Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Newbie Question?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 11:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 3vz-e turbo n performace head questions?

Hey ive been reading up on alot of your guys thread and there all really interesting especially turboing the 3vz-e and the head work to them! my question is where do i get oversize valves, and a camshaft and i read that someone on here makes them? Also should i get new heads or could i keep the heads that i have but the only thing is that i have over 200,000 miles on the heads? and as for the turbo i already have the manifold i just need to get the turbo, what would you guys recommend i should get, i know alot of you guys are very knowledgable! any help will be very greatful! well since im a newbie on this website i guess i should post a pic of my truck i know its not an off road truck or 4wheel drive truck but i was just really interested on all your guys topics!

Last edited by shoes138; 11-27-2006 at 11:38 PM.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:10 AM

Ok, let me see where I can help here. First welcome to the boards. You have a clean looking truck there. My first Yota was dropped on 16"s back 12 years ago so seeing those pics brought back some memories...but on to your questions.

The Oversized valves you can order them from Engnbldr. He's a member on here and has helped a lot of us all out. here's his website:

http://www.engnbldr.com/VALVES.htm

For your cams, I would search for the member on here going by "Weasy2k". He's done a few cams for some of the other members, I know he's doing "bumpinYota's" for sure.

Since you'll have to get down to the heads to install the valves why not just hot tank, resurface, maybe even ort and Polish your heads, then add some Ceramic Downey headers or NWOR headers. It sounds like you are trying to get more performance out of your Yota and the "Breathing" aspect of the 3vz-e is the biggest obstacle we face.

While you are doing all of this send off your fuel injectors to be flow tested, cleaned and rebuilt. I sent my to the guys at CruzinPerformance, again theiir website is:

http://www.cruzinperformance.com/fuelinj.html

As for you Turbo questions, that's out of my league of knowledge. Again though the guys and gals on here will chime in and should be able to help you out. BumpinYota I know knows a thing or 2 about Turbo's so if he doesn't respond maybe shoot him a PM. I know if you search on here for 3vz-e and Turbo, you'll get plenty of info and people's opinions. It's been discussed alot.

I hope some of this helps and at least gets you started in the right direction.

-=Morphine=-
Old 11-28-2006, 09:38 AM

thanxs for the help man! i no the reason alot of peps dont mess around with this motor is because of the heads and i like turbos i think it would be a great addition im prolly gonna do the heads first and then add the turbo i was also thinking if i should do a twin turbo setup now that would be cool! and also i did try sending bumpin yota a pm but that was on toyotanation.com! thanxs for the comments too
Old 11-28-2006, 09:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Porting and the valves go hand in hand fwiw. Slacker has a 2wd truck too. But his is sporting a 7mgte and a supra IRS suspension.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:49 AM

I am pretty sure if you go twin turbo the headers are going to be outragouesly priced and even then if you can find them it will be alot of work to fab that up.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:57 AM

very true but it would be very nice thou! i was think about the 7mgte swap but i found one for about 450 with a blown head gasket! n thats not even with the turbo! i think im just gonna turbo charge my truck rite now then once i get my 4wd yota i swap it over! its hard to find any 7mgte motors at a good price!