Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Cheap IFS Lift Kit???

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheap IFS Lift Kit???

Hi,

I need to lift my 90 4runner 3" or 4" inches.

Do you know a Cheap Lift kit???

Actually have Ball Joint Spacers 1,5" on Front and 2" Coils Spacer in rear.

I dont want to spend over 1000 for a 4" lift kit.

There is some option??? Anyone has made their OWN lift kit ???

Best Regards,

Paulo
Old 03-13-2007, 06:17 PM

The Rough Country lift is the cheapest I've seen, $599 for a 4 inch
Old 03-13-2007, 06:26 PM

I would try to find a front only lift or something as the rough country, but do AAL/Shackle combo in rear vs blocks. Do you not like the idea of a body lift? You couuld put a 2"BL with poly mounts from 4Crawler.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:31 PM

I have seen 1 or 2 homemade bracket lift kits. But you need to be really really good to be able to build something like that.

You already have the other standard option.

Anything else is going to set you back more than $1000(ie SAS or long travel IFS kits)
Old 03-13-2007, 06:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
poo on ifs lifts i second the body lift idea. but if you must, there are several ifs lifts under ~700 like rough country or skyjacker. i have no idea if theyre any good, i've never heard anything good at all about an ifs lift (other than the height of course). only bad things. which is why mine is staying stock until it breaks, then it gets SAS'd. im not going to pay a bunch of money for the same amount of articulation AND a higher center mass
Old 03-13-2007, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by 91ToyTrck
I would try to find a front only lift or something as the rough country, but do AAL/Shackle combo in rear vs blocks. Do you not like the idea of a body lift? You couuld put a 2"BL with poly mounts from 4Crawler.
In the rear I have Coils. But rear is more easy,a cuople of fj80 rear coils for example.

My problem is in the front. My 4runner is auto, son I cant put body lift...

thanks for the tips.

best regards,
Old 03-13-2007, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by pcardenas
My problem is in the front. My 4runner is auto, son I cant put body lift...
Since when? Sure it takes a little more fiddling, but you certainly can.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:00 PM

I'm doing a SAS this summer and I'll be getting rid of my IFS lift. I'll sell you my Superlift 4" kit if you want it. Name a reasonable price and we'll work out a deal. btw, i drive a 4runner too so it will work.

Joel
Old 03-13-2007, 07:00 PM

mmm... 2" body lift would be great!!!!

do you know any article on mounting body lift on a AUTO 4runner ????

Actually I have 32" on my 4runner a rubber just a lilltle bit in the rear on max articulation.

with 2" body lift I would be able to put 33"

I have pics of my 4runner on a trail here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/paulo.ca.../ChacabucoASA4
Old 03-14-2007, 12:06 AM

you can definately do a body lift on an auto tranny vehicle. you should really check out www.4crawler.com for his body lifts. He can make specific sizes and offers lots of options.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Btw, a Rough Country kit is a rebranded Superlift kit. They use a cheaper finish on some of the parts, but they are the exact same kit and even come with the same shocks.

Evidently they are running low on the Rough Country stock right now as I just ordered one of their kits and they shipped a Superlift kit to me instead which confirmed my suspicion...

Not a bad deal for $599 at all.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:52 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
why do you need a 4 inch lift?
Old 03-14-2007, 12:58 AM

Don't know who you're asking, but I actually need about 8" of lift so I can clear the 36x13.5 iroks I just bought...

Honestly what does it matter why someone needs or wants to lift their truck?

Different strokes for different folks ya know?
Old 03-14-2007, 01:04 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ovrrdrive
Don't know who you're asking, but I actually need about 8" of lift so I can clear the 36x13.5 iroks I just bought...

Honestly what does it matter why someone needs or wants to lift their truck?

Different strokes for different folks ya know?

It wasn't directed at you.

As far as why it matters....I always try to encourage people that ask questions on here to think things through and not be impulsive when it comes to buying crap for their car or truck.

I see all the time people that want to run 33s or 35s....they don't even know if they need that big of a tire, much less all the little things that you encounter with vehicle modification.

I don't like to see people make rash decisions that invlove such large purchases.

New people don't tend to think about having to regear when they get bigger tires, or the fact that the tires are probably to big for IFS. They don't think about how much extra it's going to cost if they do gears now and then decide to get lockers later, or if they get a locker and then want to regear....same difference.

I just want to see people make good decisions with their money, especially kids in highschool that want to do all this stuff to their trucks, when I know from experience that you need to save every penny you can while you're still living at home.

Last edited by bob200587; 03-14-2007 at 01:23 AM.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:55 AM

Fair enough...

But I still think there's an idea of a "perfect truck" on these forums and when ever I see someone with an idea I see on the street all the time get bagged on here - and other forums too - its kind of aggravating...

Everyone doesn't have $5k to drop on an SAS, gears, wheels and tires, exo's, winch's, full ARB's, OBA, and airbags... And just because someone makes the decision that a bracket lift and 35's will fit their needs it doesn't necessarily mean that they aren't thinking their decision through all the way and are destined to ruin their truck.

Down here in Florida big trucks actually do quite well in the off road environment we have and I think a lot of people on these boards forget that from time to time.

A truck with 16" of lift, 44's and lockers front and rear would be foolish to run on the Rubicon, but it sure would be fun in a big mud pit.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:16 AM

I have the solution to your problem...buy my 4" Superlift!! I'll give it to you for dirt cheap. I just want to get rid of it.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:41 AM

I agree with the asking questions. It's good to hear a lot of different ideas when it comes to your truck. I know it took me a few months before deciding that I wasn't going to run a large if any at all suspension lift and just throw some 33x10.50s on my truck. I think that all the opinion are great when it comes to these threads. I know I appriciated every bite of advice I recieved from everyone.

Good Luck with whatever your decision is in the end.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:59 PM

Hey jfreisner, PM me with a price
Old 03-14-2007, 09:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Paulo, one thing about the 4" lifts and the reason they are 4" lifts is that by the time you make a bracket that installs far enough into the stock a-arm mounts yet clears them well enough to re-install the a-arms, you need 4" of clearance. I fabbed my own rear lift/crossmember when I snapped a lift bracket wheeling so got to really measure everything and see what might hit what.

If you would like to eliminate rubbing, hammering or trimming are free. A body lift is next in line if that does not appeal to you.

After owning the 4" kit I would not buy another one. They cause as many issues if not more than they solve. The only advantage they offer is that if you modify them correctly, you seriously can get just shy of 14" of travel with the BJ spacers. While you won't use that crawling, the stock bars are too stiff, you can absorb lots of big whoops and jumps with grace.

Frank
Old 03-15-2007, 10:29 AM

if you do get a 4" lift and want to get rid if the bj + coil spacers let me know.

Quick Reply: Cheap IFS Lift Kit???