Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

PROS I need Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 12:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TNRabbit

DC: Unless I missed somethign, I think he meant to say he wanted to raise his & put larger tires on; NOT change to an extended cab.

Ali: I think it's a great truck the way it is. Those tires look great for off-road, and unless you are trying to get more ground clearance, all that raising it will do is add weight, decrease your fuel economy, increase tire cost, shorten the life of drivetrain, and reduce the reliability. I'd leave it as is. What year is it?
Gary it was born 1987 in Japan directly imported for military structure teams and then I buy from auction. I try to lift up but I see 4Runner pictrures in the forum and they haven not solid Axle that I have. I love my Hilux Dcab.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by DeathCougar
Oh, well I completely missed that part then, my bad.

Bushwacker will be the best bet for the flares, though I do not know if they make em for those double cabs.

I know a lot of the guys who do the icelandic trucks have to fab their own, so you might check with them.

Hey Dont Worry If my English is better I shoul mean more good.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by wii_tarded
sweet truck, x2 on the drool. amazing pics. that is a beautiful country.
I couldnt Find what drool means in the Eng-Turkish dictionary but I guess its mean 2wd or 4wd.

It is depend on you if you want 4wd push the button it will drive all whells or if you need 2wd push again it will be 2wd.

I like this spec very much becouse in the city we dont need 4wd it means extra fuel cost.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by ffryno13
that is a sweet truck man. i wish i could have one imported to the states. but if you want look for a pick-up/hilux leaf spring lift kits. from trail gear or marlin crawler
Thank you man. I think new hilux series are doublecab around the world. And Somewhere near the pole a firm use hilux for poletruck

sometimes motionpicture means much. Let me show it.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rOGmGXcR7M&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
Old 03-13-2009, 02:26 AM

i hope they do finally send some double cab diesels here i really hate gas motors but last i heard they weren t going to till 2011 because of the economy here i guess. i didnt know things were really that bad sometimes it pays to be in the army.

oh i have crazy question for you. so this guy i was talking to said that in turkey it s illegal to rip up dollar bills and throw them on the ground and some United states sailor did it and he was in prison for like 4 years. and congress had to write a letter to get him out. is there any truth to this?
Old 03-13-2009, 02:58 AM
Contributing Member

Received 34 Likes on 14 Posts
Ali, I think he means TURKISH LIRA....and the word "drool" means saliva, as in he was salivating over your truck (good enough to eat?!?)...

It IS illegal to defame Mustafa Kemal Attaturk, founder of modern Turkey, as well as it is illegal to use the Turkish flag in an unofficial manner (as clothing, for example). Since Attaturk's face is on the paper currency, yes, it would be illegal. Was an American jailed for this? I seriously doubt it. If he did this after being told NOT to, what an effing idiot. U.S. soldiers have been jailed for a few offenses in Turkey, mostly for being dumbass dips. I lived in Turkey for 4 years and never saw an American do any time in prison. I was an investigator with the USAF and worked closesly with the Turkish police/jandarma.

Last edited by TNRabbit; 03-13-2009 at 03:00 AM.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by ffryno13
i hope they do finally send some double cab diesels here i really hate gas motors but last i heard they weren t going to till 2011 because of the economy here i guess. i didnt know things were really that bad sometimes it pays to be in the army.

oh i have crazy question for you. so this guy i was talking to said that in turkey it s illegal to rip up dollar bills and throw them on the ground and some United states sailor did it and he was in prison for like 4 years. and congress had to write a letter to get him out. is there any truth to this?
Some times some idiots say things like this. I never see a man who jailed for something like that. Turkey republic founded 1077 means 932 years old culture we have. And some times like Gary said niether American nor Turkish or another people jailed like this action.

Bu on the other hand we have a law about respect to flags (all flags not only Turkish) and Respect to paper moneys.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:36 AM

Gary I have a question for you ?

Did you see any racism or brutal behavior from Turkish people?
Old 03-13-2009, 04:30 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by matepecik
Gary I have a question for you ?

Did you see any racism or brutal behavior from Turkish people?

Never. Some of the best friends I've ever had are Turks. I still communicate with two...one is an airline pilot for Turk Hava Yolari (THY) and the other is an engineer with a boat repair business & car dealership.
I lived in Adana from 1996-2000.

Incidentally, it was great on commercial THY flights in Turkey; it was like a party! Folks would bring guitars & other instruments & have a grand time; not like here where everyone puts on their headphones & ignores each other...

Last edited by TNRabbit; 03-13-2009 at 04:34 AM.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:36 AM

Some times some idiots say things like this. I never see a man who jailed for something like that. Turkey republic founded 1077 means 932 years old culture we have. And some times like Gary said niether American nor Turkish or another people jailed like this action.

Bu on the other hand we have a law about respect to flags (all flags not only Turkish) and Respect to paper moneys.
oh thanks i thought he was full of it. i like that your country has laws about the flags and paper moneys. people here really don t respect what our flag has come from and then men that died to protect it.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:48 AM

Totaly Accepted what you saying man. Our soils is red with blood. we have to respect that
Old 03-13-2009, 11:25 AM

neredeyse benim kadar Türksün Gary
Old 03-13-2009, 01:06 PM

i am assuming that your laws are close to what ours are like you guys would fly your flag over someone elses flag. mostly on the west coast we have a problem with people flying the Mexican flag over the American flag. anyway we should get back on topic.
Old 03-14-2009, 02:40 AM

I am trying to lift my truck but usually kits for non-solid front axle. I recent found a prof of leafs so I made him special for my truck. These means there is no waranty for it. I am not sure about that but anyway I try it. when I finish the structure I will post the pictures.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:55 AM
Contributing Member

neredeyse benim kadar Türksün Gary

I'm getting that is something the lines of "Where are you my Turkish brother, Gary"....correct? Sorry, I've forgotten a lot of my already bad Turkish...

Last edited by TNRabbit; 03-14-2009 at 07:58 AM.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by TNRabbit

I'm getting that is something the lines of "Where are you my Turkish brother, Gary"....correct? Sorry, I've forgotten a lot of my already bad Turkish...

Actually means " you are a Turk As much as I am, I am proud of it"
Old 03-14-2009, 08:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey TNRabbit

What base where you at. I used to live in Balikesir for 2.5 years and Mersin for 2.5 years. We made friends with a lot of the guys on base and used to go shopping on base for food we missed from back home. This was back in the 80's. Ah the good memories. Been on my list of places to go back and visit for some time now.

Sorry about the Hijack. Your truck looks great teh way it is in my opinion. I would leave it be.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:36 AM

dude, ur truck is so cool. I have never seen a double cap pre 1994 toyota before, so...

It would be a one of a kind on this forum, and it really is a gem

If you really want to make it look like that truck, all you would really need to do is throw on some fender flares, swap black for chrome, and paint the rest of the truck black.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by xzyragon
dude, ur truck is so cool. I have never seen a double cap pre 1994 toyota before, so...

There are a few other ones on here. They are REALLY cool though. Also, they didn't make 4-door tacomas until '99 i think, maybe 2000, cant remember exactly.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by xzyragon

If you really want to make it look like that truck, all you would really need to do is throw on some fender flares, swap black for chrome, and paint the rest of the truck black.
Great ideas. Thank you. I tought iridium grey but black is very cool.

Quick Reply: PROS I need Help