Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

body lift modifications?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
body lift modifications?

Hello fellow yota techies,
I have a 93 4runner, in the process of rejuvenating the stock ifs suspension and throwing on a bj/coil spacers for some lift. Ive been debating on a putting in a body lift as well. I have a few concerns though. Why are people so against body lifts? They are the cheapest and fastest way to get some clearance and it doesn't alter suspension geometry. Also in the future I want to swap a 3.4 to take place of my 3.slow! From my understanding a body lift is required to swap the 3.4 into 1st & 2nd gen yotas. But my main question is how high of a body lift can I get away with, without making major modifications, ie, gas tank filler hose, radiator, wiring harness, etc. Yea bumper brackets aren't too major but will my wiring harness become stretched out & make it difficult to connect/disconnect plugs, but also I don't want to hack my stock gas filler tube. I've even read somewhere that they even have 1.5" body lift kits. If any of you guys can point me in the right direction with kits you've used, installed, critiqued, or purchased that you are content with I'd really appreciate it. I'm trying to get my rig ready by HUNTIN SEASON!!!
Thanks
Old 07-17-2013, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/...ft.shtml#GenII
Old 07-17-2013, 05:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I believe you can use a 2" without much modification. There's I'd a site called 4crawler that specializes in body lifts. They have all the info you need....

Every body has there own preference for body lifts. So every answer will me different depending on there opinion of them.

I for one hate body lifts. Here's my reasons why.
Everybody lift that I've ever used has either tire up my body mounts or screwed up my truck bed. Body lifts put alot of added stress onto your body mounts. In return something has to give sooner or later. They also increase your center of gravity making your truck became a little unstable on steep inclines. Suspension lifts do that as well. Body lifts also create a gab between the body and frame which I think looks hideous.

Now do I own a body lift? Yes my 1987 pickup has a 1" body lift on it. The reasons for this lift was to accommodate a chevrolet 4.3 swap that's coming after my SAS. My 1" BL cam from 4Crawler. It's much larger in diameter and doesn't cause as much stress as the smaller ones commonly sold on eBay.

Some pros is that it allows easy access to certain things. Bellhousing bolts, engine compartment, ext....

Hope this helps