86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Do not try this at home!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do not try this at home!!!

Just wanna preface this. Explosion is real. No shrapnel and this is a MOVIE SET. No one was hurt. Other than it being hotter than seven hubs of hell that day. Controlled environment with all proper permits filed. I hold multiple state and a federal explosive license. Do not try this at home! Like ever. Ever ever. That being said it made me sad when this drove up. But you will be happy to know I didn’t even pop a tire she DROVE OFF like nothing had happened. But I did not know what thread to put this in an overall, but I knew I couldn’t not share it with everyone. Enjoy!

Wait for it....

I love my job.

Old 03-14-2018, 11:14 AM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Welcome, so you’re saying that that truck drove away after the blast shown. Surely when you said it drove away you meant on a flatbed.

I’m one of the ppl that get called when someone tries this at home. So nice to not see natural selection at work.
Old 03-14-2018, 11:22 AM

Negative Ghostrider

We remove gas tank put in a metal racing fuel cell. She DROVE in while we shot specialized rounds out of paintball markers and wirelessly fired “bullet hits” into the side of the little Toyota. Parked it; pulled fuel cell; put in a dummy and wired up the rest. You see the result. Put out residual fire with CO2 extinguishers shot for another hour. Hooked fuel cell back up, And yes sir she DROVE off. No real lasting damage. Couple burn marks in the bed; we blew a couple holes in the front windshield and popped the back windshield. That’s it. Really
Old 03-15-2018, 10:19 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Pretty cool job you've got.

After seeing the Top Gear Hilux treatment years ago I'd imagine that if it were a real explosion the truck could likely still be driven afterward, lol.
Old 03-15-2018, 01:47 PM

[QUOTE=highonpottery;52393498]Pretty cool job you've got.

After seeing the Top Gear Hilux treatment years ago I'd imagine that if it were a real explosion the truck could likely still be driven afterward, lol.[/QUOTE

Lol Fair point! Love that show. One of the guys that taught me how to do what I do for a living him and his son have done a lot of work on that show. The Dad lives here, but his son is back in the UK. Truth be told there’s not a whole lot of people who do what we do for a living so we’re a fairly tightknit dysfunctional family.