Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Does The Po Love Your Truck????

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 06:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, "Code" of the wheelers, you can NOT toss out a line like that
though one morning i did walk out of the house and police had it surounded...
and just walk away from it
You have to tell the story behind it now.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Greg_Canada
Last time i got pulled over (i was in a funeral procession nonetheless) the cop asked me if i wanted to buy his 87 4runner....
omg, bad timing??
Old 05-13-2007, 07:57 AM

haha i got pulled over in buckhead(richy atlanta)whole truck was covered in mud and the state patrol officer tried to get me for drunk driving. i explained to him how my sas and soft springs made the truck kinda tipsy. anyway passed the test and got a warning for alteration of suspension. in ga 2in either way is max you can go...haha, right.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:51 AM

I have a blue 92 DSM, very loud with 3" exhaust and no cat, and the muffler may as well not even be there. I've been VERY lucky over the past 5 years and have only gotten pulled over when i was actually doing something wrong.

First time I was still in high school and my girlfriend and i had skipped out early a few days before and we had AM detention (if detention after school wasn't bad enough). I was running late (suprise) and was pulling a right hand turn into her neighborhood, came flying around the turn at what the cops radar said was 37mph. He tried being a dick at first, saying i couldve lost it and hit him or his "Cruiser" (my cars AWD and i was nowhere near "loosing it"). I was trying to be as nice as possible(allready late for detention) then when he said he was going to give me a ticket i started to loose it. I said the road I was turning off of is a 35, I realize this is a 25 but I was slowing down (lie). so really you'd be giving me a ticket for 37 in a 35. well aparently the cop either liked my story or was just decided detention was bad enough but i got a warning for 37 in a 25.

next time was 3 days later, around 9pm, same cop leaving my girlfriends neighborhood. About 4 hours earlier, I had left work to find my front license plate bent back and scratching the crap out of my bumper. Someone hit my car in the lot and i was pissed and ripped it off. well he pulled me over for not having a front tag, and gave me a $50 ticket when he knew 3 days earlyer it was on there and SAW the scratches from somebody hitting it! well id rather get the ticket for the plate than the speeding.

Now with the 4Runner i feel completely invisible unless its covered in mud...
I did just wash/wax/polish/vacuum the Talon and had a very nice time driving it last night. Makes me realize how much i miss being able to pass someone without breaking a sweat...or take a fast turn and not think about rolling over or how much I'm killing the tires

Last edited by dsmbuddy; 05-13-2007 at 08:54 AM. Reason: got carried away with my wordage...
Old 05-13-2007, 09:33 AM

I get pulled over anytime i drive my other car(black 4dr bmw) but in the toyota i seem to drive like twice the a$$ and now i found out i was speeding everywhere because my correction wasnt right and i have the stereo up to cover up rattles and tires. The bimmer i got pulled over to be warned about the laws on noise. He said he couldnt hear my stereo but he felt it a block away.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Bumpin' Yota
I would have laughed in the cops face if he said my exhaust was too loud.

Like any cop has any clue what 'LOUD' really is....LOL!

"Yes sir just stick your head into the window like that and listen to this cool 47 hz sine wave ill play for you..."

After he craps himself he'd realize my exhaust isnt so loud afterall....
hey man are you over on termpro to!?!?
Old 05-13-2007, 10:22 AM

yea man thats not even the worst part, he also asked me "umm why do you have a tach?" im like " the truck never had a tach in it". Then he decided to open up my n look at my intake and said it was illegal! and to make a long story short my custom intake passed. GRRRRRRR

Yea bumpin i wish i could of done that but i didnt want to piss him off!
Old 05-13-2007, 10:34 AM

my last offense was yesterday as i started the thread.
I came of the highway following a ford taurus doing 30 on the highway.
Little irritated, so i dropped it from 3rd to 2nd before in knew it apparently i was doing 45 in a 30. The off ramp speed is posted 30 maybe 20yards after the ramp drops from highway level. LAME!
He said he clocked me doing 50, I knew he was lying, cuz my fuzz buster had me on the brakes faster than his radar gun. He tried to get me for the radar detector too, but i said it was for EMERGENCY VEHICLE DETECTION (legal in the state of MN) ..AHAAHA ... but he got me for window tint, i got 4% on.
But ill take that to court, i want a warning dammit. And for 10 over... whatev.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:51 AM
Contributing Member

