Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

another code 52 knock sensor issue possibly from fluid leak out of throttle body?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 10:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
another code 52 knock sensor issue possibly from fluid leak out of throttle body?

I rebuilt my heads and complete top end and seemed to run fine until I had a leak from the throttle body. Seemed to drench everything and lost quite a bit of fluid. It threw a code 52 despite seemingly running fine. I fixed the leak and sprayed some cleaner in the leads and connector to the knock sensor pigtail. Could the leak damage the Knock sensor connection or wiring to the ecu?

The pigtail to the knock sensor is new and was replaced around 1k miles ago when i did the rebuild. I can clear the code and sometimes it will pop up within a few minutes of driving and sometimes it wont til later in the day. truck seems to be running lean smell wise and mpg wise as compared to a few weeks ago. I am going to chase down other things as well. I have not changed the o2 sensor since when I bought the truck in 2006. it is 2017 and I went from 117k to 280k miles and im sure a new one will help. My theory is its possibly tricked into a lean and I want to dial that in and fix idle and timing before eventually pulling the knock sensor / pigtail checking ecu etc.

Last edited by stevennc; 09-21-2017 at 06:19 PM.