86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

another of the 10000 torsion bar threads

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 11:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
another of the 10000 torsion bar threads

however this one isn't about the top nut spinning. The little bit I am able to turn the adjuster bolt I can see the top nut isn't spinning however the half moon spacer on the bottom is. This makes it nearly impossible to turn, I can only go about half a turn in each direction. I'm figuring the bolt is gonna break and be siezed in that spacer. I'm already ordering a set of bolts and nuts but can you get that half moon spacer as well?
Old 03-29-2008, 05:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Beaniam
however this one isn't about the top nut spinning. The little bit I am able to turn the adjuster bolt I can see the top nut isn't spinning however the half moon spacer on the bottom is. This makes it nearly impossible to turn, I can only go about half a turn in each direction. I'm figuring the bolt is gonna break and be siezed in that spacer. I'm already ordering a set of bolts and nuts but can you get that half moon spacer as well?
Well, if you had read my thread in general vehicle related topics you'd have seen my recent problem with this very same thing. Just turn it anyway! The bolt & washer will slam down as it aligns with the saddle again but just keep turning it.

Here is what I did; I PB Blasted it for about two weeks once a day prior to trying to move them (spray inside the hole too), I used a wire brush to clean the crud off the top of the bolt & once the bolt was clean above the nut I slathered a thick layer of anti-seize compound on it & then I reached the brush into the hole & slathered as much of the bolt as I could reach in there as well. The crescent shaped washer spun, snapping & squealing the entire time until I tightened back up a little. I found it only stuck like that on the way down but not on the way back up. After a few turns up & down trying to adjust it; it will now turn without the washer moving. It's still a little stiff on that side (drivers side) but much improved. The passenger side never gave me a seconds trouble & turned easily.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think the infamous torsion bar adjuster site (Chris Geiger's old page) has the part numbers.
Yes - you can get the half moon from the dealer