Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

95 Toyota pick up 2we timing issue half tooth off?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 07:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 Toyota pickup 2wd timing issue half tooth off?

Okay here's the deal I've had the biggest headache with this truck I had the mains knocking in the truck well it finally went down my friend had the same motor 22re and we thought it was good well I pulled the oil pan it had a piece of the timing guide in it. Long story short changed basically everything. Well a port hole was clogged so I had water blow back and thought it was a head gasket so I pulled it and replaced it and found the problem fixed it and was going to replace intake well another fail cracked it bc of a bracket so pulled the motor again well I got it out of time when I pulled the head so then thought I put it in time. NOPE WRONG AGAIN okay now when I place crank on Tdc then the cam is off a little. Thought I could turn crank but when I put them both tdc then my chain want go on but all dots lined up and the chain links marked are in the right place I'm still off. I rotated to cam to Tdc with the cam line and my crank is off about 1/8 inch past 0. WHAT CAN I DO? HELPPPPPPP PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Last edited by Yota headach; 04-29-2017 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Typo