Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no pics no chicks.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:03 PM
Contributing Member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by BigBluePile
no, no I mean on a regular interval!
well it appears to be a little too late for that now doesn't it

and yeah, just slow down dude, it's easier and cheaper to do than any mod, upgrade, or buying anything new...

Last edited by iamsuperbleeder; 11-11-2008 at 05:05 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Contributing Member

Received 181 Likes on 126 Posts
Originally Posted by iamsuperbleeder
well it appears to be a little too late for that now doesn't it .
Ah, c'mon they're ONLY a little wore out...
Old 11-11-2008, 05:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BigBluePile
Ah, c'mon they're ONLY a little wore out...
maybe next time he should steer for the ruts in the ramp worn by the semi's?
Old 11-11-2008, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the whole speeding issue or lack there of is the whole reason why i keep my 4runner...well besides i kinda like it
Old 11-11-2008, 05:17 PM
Contributing Member

Received 181 Likes on 126 Posts
So, I wonder if the guy in the Jetta possibly soiled himself or was like: oh, him AGAIN...

Old 11-11-2008, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by ocdropzone
Add some weight, you need to for snow driving anyway. I have a piece of 1.25" plate, 24x14 (150 lbs or so) that I have had in 4 different trucks, works great
...there a not a lot of on ramps that I can think of down in Salem you can take in a pick up at 60-70 miles per hour..Schwab rotates their tires for free every 5K miles...
Glad you still got to see the girl
Too late to rotate. I had them rotated 5k miles ago. I used to just continuously do burnouts in my old truck with these tires...and never really rotated them...I was 16...I didn't care. I have over 25k miles on these tires. They are okay...just time for som new ones.

Thanks for the help! Hopefully I'll try to find something for the back of my bed.

maybe next time he should steer for the ruts in the ramp worn by the semi's?
Glad I don't have a 4x4...probably would have rolled that piece of crap
Old 11-11-2008, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by 91Toyota
Glad I don't have a 4x4...probably would have rolled that piece of crap
yeah, and semi's with far higher COG don't roll, but you would?
Old 11-11-2008, 06:09 PM

well i dont think semi's take it at 60
Old 11-11-2008, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by abecedarian
yeah, and semi's with far higher COG don't roll, but you would?
Never seen a semi get sideways on semi-dry pavement???
Old 11-11-2008, 06:12 PM

If you can get good at correcting a slide without over correcting you'd be a lot safer...I almost hydroplaned off a about a 30 foot embankment going through a huge mud puddle, but I whipped the back end around the other way...Then back again...then back again...kind of the opposite of PIO.

Go to an empty parking lot full of snow and just play around with getting the back end loose and then straightening out again.

Also, drive slower. It doesn't matter how good of a driver you are if you lose a bead going around a corner too hard and dig in and roll.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by T-1000
If you can get good at correcting a slide without over correcting you'd be a lot safer...I almost hydroplaned off a about a 30 foot embankment going through a huge mud puddle, but I whipped the back end around the other way...Then back again...then back again...kind of the opposite of PIO.

Go to an empty parking lot full of snow and just play around with getting the back end loose and then straightening out again.

Also, drive slower. It doesn't matter how good of a driver you are if you lose a bead going around a corner too hard and dig in and roll.
Thanks...I've been practicing getting the rear loose for awhile before the slide. Just wasn't prepared for that. I didn't whip it back...I just locked up the brakes after I was sideways going down the road...I should just take a picture of the skid marks. lol
Old 11-11-2008, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Spence1016
well i dont think semi's take it at 60
point made, thank you!
Never seen a semi get sideways on semi-dry pavement???
actually, no.
I've seen them slide on semi-wet pavement.
... but never on semi-dry.
but don't forget that most semi-trucks have a separate brake control for the trailer, where they can apply the trailer brakes separately from the tractor (cab) brakes.
...and most semi-truck drivers also slow down anywhere around wet ground.

