86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

distributer cap boot

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 11:22 AM

Received 452 Likes on 249 Posts
distributer cap boot

ive been hunting around the google for a replacement distributer cap boot/dust shield. mine is looking a little worse for wear and its probably a lost cause but if anyone has leads on where to find a replacement id appreciate it.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:54 AM

Received 570 Likes on 449 Posts
I have not seen any new replacements and I believe the boot has been discontinued by Toyota.

I ended up getting a used one off of eBay last year that was in pretty good shape. It took some time to find one that wasn't abused.

Here is what is available now: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...+boot&_sacat=0

A shop I took my truck to removed it and never put it back on. By the time I realized what happened (a few months later), my original boot had long been thrown away.

You could also try posting a Want To Buy ad in the classifieds here and see if anyone has a spare.

Old 02-01-2018, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by old87yota
I have not seen any new replacements and I believe the boot has been discontinued by Toyota.

I ended up getting a used one off of eBay last year that was in pretty good shape. It took some time to find one that wasn't abused.

Here is what is available now: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...+boot&_sacat=0

A shop I took my truck to removed it and never put it back on. By the time I realized what happened (a few months later), my original boot had long been thrown away.

You could also try posting a Want To Buy ad in the classifieds here and see if anyone has a spare.

thanks! i called my dealer friend and he couldn't find it so i think it has been discontinued. im surprised someone like 22re performance hasnt jumped on the opportunity to replicate them.
Old 02-01-2018, 05:38 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by keycw
ive been hunting around the google for a replacement distributer cap boot/dust shield. mine is looking a little worse for wear and its probably a lost cause but if anyone has leads on where to find a replacement id appreciate it.
I've got one. Not sure if there are different styles but It doesn't work with my setup so it's yours if you're interested. Has a good size tear on the bottom. Just pay shipping

Old 02-01-2018, 11:35 PM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
I remember buying some years ago from Toyota they were not cheap .

For some reason $50.00 sticks in my mind I could be way off.
Old 02-02-2018, 04:16 AM

thanks for all the tips, i able to snag one yesterday from an ebay seller in perfect condition for 30 bucks. seems to be the best place to find them, there were half a dozen or so on there yesterday when i did a quick search through.
Old 02-02-2018, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by se7enine
I've got one. Not sure if there are different styles but It doesn't work with my setup so it's yours if you're interested. Has a good size tear on the bottom. Just pay shipping

i do believe that is the right one, someone else should grab this if they need one for sure