86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Extending seat sliders

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Extending seat sliders

Hi guys, I just bought a new (to me) 95 toyota pickup SR5. The PO had put Honda Accord buckets in it (for whatever reason) and put blocks under the rear to raise the seating position. I am however 6'6 and need all the clearance I can get and found the seats didnt fit me well. I went to the local Toyota Graveyard (4xToys) and found a beauty pair of front buckets with the same interior pattern as my truck, from a 4runner. I got the seats home and bolted the drivers seat up to find that it doesn't slide back near as far as the olds seats (or buckets that come stock with these pickups, I know because this is my third toyota pickup). When I bought the seats I assumed 4runners and pickup buckets were exactly the same. ( they have the same bolting locations and they look identical.) But now I realize the 4runner seat rails must not allow the seat to slide back as far because in the SUV there are actual seats behind the driver....... So, anyone know if there is an easy fix to get my 4runner seats to be able to slide back as far as the factory pickup buckets do?

Those Accord seats are now for sale $200 obo absolutely perfect condition. (would make great seats for a bench to bucket conversion) Can arrange delivery to Calgary. PM if interested.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:36 PM

Received 118 Likes on 67 Posts
take sliders off acura seats...
weld to frame of toyota seats...

WIN...
Old 01-14-2010, 06:11 PM

The honda seat rails do not need to have a bracket made as only 3 of 4 holes lines up. I want to use the toyota rails. Here is a photo of my toyota seat rails extended as far back as it will allow. BUT you can see there is still two more notches for the square bracket to grab onto. If I could get the sliders to slide back enough so that the square bracket could grab that last notch, I would be in business. Anybody know why the sliders seem to stop at this point? Is there a metal tab somewhere that I am not seeing that is prohibiting the sliders to slide back the full amount?

Old 01-15-2010, 12:02 AM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

Can you see if it is the way the slide track is attached to the seat frame or do the pick up seats use a different slide track.

If the tracks are different I think the easiest would be to get a set of the slide tracks from a pick up .

Without looking I don`t know how hard it would be to move the 4Runner tracks rearward a few inches.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:07 AM

I'm on the same mission, I'm 6'6 also...
Been thinking about some steel rails bolt to bolt on and offset the frame on, just not got around to it yet. I'll be watching this space though!
Old 01-15-2010, 08:29 PM

Have you thoroughly cleaned out the track on the slider? My first thought would be that there is a coin or something else stuck in the track keeping it from sliding all the way back.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:20 AM

thats a good thought. I will look into that today but im pretty sure thats not it....