86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

interior colors

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
interior colors

i was just wondering what interioir colors are available with some of the vehicles. mostly i was wondering if i could find a blue 4runner with gray interior. although the ones iv seen only have blue cloth which doesnt appealto me. does anyone know if there was a grey interior package for them. i didnt see this mentioned anywhere so if this has been my apologies
Old 02-05-2009, 09:48 PM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I had a buddy who had a blue 4Runner, but it had the blue interior. My black 4Runner originally had the tan interior (yuck), and it looked like farm animals had been living in it, so I got ahold of a rolled 4Runner that had the grey interior, and switched out the tan for the grey. It looks pretty good, and hides dirt very well.

So I guess if you really didn't like the interior, you could always swap it out, and put in the grey instead.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:48 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
4runners are plentiful around here. Buy the truck you want and swap in different coloured interior. I never thought I would like blue cloth, but after owning it.. I love it! Not many blue trucks/4runners out there anymore it seems..
Old 02-06-2009, 05:54 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Is the blue with the grey enterior hard to find? I only ask because I'm going to look at an 89 4runner tomorrow that is royal blue with a black top and grey interior.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've seen a couple of them with that color scheme but in two different states so I would say it's a bit unique.

But hey, you all have nothing on me. Please hold back your jealousy as my white 4Runner has the sweet, highly sought after, red interior! And you know what's even better?!?!?!? The red turns slightly pink after many years in the sun! I know, I know, you all cannot be as lucky as I am!
I'd love to have blue with grey, but I'm stuck with my 1970's red. It's kinda like a wheeling tampon.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:27 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 87LVRunner
I've seen a couple of them with that color scheme but in two different states so I would say it's a bit unique.

It's kinda like a wheeling tampon.
Thank you very much for that image LV now I need to get a brain peel...

Grey on Blue is a rare choice I'm not even sure it was generally available. If you go through our links here there is one to an online collection of old dealer flyer thingies and in the back of them they list the colour availabilities.
Just to give you some ideas.
The red int. was only available with white, red and silver exteriors.
The biege[oatmeal] interior was avail. with the brown, green, red and (I think) black exteriors.
The grey int. the most widely available across all exteriors except browns.
The blue int. was second widest except not avail. on red and brown truck was not available.

Last edited by aviator; 02-06-2009 at 01:29 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:42 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Never seen grey on blue. Really wish it was common. The grey interior looks great and is pretty timeless- meaning that it always looks in style. I'm not big on style, but I drive a lot and grey makes it a nice place to be. The coloured interiors reminds me of me grandmothers basement, which hasn't been redecorated since the '60s- orange shag, lots of tassels coming off the furniture, linoleum in the bar and the Dogs Playing Cards picture on the wall.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:29 PM

yea iv been searching and iv never come across the blue exterior with grey interior. i have a red with grey with decent interior i could make a swap, although a hassle maybe i could find one with grey it would be more conveinent. the red interior is so bad. i dont know why people liked it, and blue aint much farther behind. i like the grey. and the tan or beige is just yuck in my opinion. and aviator iv been looking for those flyers you mentioned and cant seem to find them. do you maybe have a link? ill keep looking

Last edited by marshm4ll0w; 02-06-2009 at 10:25 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have the light blue ext and gray interior as seen in my avatar pic. i love it. i was amazing the amount of dirt and grime that was in the cloth when i first bought it and i thought the interior was nice. but was even better when i cleaned it. i also found a charcoal gray interior touch up paint at napa that matches exactly. i salvaged quite a few parts that were blue at a junk yard and repainted to match perfectly.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:50 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by rhale
i have the light blue ext and gray interior as seen in my avatar pic. i love it. i was amazing the amount of dirt and grime that was in the cloth when i first bought it and i thought the interior was nice. but was even better when i cleaned it. i also found a charcoal gray interior touch up paint at napa that matches exactly. i salvaged quite a few parts that were blue at a junk yard and repainted to match perfectly.
I think that was the only way you could get the gray interior was with the light blue met. ext. if you had dark blue ext. you only got blue int.
I was going to suggest the Duplicolour plastic/vinyl paint as an option... if you get the colour code for the gray int. NAPA can get you some exact match paint... I've been using it to go black... it covers very well and wears excellently with no fade yet at 1yr+ for the dash...
Old 02-06-2009, 05:54 PM

