Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Please Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Idler Pulley Bracket Question?!?!?!

I hope you guys can save me some time! I recently bought a 93 4runner with a blown head gasket for 400 bucks and the plan was to rebuild it and sell it off (due to the fact that I dont need two of them lol) anyways I had a set of heads from a 90 that I knew were good that I decided on using. Well to make a long story short the heads are all set in and all I have left to do is time the stupid thing but theres one problem.

I forgot about that in 93 they changed over the idler pulley set up . Just my luck and the heads off the 90 dont have the hole drilled for the 93 type idler pulley!

So I need some advice from the experts here!
What should I do?
I have the bit and tap I need but I don?t feel very comfortable drilling that hole into my head unless people have done it before.
Could I just pick up a idler pulley kit and acquire the bracket for the spring to attach to
Or is that fan pulley bracket to big and will need to be changed out also?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated?im getting tired of working on this thing! And thanks again to everyone for having and awesome knowledge base here!

Last edited by jakes_runner; 08-29-2007 at 07:05 AM. Reason: because i didnt choose a very good title for this post!
Old 08-29-2007, 06:41 AM

Nobody has ran across this problem before?
Old 08-29-2007, 06:52 AM

I've never heard about it, but a more descriptie title might help you out. PLEASE HELP! doesn't tell people what your problem is. Try calling the thread Idler Pulley Bracket Question or something like that so people can see what your question is without clicking on your thread.