Old 10-29-2009, 08:29 AM
T4L

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Subscribed.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:32 AM
YotaTech Milestone-Two Millionth Post

Received 122 Likes on 57 Posts
BWAHAHAHA.....

just pull the engine and put in a 3.4!! There. I'm the 1st one to say that. hahahaha.

step 1.....sell all earthly possessions except for vehicle being worked on
step 2.....open hood
and so on......

Knowing me, I will never get my little disaster fixed because I won't put it together until i've pulled the engine.....nah, I just have to cough up $$$$$ or have it come out the other end, or both.....and i will get it buttoned back together.

Just looking at the 3.0, it's much more intimidating than the 22re.....the intake plenum(?) is gigantic and looks like a real pain to get off.......BTW, I bought one on ebay for $16 a few months back......ya know, because i want a spare everything.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:44 AM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
That's about it too...I'm selling all kinds of stuff real soon. Christmas is coming and I got to get this thing on the road again.

3.4 maybe if Santa really likes me. I've been naughty though.

If I had the funds of this I'd probably already be done.

The heads are going to be a pain that's for sure. I think I'm going to be fighting the exhaust more than anything else.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:58 AM

Hey lumpy,

Can you inspect the valves and all without pulling the head and just pull the cover? It definitly sounds like valves to me hope so for your sake. I could use some info on my recent post check it out for me.. gl
Old 10-29-2009, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Lumpy
That's about it too...I'm selling all kinds of stuff real soon. Christmas is coming and I got to get this thing on the road again.

3.4 maybe if Santa really likes me. I've been naughty though.

If I had the funds of this I'd probably already be done.

The heads are going to be a pain that's for sure. I think I'm going to be fighting the exhaust more than anything else.
yeah, i've heard the exhaust is a PITA.

i saw a nice writeup on here about doing valve cover gaskets....no clue what it was though "try the search button" hahahahahahahah.....UGH!

No anyway......I assume you would do both heads and the timing belt while you are in there.

quick question.........what do i use to clean up my stuff (head / valve train / piston tops).....i've read about carb cleaner and brake cleaner(?).
Old 10-29-2009, 09:05 AM

Brake cleaner cause it will just evaperate best cleaner ever
Old 10-29-2009, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by MuddinRI
Brake cleaner cause it will just evaperate best cleaner ever

thanks man!! got me some scotchbrite pads....i figure i can't mess things up too bad because the truck was running fine with the garbage it had in it. LOL!!!!!!

what a mess!
Old 10-29-2009, 09:10 AM

sorry for the hijack LUMPY
Old 10-29-2009, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by MuddinRI
Hey lumpy,

Can you inspect the valves and all without pulling the head and just pull the cover? It definitly sounds like valves to me hope so for your sake. I could use some info on my recent post check it out for me.. gl

Not that I'm aware of...I think the only to see what you got is to pull the heads and remove the valves to see what you really have going on in there.

Originally Posted by 92 TOY
yeah, i've heard the exhaust is a PITA.

i saw a nice writeup on here about doing valve cover gaskets....no clue what it was though "try the search button" hahahahahahahah.....UGH!

No anyway......I assume you would do both heads and the timing belt while you are in there.

quick question.........what do i use to clean up my stuff (head / valve train / piston tops).....i've read about carb cleaner and brake cleaner(?).
I have a writeup saved about doing the timing belt so that will get me started anyway.

I'm thinking I may as well do them both...

I used brake cleaner to get rid of the gunk. I also used a razor scraper to do the head and block, careful not to chip dig into the head.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:22 AM

Ya but can't you just take the valve cover off and turn the with a socket to see if anything is bent or out of place? I guess it's just a waisted step anyway seeing how the noise is there and the only way to find it is to start pulling parts. Just my .2$ but kinda a moot point i guess lol.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:37 AM

Well from what I have seen the valves are actually in the head and the springs are in there as well. The cam pushes the top of the valve in, I believe. I guess I could take the cover off and see if I can tell if one is not coming backup or not.

I think I'm going to do a test that BoostinChick did a lil while ago. Hold a rag at the exhaust pipe to see if it gets sucked in. this will tell us if it's an exhaust or intake. I'm banking on an exhaust.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:41 AM

Well from what I have seen the valves are actually in the head and the springs are in there as well. The cam pushes the top of the valve in, I believe. I guess I could take the cover off and see if I can tell if one is not coming backup or not.

I think I'm going to do a test that BoostinChick did a lil while ago. Hold a rag at the exhaust pipe to see if it gets sucked in. this will tell us if it's an exhaust or intake. I'm banking on an exhaust.

tie the other end of the rag around your leg so you could still call 911 with one of your hands.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:41 AM

wheeeeeeeeee

it's so much fun getting nothing done today.

I'm DEAD!
Old 10-29-2009, 09:42 AM

Good idea.. I need to figure out my little problem as well. Hope i don't have to start ripping it apart. Crossing toes.... So you said you might have parts for sale pm me a list i'm looking for a few parts..
Old 10-29-2009, 09:44 AM

911 what is your emergency? Ahhh my truck is trying to suck me in please help.... Ok sir we'll send someone to help.... Please hurry this rag is cutting off the circulation in my leg lol
Old 10-29-2009, 09:49 AM

FIREMANS "ok sir, we'll just shut it off and get you out of there"

LUMPY "no, don't shut it off, rev the engine a few times I think I hear a miss"
Old 10-29-2009, 09:52 AM

Lol.... Hey you guys got a spare valve for my toy in that truck... No sir but if you need a spare wife mine is in the trunk at the station...
Old 10-29-2009, 10:00 AM

Funny, funny...

If/When I do the ISR mod and snorkel I'll have a few extra parts laying around.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:58 AM

So judging by this picture you hit it too hard and splashed the water up into your intake? Thats how i hydro-locked mine, if i had tried to crawl through it i might of got stuck but i wouldn't have locked it up... But i thought it was more fun to hit it pinned in 2nd
Old 10-29-2009, 11:04 AM

Well sort of...I started in real slow like then once I got the back in I got on it a bit, well I guess a bit much and that's when the fun stopped.

I gotta get the front end up some as well.

Quick Reply: Hydro-Locked