Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

My wife is AWESOME.... Look what she bought me!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 10:16 PM

Received 74 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by small town BIG TOYS
I remember driving my 1999 Jeep Wrangler with the soft top It was so noisy.
At least your yours is not like that .
And I hope you don't mind if I take your wife off your hands for a few weeks.
Because my birthday is coming up in June and I want a set of doors for my 90 with some vent windows.
A guy I work with said he just drove his new Wrangler across the state. By the time he got there his head was killing him from having the stereo up so loud to get above the road noise he decided he'll steal the wife's car from now on.

There is about 6 years of school to pay for. So you get to borrow my wife and get all the toyota parts you need. Just send me back a debt free wife!!

Here's a couple pics so you know what you're getting into. The second has our boxer, Kona, the day we got him.

Last edited by kiyobrown; 04-30-2009 at 10:18 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by sb5walker
Long weekend at a hot springs resort with candles, scented oils and a nice piece of jewelry?

Or, is there something around the house she's been asking you to do that you've been resisting??
x2... and actually follow through with the "just a back rub" bit. That said, there are probably better places for romance advice than a truck forum... just saying :

Last edited by Matt16; 04-30-2009 at 11:33 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any other pics of your truck with the top on? Are the windows tinted?

Great looking truck btw! Very clean!
Old 05-01-2009, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Matt16
x2... and actually follow through with the "just a back rub" bit. That said, there are probably better places for romance advice than a truck forum... just saying :
Well, next time you are on the Victoria's Secret forum, would you ask what a good gift would be for me?

And actually, the camping angle is pretty darn good stuff. And what people would understand the magnitude of "my wife bought me a soft top for my 4Runner on my birthday," better than yotatechers?

Originally Posted by Lotus1
Any other pics of your truck with the top on? Are the windows tinted?

Great looking truck btw! Very clean!
Thanks. I don't have any yet, but I will take some and post them up. The side windows are tinted, but only slightly. Anyone know of how to go about tinting marine grade vinyl windows?
Old 05-01-2009, 03:37 PM

Took some alley behind my house poser pics...... Look at that flex!

Pretty happy with it so far.

Last edited by kiyobrown; 04-03-2010 at 08:03 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:59 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Push the hard top to the back of your garage. I haven't had mine on in a year since I got the killer toy top.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
damn.. another really clean 4runner
Old 05-01-2009, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by 4runnerx3
Push the hard top to the back of your garage. I haven't had mine on in a year since I got the killer toy top.
No doubt that is one clean runner. I wish I had your luxury of weather. Once it starts dropping to around 40 degrees, I will switch em out. If I lived somewhere warm, I would contemplate craigslisting my hard top!!
Old 05-02-2009, 03:18 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by DeathCougar
Can i borrow your wife for a week or two? My birthday is coming up in May and I need a new set of tires
I got dibs on her for my birthday in July!!!!

Kiyo that top is freaking nice!!!!!! Considering I got my butt rained on today on the way home I really need to get that wife of your's down here before the rainy season starts.

Lets see.... I'm 6'1" 180lbs, Cancer, love long walks around my 4runnner looking at a new soft top...........

All joking aside man that topper looks great. The wife is damn sexy also.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:08 AM
Contributing Member

Wow KIYO that is one sweatheart of a bride you got there... I will not ask to borrow her though she is too good to loan out... lol...

I like the idea of a camping long weekend and going to a fancy spa lodge instead... doe she tend to fall asleep while you drive? if so it will make it easier to surprise her... maybe to help the process along serve her some fancy flavoured decaf in the morning before you leave....

a nice foot rub tonight would be a good start too... with some champagne and strawberries...
Old 05-03-2009, 12:08 PM
Contributing Member

Aviator looks like he's got you covered man.

You're one lucky man, don't screw up like most of us tend to do so often.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:17 PM
Contributing Member

Thanks miles

but KIYO the thought occurs to me... does your mrs. have an unmarried sister of similar temperament?
Old 05-03-2009, 08:15 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aviator knows...it starts with the toes...
Old 05-03-2009, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Junkers88
I got dibs on her for my birthday in July!!!!

Kiyo that top is freaking nice!!!!!! Considering I got my butt rained on today on the way home I really need to get that wife of your's down here before the rainy season starts.

Lets see.... I'm 6'1" 180lbs, Cancer, love long walks around my 4runnner looking at a new soft top...........

