Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

plug-wire day...

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 06:45 PM
Contributing Member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
plug-wire day...

So on my way home from work tody, I notice my truck start's to stumble a little. Ironically I'm already on my way to the parts store to pick up my rear wheel seals I had ordered, so when I got there I pop the hood and take a look. I started to pull the plugs to take a look since they have some miles on them, and I noticed #2 wire had a nice gouge in it from rubbing against, get this, the OEM metal hose clamp that holds the vaccum line on the PS idle-up switch... Kinda made me mad because I thought they were some nice Accel wires... So I walk inside to see what they've got. Me and the guy start looking on the computer, and amazingly, it turns out most of the Advance Auto Parts stores carry NGK plug wires in stock now! So for like $30, I installed new NGK plugs and NGK wires! I wish I would have got these a LONG time ago; these wires are some of the best quality I've ever seen! They just feel like good stuff; even have the wires numbered! I learned my lesson with the plugs and going through different brands untill I found that NGK's work the best, I guess it was only a matter of time before I learned about the wires too, lol

N E ways, just thought I'd share my lil experience from today...

OH, and I also bought some new 6" lights for the front bumper... will have to install those tomorrow... I ran out of light today
Old 09-08-2008, 07:21 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I love my NGK wires! They were a breeze to install Plus they look pretty nice
Old 09-08-2008, 11:38 PM

Received 118 Likes on 67 Posts
wow... your just running into all sorts of problems all of a sudden, arent you?
lol...
but i was wondering, my brother in law, and all his rubicon buddies swear by the stock toyota wires and NGK plugs... i was jsut wondering what the difference is between the NGK wires and the stock toyota ones? personal preferences???

sorry form the hijak...
Old 09-09-2008, 06:38 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
$$$ probably. Toyota relies on ngk & denso to supply a lot of their parts so I wouldn't be surprised if they're the exact same wires that come on some of the trucks
Old 09-09-2008, 08:31 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by space-junk
wow... your just running into all sorts of problems all of a sudden, arent you?
lol...
but i was wondering, my brother in law, and all his rubicon buddies swear by the stock toyota wires and NGK plugs... i was jsut wondering what the difference is between the NGK wires and the stock toyota ones? personal preferences???

sorry form the hijak...
Other than price, not much difference at all. Both are high quality.....provided you stick with the copper core wiring. As Alex said, probably the same. You just want to avoid carbon cores and/or those thin, chinchy types....like Bosch and whatnot. They don't last nearly as long.

I've had some NGK's on my '86 22re for around 8yrs. They're just damn good....

Yay superbleeder!!!!