Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Need Help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 04:50 PM
BMJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help!

Pasted this from where I posted orig on the newbie site, runner runs better than has everh has cold but have this damn gas outlet that seems now after putting back all the vacuum hoses according to the manual, over pressurized capped off outlet???? Why capped off?.
Was before I dissassabled, blocked off with a bolt and hose, no screw clamp or anything so was not under any pressure there? I've noticed in pics, there is a T-fitting on the 3 outlet valve on the manifold in pics on yota tech but not in the FSM 1993, Car is 1990. Sons has that but FSM online does not??
This car has been sitting in the garage going on 1.5 weeks, due to stealer mis ordering the cold injector line incorrectly. Now that is back together, still wrong? Please help if you can! I'm not a mechanic but this this engine in an enigma!!

Got the sons top end/ intake plenum and vacuum hoses back according to the nice online FSM. I saw that there was some carbon outside the gasket area on # 4 round inlet counting from the front. So placed a nice thin coat of permatex on the gasket. Torqued it down intake plenum. New cold start injector line is in and no leaks, but NOW there is this Fuel line that the previous owner had capped off. If you are at the passenger front tire looking at the intake. It is just below the farthest left top vaccum line slightly diagnally left. This was capped off? now the hose with the screw to cap it off on that line that went on there spews gasoline like crazy. Vehicle runs fantastic now, maybe all along needed lines put back where they belong, better than when at the mech. WHERE DOES THIS FUEL LINE GO or where should it go.???? fuel pressure seems high coming out of it. Why did the former owner cap it off? It is under such high pressure, not even a new hose with a bolt to seal it will cap it off!! It never leaked before with just the hose and bolt in the other end to cap it off so once again, I'd appreciate any feed back from YotaTechies. I ask for my eyes are burning red from gas spewed in them unfortunately so I'm not doing any intensive reading.

After goofing and looking now it seems that this metal line is the one that runs to runs to a vaccum valve just in front where the throttle cable connect on the right driver fuel rail???

Thanks again

Bryan
Old 09-06-2008, 05:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
is there any way you can take pictures and put them on photobucket.com or other site so we can see what you're describing?
Old 09-06-2008, 07:30 PM
BMJ

Yes, I will first thing in the morn.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:09 AM
BMJ

Abcdedarian, thank you for responding. As I lay down last night to bed, it came to me, I probably have some hose in the wrong place obviously. I did, the fuel return line to the tank. Thanks again, this old car is giving me the old mechanic work out that I've not done since my 20's. This 3.0 seems riddled with problems. Can't wait for the next one