86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Butt dyno

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 08:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Butt dyno

Says that gutting the cat made a decent difference.

Maybe it's in my head, but it feels like the engine can breathe again. There was nothing wrong with the cat, I just don't like Al Gore.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:52 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I dont like Al Gore either.
Cats are restrictive.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:24 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hmmm... I like fishing, skiing, cold winters warm summers and thus i do like Al Gore.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So do you think the dust bowl was caused by global warming and they just didn't know about it yet because al gore wasn't around.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:56 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
do you smell rotton eggs yet?
Old 02-26-2009, 10:27 PM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Go give yourself 5 lashings for hollowing out your cat. How can you sleep at night knowing that the Carbon emissions caused by your vehicle, singlehandedly made Punxatawney Phil's prediction about 6 more weeks of winter wrong

The good thing about the butt dyno claiming a larger performance gain than stock is that you'll be able to outrun the angry mob of hippys trying to catch you.

I bet it sounds better now, esp if you have exhaust
Old 02-26-2009, 10:33 PM

Everything else is stock..It doesn't really sound much different, thats not what I was after though.

I'm used to loud ass, lopey V8 muscle cars...I want to keep the yota on the quieter side..I probably won't do anything else to the exhaust except fix an exhaust leak.

As for liking Al Gore because you like seasons. Really?
Old 02-26-2009, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Matt16
Hmmm... I like fishing, skiing, cold winters warm summers and thus i do like Al Gore.
Yep, knew you were a douche.

Global warming huh? Jeez, its been one of the coldest winters we have ever had.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by 91Toyota
Really? We haven't even had a foot of snow, TOTAL, this winter. Also, we are having 70 degree days in January and February this year...

I think Global Warming is a joke anyways. Look at history and you will see that there are periods where the average temperature rises and then we have an ice age. Several times this has happened. My car or truck is not going to change this. On the flip side, I see no reason to pollute the air more than necessary.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You totally need one of these!!

A real butt dyno!

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...products_id=41
Old 02-26-2009, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Hayes
Really? We haven't even had a foot of snow, TOTAL, this winter. Also, we are having 70 degree days in January and February this year...

I think Global Warming is a joke anyways. Look at history and you will see that there are periods where the average temperature rises and then we have an ice age. Several times this has happened. My car or truck is not going to change this. On the flip side, I see no reason to pollute the air more than necessary.
Thats crazy! Yeah, we never have snow. But we had ice all over our roads for at least a week. And it just snowed today. It wasn't fun at all. lol.

We then had some 70 degree days too...last week
Old 02-26-2009, 11:38 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We'd put more faith in your "knowledge" if you hadn't tried to finger tighten your lug nuts...

/pissing match
Old 02-27-2009, 04:12 AM

tightening lug nuts with your fingers is on par with being a member of the church of global warming. Both activites are rediculous, require faith and are rather unscientific.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:31 AM

dude, guys, dont follow the guy around and harrass him just cuz the other thread is closed. he is free to post here just as you guys are.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:46 AM

FYI Global warming is not just the earth getting warmer. If you fully understand the theory of global warming you will realize there are going to be periods where seasonal temperature swings will be much more dramatic. Yes with global warming cold areas may get colder. This is due to shifts in weather patterns. The changes to the Earths atmosphere are having a dramatic impact on weather and severity. There is an overall net gain in temperature, thus its termed “Global Warming.”
Old 02-27-2009, 05:50 AM

think about it... sure it may get colder where u r, but in other places, its getting warmer. for every action there is an opposite. sure i believe in global warming, but im not a hippie about it. i also believe the global warming is a natural cycle, proved by the periods before the ice age.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by Hayes

You are correct there are historically ice ages and global temperature shifts. However, the rate at which our temperature is changing is much more rapid than ever before. This is bad since evolution takes time and rapid changes in our planet cause mass extinction.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:57 AM

so any temp shift in either direction is proof for a "theory"? maybe humans aren't the most important things in the universe that we have to believe that we control the weather too. I don't believe it b/c twenty years ago it was the global cooling scare, then global warming and now "climate change"
that and Al Gore's kids drive Masseratis, fly private jets and live in huge mansions. IPCC exagerrated claims and flat out lied about the number of reports they consulted (four as opposed to the claimed 2500)

read my sig.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:04 AM

No temperature shifts alone do not validate a theory. You have to dig deeper there is much more to the theory than increasing temps. If you understand the chemical properties of greenhouse gasses and their interactions with radiation generated by the sun, its clear excess levels of CO2 in our atmosphere is not a good thing.

P.S. I could careless about Al Gore and the Senate report in your sig. Government is not run by people seeking the truth. Government is run by lobbyist seeking their own agenda and profit.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:24 AM

Location: Cincinnati, Ohio - Amelia is the exact place. There is no one else on this site from where I am. Seems like everyone is from Cali or Washington. I guess I need to move.
It all has to do with the Thermalhaline(sp) Current in the ocean. It will naturally correct global warming.

Quick Reply: Butt dyno