Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

brand new 3VZE

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 11:33 AM

Location: Henderson, Nevada. Two traffic lights away from Vegas!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brand new 3VZE

Hello out there in Yotatech land!
So my girlfriend and I and of course the kids were thinking about driving to Flag Staff AZ to go and be with her parents for new years eve. I only have about 130 miles on my 92 Four Runner and was wondering if it would be a good idea to drive it down from Las Vegas to Flag Staff?
Is it too soon? Should I put more miles on the motor before taking a long trip?
Everything is running good on my toy. Is he ready for a 280 mile trip? Thats just one way, so more like a 400 plus mile trip.
What should I do??!! What should I do??!! It took me a whole year to get him running and I already love to drive it. I wont be doing any four wheeling. The main reason I am even considering taking my toy is cause we might have to take our beagle Duke, and there is no room in my girlfriends Corrola for a dog and two kids and my 69 Mustang.......well forget that!!
Please tell me what you all think I should do.
Thanks
Old 12-29-2008, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Stangmandan
Hello out there in Yotatech land!
So my girlfriend and I and of course the kids were thinking about driving to Flag Staff AZ to go and be with her parents for new years eve. I only have about 130 miles on my 92 Four Runner and was wondering if it would be a good idea to drive it down from Las Vegas to Flag Staff?
Is it too soon? Should I put more miles on the motor before taking a long trip?
Everything is running good on my toy. Is he ready for a 280 mile trip? Thats just one way, so more like a 400 plus mile trip.
What should I do??!! What should I do??!! It took me a whole year to get him running and I already love to drive it. I wont be doing any four wheeling. The main reason I am even considering taking my toy is cause we might have to take our beagle Duke, and there is no room in my girlfriends Corrola for a dog and two kids and my 69 Mustang.......well forget that!!
Please tell me what you all think I should do.
Thanks
Sounds like the perfect way to break it in. Vary your speed-- avoid long drone periods like cruise control at 60mph. Make a few stops to let it idle a minute or two-- get gas, stop for coffee, etc.
Check your oil and fluids at least once along the way and after you get there. 280 miles would be the perfect break-in trip.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:47 PM

Do you trust your work?Go for it ,take your phone!
Bigblock
Old 12-29-2008, 05:03 PM

balls to the wall... u only live once
Old 12-29-2008, 05:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
the trip should be fine. like mentioned vary the engine speed every now and then- if it's a stick shift back and forth between 4th and 5th or if it's an auto kick it in and out of overdrive. floor it every once in a while and coast too. try to not hold a constant engine speed for too long.
stop a couple times on the trip to check your oil.

and good luck!