:34 PM

Hey, I think it's good to learn from others' mistakes. If you prefer to make your own mistakes - go right ahead!
Old 05-19-2008, 07:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
its ok kid uk hates on noobs all the time. keep on truckin!
Old 05-19-2008, 07:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
damm get some tires your left front has bad camber wear
Old 05-19-2008, 07:54 PM

I made it throw worst on all terrain tires on my own power

\

(will never do mud like that again)

Last edited by 4x4YOTA; 05-19-2008 at 07:56 PM.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:00 PM
BAZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm sure if you hit that with more momentum, you wouldnt have had to make this thread.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:49 PM

eh give him a break, hes just a kid.

dont go in mud, you will ruin your truck. sell it and get a little ricer for $500, till you work full time and have no life like us. trucks cost a lot of money

or if you keep it, dont wheel it, it looks like a nice truck. just keep it nice and stock, and cheap! maybe get some 33x10.50s to look bling, and drive it to the mall.

get a mountain bike for hitting trails, its a lot cheaper

but anyway, looks like you had fun

Last edited by n16ht5; 05-19-2008 at 08:51 PM.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:50 PM

Props to trying to go for it, but that is why I don't wheel alone anymore. It's good you didn't get impounded, those fees suck.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:27 PM
Contributing Member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

my rule of thumb from experience is that if my center caps in the back or my hubs up front aren't burried under mud when I come to a stop, I CAN and WILL get out under my own power; hasn't let me down yet, and this is run'n a set of sorry 31 10.5 pavement pounders that are half tread on stock running gear and suspention...

but it you're high centered on higher harder ground between the axles... never mind that, lol

lessons learned though:
1) NEVER wheel alone - just because you have a working front diff doesn't make you truck unstopable, ESPECIALLY with street tires...
2) ...ok, there is no 2, because if you followed 1 you wouldn't have ended up in that there situation!

not trying to flame on you, just contructive criticism

trust me, we've all been there man...

note, this was a quick recovery because guess what... there was about 10 of us out there...

plus this was the first time I really had this truck out on a trail, so I was seeing just what it was capable of... my mistake was just creeping into this hole... then sinking, lol
Old 05-19-2008, 09:37 PM

Wow that sucks man. Hope ya get out soon. You can start parting it out in that spot. I got dibbs on the engine
Old 05-19-2008, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by norcalsvx
damm get some tires your left front has bad camber wear
I think it just looks like a piece of wood, or brick in the mud that is scraping the mud off that one spot.

Originally Posted by iamsuperbleeder

lessons learned though:
1) NEVER wheel alone - just because you have a working front diff doesn't make you truck unstopable, ESPECIALLY with street tires...
2) ...ok, there is no 2, because if you followed 1 you wouldn't have ended up in that there situation!

not trying to flame on you, just contructive criticism

trust me, we've all been there man...

note, this was a quick recovery because guess what... there was about 10 of us out there...

plus this was the first time I really had this truck out on a trail, so I was seeing just what it was capable of... my mistake was just creeping into this hole... then sinking, lol
Exactly, have someone with you, not in your truck, but in another vehicle. I know this can be hard if your buddies don't ever want to go anywhere, but if you insist on going alone, try to get some recovery gear that can pull yourself out.

I would have to say, i don't know if we have all been there, but i sure have. Haven't been stuck in mud, only snow and when trying to go up this little ditch/hill and got stuck on the tow hitch. Both times had to get pulled out.

When i got stuck in the snow, we were wheeling with a bunch of people, now mine is stock, and i was stuck nearly up to the frame on snow, with that darn one front and one back tire spinning. I had to have an older jeep with 38 in. boggers, locked front and rear, pull me out, and that wasn't an easy job either. Just goes to show, try to wheel with at least one other truck(one thats good enough to pull you out if you get stuck, hopefully you could return the favor), possibly, the more vehicles the better.

Getting stuck/unstuck is part of wheeling, you can't have fun without either.

Oh yea, about finding places to wheel, if you can't find any, give a local 4x4 shop a visit and ask them, i am sure they would be happy to help you find a spot, maybe a 4x4 group to go with.

Good luck.

Last edited by 904_runner; 05-19-2008 at 09:41 PM.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TOYOTA 1
its ok kid uk hates on noobs all the time. keep on truckin!
Keep on truckin....yeaaaaa ok...

If wheeling responsibly and keeping our trails open is hating then I guess I am a hater too.....

You guys are all missing the point of this thread. He wheeled ILLEGALLY and bragged about it on a public forum. This is unacceptable in my book. If you had posted this on pirate or marlin more than likely this would end in a temp or permanent ban. You guys all need to grow up and be a little more responsible instead of egging on the type of behavior that gets our trails shut down. Being a "kid" IS no excuse to be stupid.

-Collier
Old 05-20-2008, 05:28 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by UKMyers
What a disappointing thread. Great job bragging about being stupid.
X2. Trust me... the Sierra club and other wheeler haters watch these forums.

Originally Posted by Seacoast
Maybe to you, but this kind of thread is useful to us newbies, to help us learn what is and isn't possible.
No it isn't IMHO. If you are a newbie read up on what you shouldn't do like wheel alone and wheeling illegally....

Originally Posted by bigt
hahhaha i applaud you for trying that with no locker.

first rule of wheeling is never wheel alone
From newbie day one I never wheeled alone for this reason. It can be dangerous

Originally Posted by dirtoyboy
Keep on truckin....yeaaaaa ok...

If wheeling responsibly and keeping our trails open is hating then I guess I am a hater too.....

You guys are all missing the point of this thread. He wheeled ILLEGALLY and bragged about it on a public forum. This is unacceptable in my book. If you had posted this on pirate or marlin more than likely this would end in a temp or permanent ban. You guys all need to grow up and be a little more responsible instead of egging on the type of behavior that gets our trails shut down. Being a "kid" IS no excuse to be stupid.

-Collier
Not trying to but get on the forum and read, read, read. (Oh and check this thread... https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f120...l-watch-73590/ )

Also... Do you have diff breathers? If not you will probably need to change your diff oil to the tune of $50 at least!

Thread on Diff Breather: https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/d...issues-145565/

Ok now!
Old 05-20-2008, 09:35 AM

wait what is a HOA? you dont know the people who own the property?

Quick Reply: stuck for reall