Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Been An Eventful Vacation week

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been An Eventful Vacation week

I had to take some days off this week to watch the little one because he had spring break. So it gave me enoung time to mess with the 4runner.
I first began making a center console for the truck since there was not one when i got it, and i needed something to hold my switches to the tailgate.

After i got that done i put in some carpeting to get the truck a bit more comfy since i am hoping to make the truck into a longer distance travelnig rig for the family. Just regular household carpet. It works for me and was cheap.

Today i went to the local u-pull-it and got a heater relay and some wiper trim pieces. Glad I did. I went to figure out why the fan was not blowing so i go look at the fuse and behold, there is no relay. I get the one i on a whim purchased today and put it in, and i got 4 speeds from the fan. And to boot it even looks like the AC works in the rig.

I through som Seafoam into the gas tank and took the truck to the gas station to fill up. I recently installed a new speedo gear in the tcase and it was nice to see how fast i was going, and with the welded rear out of the truck it was nice to turn with no wheel scrubbing. I do have one heck of an exhaust leak though. The worst thing was when i got back home I parked the rig and saw oil dripping out pretty liberally from the motor. I had a leak before and changed the distributer o-ring, it seemed to fix it, but i didnt drive it far after i did that. So looking at everything it seems i probably have the front main seal leaking, since i have oil sprayed all over the inside of the hood and the front axle is nice and clean from the oil bath. So I hope to get a new seal this week cause i want to drive the truck to work so i can gain the rigs trust to start driving farther to places to wheel