86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

my 94 runner what do u think??!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 02:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my 94 runner what do u think??!!!

ok heres my story my friend owned this runner but was told to just buy a new vehicle because the runner was "shot". he went and bought a ford pickup. i told him how much i liked his rig and told him off when he said he was gonna get rid of it. he is in the military and they only allow him one vehicle on base. so long story short i picked up a 94 toyota 4runner for 500$ bucks. when i got it it had a rediculously large oil leak and a slipping clutch due to the oil spill. after a close inspection i found that the oil filter had 2 gaskets lol apparently whoever changed the oil didnt take off the old gasket b4 placing the new one cause massive leakage. after i did another oil change the leak virtually disapeared and a replaced oem clutch got me a $500 dollar running 4runner sweet deal eh? just a couple of rust dots above the windshield everything else good condition. what do u guys think its really worth??
94 4runner pictures

Last edited by hytech_redneck; 02-09-2006 at 02:44 PM.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:47 PM
Contributing Member

doesnt much matter what value we put on it for you, for 500$, thats a pretty sweet deal! congrats on the runner.

now, how you gonna 'splain to your friend why the truck isnt 'shot' anymore?!!

lee
Old 02-09-2006, 02:56 PM

That sounds like a pretty sweet deal!
Old 02-09-2006, 02:58 PM

haha i told him that i had to replace alot of parts and i told him the truth about the clutch going out but hes cool about it he has a new truck and i promised to let him borrow it or drive it whenever he wants as if it were his own. thanks for the reply
Old 02-09-2006, 03:11 PM

Nice lookin' rig.

Just please take the "Redneck" sticker off the front winshield.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:07 PM

lmao are u serious it is what i am when he owned the vehicle i gave him that sticker because everyone always calls us the hillbilly brothers. the two of us are all about hunting fishing outdoors in general. we have a "redneck" sticker on every vehicle we own its a signature and tradition. funny that u say that but curious to know why u dont like it???? let me know please i wont hold it against u. im just curious...
Old 02-09-2006, 04:17 PM

When I see "Redneck" written across a windshield I just think of a young teenager that just got his first car. I guess I'm a little biased though.

Almost every 16-18 year old kid in my town drives around in a brand new Ford F250, with a huge whip antenna (about half actually own a CB radio also), stickers covering the back windshield, and a confederate flag front license plate.

A few have the "Redneck" or "E V O M" or my new favorite..."Soggy Bottom Boyz" written across the front windshield.

Sorry for the rant.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:36 PM

lol its cool, see the thing for youngins with new cars ant trucks around here is the "skin industries" skater sticker and the "independent iron cross" what we call the 909ers because that the telephone area code here i dont know im actually a redneck and its basically my second name haha. but its cool man where u from anyways???
Old 02-09-2006, 05:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jethro
Just please take the "Redneck" sticker off the front winshield.
isnt jethro a name?

your just jealous cuz the ricer kid got the last one

oh yeah-killer deal!
Old 02-09-2006, 07:08 PM

To offer an opinion on the redneck thing, myself being from the south and having moved on and happily away, I would assume you would speak with a bubbu accent, and lean towards biggotry and intolerance. That has been my experience with "rebels" and the like. That sticker would make me uncomfortable if I were black, asian, or a recent immigrant from a non- white/European/christian descent. I am only offering a perspective and not trying to be offensive. I wouldn't have said a thing had you not mentioned your interest.
I will say that I am stereotyping, but I grew up in company of the "rednecks" that created this sterotype and there were no exceptions to the rule. I to would be one of them if I hadn't left the area.
If I ended up with a truck with that on it I would immediatly, upon taking ownership, remove a sticker with such connotations. I wouldnt leave the street without at least covering it up. (hope that was civil and freindly)

Last edited by trythis; 02-09-2006 at 07:11 PM.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:07 PM

Good looking ride and one He11 if a deal
Old 02-12-2006, 10:16 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by trythis
To offer an opinion on the redneck thing, myself being from the south and having moved on and happily away, I would assume you would speak with a bubbu accent, and lean towards biggotry and intolerance. That has been my experience with "rebels" and the like. That sticker would make me uncomfortable if I were black, asian, or a recent immigrant from a non- white/European/christian descent. I am only offering a perspective and not trying to be offensive. I wouldn't have said a thing had you not mentioned your interest.
I will say that I am stereotyping, but I grew up in company of the "rednecks" that created this sterotype and there were no exceptions to the rule. I to would be one of them if I hadn't left the area.
If I ended up with a truck with that on it I would immediatly, upon taking ownership, remove a sticker with such connotations. I wouldnt leave the street without at least covering it up. (hope that was civil and freindly)
i have yotatech stickers on my truck....
Old 02-12-2006, 11:04 PM

where did u get a yotatech sticker!!!??? custom made or did u order it???
Old 02-12-2006, 11:24 PM

That's a gorgeous vehicle for only $500. I hope when I go looking for my fiance a 4Runner I can find close to that good of a deal. I know there is a black one running around my town, but I dunno if it's 4sale.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:21 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by hytech_redneck
where did u get a yotatech sticker!!!??? custom made or did u order it???
stickers... and a great seller...
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f167/yotatech-stickers-65779/

BTW, do you need any gray interior parts for your truck? It looks like you do. I have anything you need, just let me know. Nice rig!
Old 02-13-2006, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by brandontrek
i have yotatech stickers on my truck....
HA HA you're a 'tech neck'
Old 02-18-2006, 05:45 PM

hey hytech_redneck do you want to sell that winch mount off the front. If so let me know and maybe be able to work something out.
Old 02-18-2006, 05:53 PM

lovin the runner! it looks like it would kick but and not even bother taking names.. and the redneck sticker rocks.
Old 02-18-2006, 08:58 PM

Nice Rig, I wish one of my friends would cut me a deal like that.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:30 PM

im notsellin anything off this truck i actually have a winch on order.

and trd how in the hell did u get the power to push them big ass tires!!!???

Quick Reply: my 94 runner what do u think??!!!