Received 34 Likes on 14 Posts
I drove all over Maryland, DC, Virginia, and TN with a muffler that looked like this and NEVER had a cop say a word to me:

I guess my cat was seriously clogged, huh?!?
Old 05-13-2007, 11:08 AM

lol i still love that muffler lol! thats the funniest ☺☺☺☺!
Old 05-13-2007, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by skife
you can't not tell that story

well one morning i looked out the window and saw a cop car driving by realllly slow looking at it. i figuered, eh, he;s a chevy guy..

i finished getting ready and went to leave the house and there are 5 cops standing around it looking at it. thank you chevy v8, flowmasters & remote start

everyone in town knows this truck, being the cleanest truck in town it has a rep. we bought it off the neighbor who bought it new a built it to what it is now.
the cops had spent all morning running the vin.s and plates and coming up with some off the wall story that we were holding the truck for the previous owner and hiding it under our name to avoid the infamous repo man. he used to hide the ttruck in his backyard and the other truck in the garage to keep from the repo man.

i just got in the truck, told them they were idiots and drove off. on the way to work though i saw my old neighbor in the back of a cop car..
i still see the po drive by to check if its still here or not.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:13 AM

lol i thought the cops over here were dumb! lol
Old 05-13-2007, 11:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Greg_Canada
Last time i got pulled over (i was in a funeral procession nonetheless) the cop asked me if i wanted to buy his 87 4runner....
That's awesome! What I wanna know is, was it in good shape, and did he give you a good deal!!????
Old 05-13-2007, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Robrt32
The more flashy and blingy the more attention you will get , form other people and the Po Po .. Ive had flashy before and got stoped alot now ive got just a plain old truck and haven't been stoped in it yet

i had a 1994 ford taurus. not blinged out by any means at all. got pulled over about 4 times. i've had my runner, may better looking than the Taurus and have never been pulled over... Probably cuz the thing is so dang slow.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:48 AM

the cops love my car. 91 pickup on 37s SASed with 4" springs and a 2inch drop hanger. They pulled me over one day for 45 in a 30. Well my speedometer was way off but the cop didn't buy it. I told the judge the same thing and he just laughed at the cop and told me to be more careful. That cop continually follows me around now.
Not to mention the welded/ locked rear axle chirping in parking lots and all the mud on the truck.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by animalbmx
hey man are you over on termpro to!?!?

been over there since....hell I dunno the OLD forum, before BBS was used there! 2002 I think. Dont really post often over there anymore.

I really do miss being in the dB drag lanes but unfortunately work (and a blown HG after 2006 sbn) superscedes hobbies.

Last edited by Bumpin' Yota; 05-13-2007 at 01:25 PM.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:06 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't get messed with in mine at all even lifted. Maybe it has to do with the fact the see it in front of the bomb squad building everyday not sure or maybe its the bomb tech and police patch in the rear window.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:08 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by olharleyman
maybe its the bomb tech and police patch in the rear window.
Maybe we should all invest in some of those.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:25 PM

If by some chance I get pulled over and it's not one of my cop friends, they usually just glance at it and laugh sayin I doubt you're hiding anything from me it bein topless and all! But in all seriousness, a spare rimless tire makes a great beer cooler. Been trying to find one of those cheezy chrome snap on rim covers that fits my spare tire, that way I can just put it over the beer and not even worry...
Old 05-15-2007, 09:28 PM

Talking

yea i was doing 70 in a 35 on a crowded street in my 91 runner....lets just say it was a bad idea seeing as i only had my license for 3 weeks b4 that.....

Quick Reply: Does The Po Love Your Truck????