Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Blazeland questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 04:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Blazeland questions

I've read every thread on here about the Blazeland long travel kit, and I think that's the route I'm going to go for my '95. What I really want to know though is if I need any special tools to install it. Any special pullers or the like? Also, what is everyone running for the rear leaf springs to match the long travel in the front? I've read that Downey Mini-Packs are good, but can't seem to find them anywhere, only for later model Tacomas.
Old 11-02-2017, 05:14 PM

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Your gunna want to get a torsion bar tool. A socket for the wheel bearing nuts is highly recommended if you take it apart that far. A pickle fork certainly makes tie rods easer to undo but isn't required. A press or vice for control arm bushings if they are press in. A ball joint press if they are press in. Maybe a pitman arm puller if that needs removed. Otherwise basic hand tools is really all you'll need. I know nothing of the Blazeland kit and don't know what style of parts it has so it's about the best i could do. Most special tools can be rented at most part stores to if needed. My rule of thumb is if you have to rent it more than once in a short period of time it'll be worth just buying.
Old 11-02-2017, 07:14 PM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
Downey has been out of business for a very long time

I know a few guys running blaze land kits and love it.
he is a member here, more active on instagram, seems helpful to customers
Old 11-03-2017, 03:41 PM

Sorry, I meant Deaver Mini-Packs. Anyone have a link or something where I can buy some for my truck? All I can find is for Tacomas and American trucks.
Old 11-03-2017, 04:14 PM
Fossilized
Staff

Originally Posted by 95YotaPickup
Sorry, I meant Deaver Mini-Packs. Anyone have a link or something where I can buy some for my truck? All I can find is for Tacomas and American trucks.
found this

https://www.deaverspring.com
if they still make them, they will tell you
Old 11-04-2017, 08:19 PM

What all else should be done when installing the Blazeland kit? I will be swapping the front differential to a new one with 4.88s to run 33s so I will have most of the front end torn apart. All I can think of is ball joints, tie rod ends, and torsion bars, along with the new extended control arms and axle shafts. Am I missing anything? I want to make this truck built for the long-haul.
Old 11-05-2017, 11:39 AM
Fossilized
Staff

idler arm, shocks.
might as well do bearings and brakes
Old 11-08-2017, 07:03 PM

Received 93 Likes on 73 Posts
IIRC, 4WD Toyota Owner mag did an article on that about a year or so ago. Can't recall exactly, or if they even addressed common installation problems. But I was interested in it enough that if i ever get the thing back together, I'll likely go with one.