Thanks...I've been practicing getting the rear loose for awhile before the slide. Just wasn't prepared for that. I didn't whip it back...I just locked up the brakes after I was sideways going down the road...I should just take a picture of the skid marks. lol
so you've been practicing getting the rear loose, but you weren't prepared for the rear end to get loose? do you realize what you just said?
the last thing you want to do when sliding is lock up the brakes, unless you know that on the other side of the chicane there are a few hay bales with your name on them... when the brakes are locked, you have ZERO control.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by abecedarian
so you've been practicing getting the rear loose, but you weren't prepared for the rear end to get loose? do you realize what you just said?
the last thing you want to do when sliding is lock up the brakes, unless you know that on the other side of the chicane there are a few hay bales with your name on them... when the brakes are locked, you have ZERO control.
Yes...on completely wet pavement. I was getting the rear end loose with my foot on the pedal. I wasn't accelerating and wasn't expecting that. When I get the rear end loose I'm usually only going 10-20 mph.

Yeah...maybe I could have rode it out. Want me to make a video and do it all over again? LOL
Old 11-11-2008, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by ocdropzone
Add some weight, you need to for snow driving anyway. I have a piece of 1.25" plate, 24x14 (150 lbs or so) that I have had in 4 different trucks, works great
...there a not a lot of on ramps that I can think of down in Salem you can take in a pick up at 60-70 miles per hour..Schwab rotates their tires for free every 5K miles...
Glad you still got to see the girl
That's going to make one hell of an armour-piercing projectile if he hit something. Best go for sandbags, they just burst when they hit something, though I'd still tie them down.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:55 PM
Contributing Member

ah comon guys, he's just trying to be like the all cool kids and drift his whip
Old 11-11-2008, 09:03 PM

I used to own a Subaru WRX, and when asking about mods the best advice I got was to go to driving school. I did it. Not only did they teach us about racing from ethics to taking corners and using your brakes effectively and safely and when, they taught us how to react in bad situations, like you had. Seriously, it was like $450 and for a Saturday and I learned more then I could in a lifetime of driving on my own and got to drive some bad a$$ cars.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, KEEP IT ON THE TRACK!

Last edited by stagger_lee; 11-11-2008 at 09:13 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:11 PM

Received 118 Likes on 67 Posts
i just took my buddy's bad experience and learned from it... one rainy afternoon he as goin to fast onto an onramp to 99 here in sacramento, hit a rut from all the big rigs and ended up spining out into the freeway... well he took out 3 small cars, his f150, an f250, and took out a fender on a bigrig that was going 40mph... every car but the bigrig was totaled btw... his license was suspended until he turned 21, and he cant afford his own vehicle because the insurance is thru the roof!!

moral? go slow... save your self from bad situations...
Old 11-11-2008, 09:12 PM
Contributing Member

well in a Soob it would be a little different considering it's an AWD, but I catch your drift

I teach myself a refresher lesson on defensive driving every time it rains; I'll graduate to a locker here soon
Old 11-12-2008, 01:58 AM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
But I have two cojones between my legs

Looks like I'll just slow down
Don't buy the nut thing, cuz usually after things turn out worse than your situation the teenager is sobbing like a baby while in the hospital bed, especially if they lost some faculty and heaven forbid if someone else gets hurt. Seen it too many times or they don't make it to the hospital bed. But what do I care stupidity is job security and I perfer truama over medical anyday.

Originally Posted by Matt16
Best go for sandbags, they just burst when they hit something, though I'd still tie them down.
I'd tie them down very good at 55mph that little tissue box in the rear of a car can kill, they're made to be soft. Wonder what 100lbs of sand would do as it burst.

Originally Posted by stagger_lee
I used to own a Subaru WRX, and when asking about mods the best advice I got was to go to driving school. I did it. Not only did they teach us about racing from ethics to taking corners and using your brakes effectively and safely and when, they taught us how to react in bad situations, like you had. Seriously, it was like $450 and for a Saturday and I learned more then I could in a lifetime of driving on my own and got to drive some bad a$$ cars.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, KEEP IT ON THE TRACK!
I like that may have to see about doing it myself, definately for the wife

Quick Reply: Almost crashed at 60mph!!!