really thats a good idea too actually. i never thought about painting it. well im gonna keep looking for the dark blue runners then and either interioir swap, or paint it. althought best way to paint it would be to remove it first, and if i remove it id also be able to put the other in. unless i painted it while it was in.but wouldnt this yeild spots and cracks that werent covered?
Old 02-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by rhale
I repainted the console, and back panels, but swapped the dash, seats, door panels, etc. I kept the tan carpet, and the headliner, but it doesn't look too tacky, since I never really look at the roof, and I have floor mats.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:21 AM

thats a good idea. yea the back panel is huge its like one piece. i tried to get at the speakers in the rear once but i couldnt figure it out. then another time i figured it out accidently cause i was going to fuel tank. i wa slike oh thats how this stuff comes out. how does the roof stay on? is it just clipped in there?
Old 02-07-2009, 10:55 AM

Received 118 Likes on 67 Posts
you know, i look into EVERY white 4runner i see around the sacramento area and not once have i ever seen one with a blue interior...

also never seen one with my stripe package... and ive only seen 3 that had the factory tire carrier, but one had it taken off...

alas, my search for blue interior pieces continues...
Old 02-07-2009, 03:29 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by marshm4ll0w
thats a good idea. yea the back panel is huge its like one piece. i tried to get at the speakers in the rear once but i couldnt figure it out. then another time i figured it out accidently cause i was going to fuel tank. i wa slike oh thats how this stuff comes out. how does the roof stay on? is it just clipped in there?
The roof, or the headliner, or the small piece in the back that has the rear cargo light built into it?
Old 02-07-2009, 05:16 PM

my 4runner was originally blue with blue interior. Whe I got it the interior that was not stripped was Ghetto'd up with an '80 light blue metallic spray over maroon. i painted the plastic in royal blue, and pruchased grey door panels and rear cargo panels to match the grey seats. Painted a couple of the other trim pieces in black, and i think it turned out pretty nice. Def like the blue on grey interior.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:33 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I just wanted to let you guys know that I bought a blue 89 4runner today with the grey interior. I'll let you know how well I like it once it comes home and I have a chance to wash/shampoo/detail the darn thing.

On a side note is there anyone that makes a complete interior kit? If this one is too stained for me to live with I'm thinking that a complete kit would be a good idea just as long as I can get the dash and all the trim pieces that go in it.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Junkers88
I just wanted to let you guys know that I bought a blue 89 4runner today with the grey interior. I'll let you know how well I like it once it comes home and I have a chance to wash/shampoo/detail the darn thing.

On a side note is there anyone that makes a complete interior kit? If this one is too stained for me to live with I'm thinking that a complete kit would be a good idea just as long as I can get the dash and all the trim pieces that go in it.
Nice, congrats!

You could always leave the stains and whenever the drive gets boring, you could play "Name that Stain" with you friends, or even by yourself.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:12 PM

i was talking bout the roof itself. like the grey clothe part not the plastic kind. like how does it stay to the roof? it must be clipped in. i just cleaned mine red with grey interior today, and removed fornt seats and i never realised how stained the carpet actually is until today when right under wear the seats were was like stock color, the rets is a brown tinge lol. its amazing how gross it can get

Last edited by marshm4ll0w; 02-07-2009 at 06:13 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by marshm4ll0w
i was talking bout the roof itself. like the grey clothe part not the plastic kind. like how does it stay to the roof? it must be clipped in. i just cleaned mine red with grey interior today, and removed fornt seats and i never realised how stained the carpet actually is until today when right under wear the seats were was like stock color, the rets is a brown tinge lol. its amazing how gross it can get
Use Toyota AGC (anti-gravity compound) to stick the ceiling on.

Quick Reply: interior colors