Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Ranger seats in a 87 pick up. Couldn't stop myself. (LONG)

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 06:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ranger seats in a 87 pick up. Couldn't stop myself. (LONG)

Do you ever know you shouldn't do something and you just can't stop yourself.

So I read several threads on different forums about guys putting ford ranger seats in their older trucks. I seen one guy had a 60/40 split bench where the arm rest HAD A CUP HOLDER!! This was perfect!! It's evidently from a early 2000 model. So I searched high and low. Couldn't find anything that was any better than what I had. I did find one out of a 01 Ranger Edge where the drivers seat was tore up. But I refused to pay $50 for a seat that needed fixed.

Search continued.

After wasting a lot of time and money I decided to just put in some late model ranger bucket seats, and build a center console. One of the reasons for wanting different seats was to have a console to put stuff in,,, and have a cup holder,,,lol. So I go to a local yard and start pulling the buckets. The whole time I was thinking this aint what I want. So half way through I said screw it and left. Headed to the yard with the perfect seat that I wanted and was just going to get it fixed.

On the way there I kept telling myself don't do it. It will cost too much to get it covered. GO HOME!!. So when I got there I figured some ranger guy would have all ready snagged these seats. Then it would be all right that I missed them. I would be all right with that. But no. There they where. So I grabbed them.

On the way home I stopped by an upholstery shop. The guy said he could fix it for $50. That seems fair, but now that's $100 in the seats. I tell him I'll be back after I make sure they fit.

TO THE POINT!!

They don't fit for crap. The mounting brackets are way off and they're about 2-3 inches too tall. I can't hardly get in the truck with out squeezing my legs past the steering wheel.

I know I could cut n fit n weld some brackets. But I don't have time for that right now. Plus it's cold here and I have no place to work. And I don't weld.

So I still can't stop myself. I decide the fastest, easiest way to fix this is come up with some correct 4runner seat tracks. So I have some on the way. Adding more the the price tag. I'm hoping I can just bolt those onto the ranger seats. Who knows,,,,lol.. I'm in this so deep now I could have bought some nice 4runner seats. Oh well. Live and learn,,,lol.

Just curious. What year ranger seats have you guys actually put in what year truck.
Attached Thumbnails Ranger seats in a 87 pick up. Couldn't stop myself. (LONG)-20171202_160931-1-.jpg