86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

95 4Runner Fan Switch Replacement...With Clock

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 95 4Runner Fan Switch Replacement...With Clock

Hey Everyone, Newbie time...well... years ago...and I mean years.. I was on here. So.... the O'l 95 3VZE is still bangin away at 250,000. I have done almost everything to it....but a new stereo...and the damn Heater Fan Switch. It only works on low, NOT GOOD AT -45*BELOW ZERO. Ordered a new one. Winter is coming fast, better get it in there, No heated garage here in Montana.
Took it down to the climate control and fan switch, all exposed... with a pocket knife and phillips head...while waiting for trout to start rising at a lake a few weeks back.
Noticed one damn screw on the clock that stopped me in my tracks. I am gonna find a way.... to replace that switch...without tearing the hell out of the dash ..or...get this.....removing the factory radio. There has to be a way to avoid the "nasty deed" and pop that new switch in there without a full divorce proceeding.
Anyone out there...anyone at all...that has beaten me to discovering the "Magic Trick"???
Thanks,
Pyroslinger
Old 10-03-2017, 06:27 PM

Received 570 Likes on 449 Posts
I have a 1987 truck so my dash is probably easier to take apart than yours but it should still be pretty easy.

I would personally rather remove more dash panels than I needed than risk breaking things trying to save time. You might spend maybe 10 minutes more doing it this way.

Someone else here will know the "ins and outs" of your dash better than me. Do you happen to have a Factory Service Manual?

Here is a video I found for adding a clock to your dash body style. It might help you figure out what is going on.

Old 10-03-2017, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Now that...is one fine reply...and lightning fast too ! After watching the video...Confidence went to a higher level and the Dread Factor dropped. I even went to Crutchfield and looked over an Alpine Replacement Radio. Now you have me all "Revved Up" to get this new switch in and upgrade the deck while I am at it. I don't have the Factory Body Manual, but do have the 1995 Factory 3VZE and R22 Motor Manual, if anyone needs a look up for anything. I will let ya know how it all plays out. You are right...take off the panels...do it correctly the first time...avoid a hack job.
Thanks For The Help old87Yota !!!