All joking aside man that topper looks great. The wife is damn sexy also.
Thanks man. How much rain you guys get down there anyway?? It rained pretty good here yesterday, so I just left the 4Runner in the garage and drove the 2wd pickup I have. I was so excited to get the top on I haven't sealed the seams yet.

Originally Posted by aviator
Wow KIYO that is one sweatheart of a bride you got there... I will not ask to borrow her though she is too good to loan out... lol...

I like the idea of a camping long weekend and going to a fancy spa lodge instead... doe she tend to fall asleep while you drive? if so it will make it easier to surprise her... maybe to help the process along serve her some fancy flavoured decaf in the morning before you leave....

a nice foot rub tonight would be a good start too... with some champagne and strawberries...
Sounds like a winner. Good thing Washington has alot of nice places like that, time to start shopping around.

Originally Posted by Red3.slow
Aviator looks like he's got you covered man.

You're one lucky man, don't screw up like most of us tend to do so often.
Well I am paying for her nursing school, and I worked almost 500 hours of overtime last year to try and pay stuff off so we could save up tuition money. I know she appreciates all of that, so if I can just stop cutting into the school fund, I think I will do ok. I guess my trip to Stan's Headers for a full exhaust setup will have to wait.

And NO!! She doesn't have an unmarried sister of similar temperament. I got the normal one, I wouldn't wish any of them on you, they are all high maintenance!!

Last edited by kiyobrown; 05-03-2009 at 09:25 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:42 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by kiyobrown
Thanks man. How much rain you guys get down there anyway?? It rained pretty good here yesterday, so I just left the 4Runner in the garage and drove the 2wd pickup I have. I was so excited to get the top on I haven't sealed the seams yet.
I got enough to soak the back seats/carpet/back of the front seats and me on the drive home.

Seal the seams? Is that the seams on the canvas or between the body and the top?
Old 05-04-2009, 05:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice softopper. looks great on the 4runner!!! Do the 4runner tops require Velcro on the back of the tail gate to hold it down like they do for the pickups? I hated the idea of putting sticky velcro crap on the tailgate of my taco so i slid a metal bar in there with neobdnymium (SP?) magnets glued to it. Now the top stays put and no sticky crap on my paint. Looks awsome and they do a great job of keeping the rain out.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:59 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by kiyobrown
And NO!! She doesn't have an unmarried sister of similar temperament. I got the normal one, I wouldn't wish any of them on you, they are all high maintenance!!
Oh well... thanks anyways... I had to ask... don't forget to share if you find a good place to go... plenty of us need a good special special date place or a get outta jail card type thing now and then...
Old 05-04-2009, 09:09 PM
Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
looks good...

let me know if you wanna grab a beer since your in tacoma as well..
Old 05-05-2009, 04:52 PM

When I got my soft top I told myself too that I would only keep it on in the summer and use the hard top in the winter. But the rails with the snaps for the top aren't all that much fun to put on...and i got so used to the soft top I left it on all winter.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Junkers88
I got enough to soak the back seats/carpet/back of the front seats and me on the drive home.

Seal the seams? Is that the seams on the canvas or between the body and the top?
Its the seams on the canvas where its sewn together. There is a couple gaps around the bottom, but it should wick the water away just fine.

Originally Posted by HazMat
Nice softopper. looks great on the 4runner!!! Do the 4runner tops require Velcro on the back of the tail gate to hold it down like they do for the pickups? I hated the idea of putting sticky velcro crap on the tailgate of my taco so i slid a metal bar in there with neobdnymium (SP?) magnets glued to it. Now the top stays put and no sticky crap on my paint. Looks awsome and they do a great job of keeping the rain out.
It has the bar, but it still left a small gap. I like the idea of using the magnets, but for the time being I just used the velcro. I am sure when the weather gets hot, it will get nasty, we'll see

Originally Posted by Tofer
looks good...

let me know if you wanna grab a beer since your in tacoma as well..
I am near the West End Tavern by UPS. Let me know.

Originally Posted by Skinsfan6
When I got my soft top I told myself too that I would only keep it on in the summer and use the hard top in the winter. But the rails with the snaps for the top aren't all that much fun to put on...and i got so used to the soft top I left it on all winter.
That would be nice. But the factory told me 40 degrees is the cracking point for the windows. We have a big part of the year that it drops below 40 at night,so I am gonna swap it out. I wish I could leave it on all the time. It's pretty sweet.

Quick Reply: My wife is AWESOME.... Look what she bought me!!!!