Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Need help!!!

Old 08-27-2016, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help!!!

Okay I have a 1993 Toyota pickup truck 5 speed 4x4 dlx 22re:
the problem is fuel related I'm guessing I changed the fuel pump but that didn't solve it I still had to jump FP and +B for the pump to Work im going to buy new relays for the starter and efi same relays 4 prong and it also keeps blowing 15A efi fuses?!?? Can't get it to run I did buy the new relays and tried them out to see if it would work still had to have the fuel pump jumped for it to run but I took them back considering no success and financial need of the money what could it be I've checked the o2 and made sure it wasn't touching exhaust brand new fuel pump and wires works just if jumped so I'm sourcing it to be in the box under the hood or something a shirt somewhere and there's one wire on the distributor that not connected to the plug in on the distributors side should I worry about that? And that's about all I don't want to put it back into the shop please help
Old 08-27-2016, 12:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The mass air flow sensor gives the signal required for the fuel pump to start running on it's own. You might take a look at it. How does it run when you jump the fuel pump? You are going to have to find the cause of the fuse blowing for sure. You may want to take you some resistance measurements back at the fuel pump. I have seen these harnesses get rubbed through or have broken strands in the wires causing high resistance and blowing that fuse. O2 sensor harness is a good suspect as well. Are you getting a check engine light?

On the distributor wire, I can't think of any wire on it that is not very important. Can you describe it or better yet, post a picture of it?
Old 08-27-2016, 05:56 PM

Thanks

Originally Posted by Charchee
The mass air flow sensor gives the signal required for the fuel pump to start running on it's own. You might take a look at it. How does it run when you jump the fuel pump? You are going to have to find the cause of the fuse blowing for sure. You may want to take you some resistance measurements back at the fuel pump. I have seen these harnesses get rubbed through or have broken strands in the wires causing high resistance and blowing that fuse. O2 sensor harness is a good suspect as well. Are you getting a check engine light?

On the distributor wire, I can't think of any wire on it that is not very important. Can you describe it or better yet, post a picture of it?
yeah when it's jumped it runs as it did before the problem started I have an extra MAF too actually but even with that wire disconnected it ran fine I can buy a new dizzy and it'll come with new wires but the pump runs fine it's brand new actually and i can jump it and hear the fuel being sent through the lines a slight hiss if ya will lol but..checked the o2 no apparent problem there and most of the harness that I can see is good as well but I went to a Toyota dealership and he said the fuel pump runs of cranking or something like hence why they take a little bit to start thanks for the help here man hopefully i can get this solved any good way to clean a MAF. Out??
Old 08-27-2016, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by mudboggerbilly93
yeah when it's jumped it runs as it did before the problem started I have an extra MAF too actually but even with that wire disconnected it ran fine I can buy a new dizzy and it'll come with new wires but the pump runs fine it's brand new actually and i can jump it and hear the fuel being sent through the lines a slight hiss if ya will lol but..checked the o2 no apparent problem there and most of the harness that I can see is good as well but I went to a Toyota dealership and he said the fuel pump runs of cranking or something like hence why they take a little bit to start thanks for the help here man hopefully i can get this solved any good way to clean a MAF. Out??
Old 08-27-2016, 08:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You need to fix that wire. I believe that's going to be part of the distributor coil pickup circuit. Yours is a little different than my 3VZE but those wires are an important part of the ignition circuit. I can't say for sure but that could be the source of your blown fuses. Put that thing back together. If the plug is broken, just butt connect them and see if that changes anything. It should. I don't ever move ahead with my testing until I have repaired any broken wires or loose connections that I encounter along the way.