86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

93 Pickup replacing A/C problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 08:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
93 Pickup replacing A/C problems

I have posted a bit on here about my head gasket blowing and doing the top end rebuild myself. Most issues I've gotten solved. But When this truck was wrecked into a cow it ruined the evaporator and they just tossed it and cut the line that comes from the firewall and goes to the evaporator. They left the other line connected to the compressor which seems to work fine. So I ent to the salvage yard and bought the whole kit. Evaporator, drier, lines with relay and fusebox, and they threw in another compressor. Now I installed the high pressure line and the othe flexible one to the compressor both ready to connect to the evaporator. My problem is that the unit I got has a three prong connector coming out of the relay box that clips on the main fusebox. I went back and found earlier models had a round two wire connector. It has the big yellow wire and a small blac with a white stripe,the one I have has that plus a green wire.At the yard I looked at a 95, 91, 92 and I think a 94 but we couldnt tell. In every case the hole in the fender well in the engine bay had a ire loom going to the fusebox andno matter the year or type of connector it came off of that bunch of wires and had the plugin on it. I have looked and looked, cut open the loom 3 inches nd every wire is going to the fusebox. Now this truck had A/C originally and in fact has the place for the A/C box to clip on. so what am I missing and how can I fix it? It seemed like something was changed almost every year, but I expected to find something, Should I look somewhere else or find where the wires originate from and splice into them there? I really want to get this A/C working and it would suck if I cant because of this one connector, which I can't see them going to any more trouble than cutting, but I doubted they'd even do that, just tuck it out of the wy but I sure can't find the thing. Any body who knows whre or what is on a 93 or what to do please let me know. Thanks..

One other problem I have is when I bought this truck it was a ranch truck. he owner had land and cattle here in Ok and a friend that drove the truck around taking care of them. Apparently he hit one of the cows and must have been a good welder because he welded up new front and rear bumpers that are really nice.Buying something comparable would be 4 or 5 hundred for each. Anyhow there was some damage to the body and some things don't quite line up. I am doing all sorts of new parts while Im working on it and I decided to ged sway bar end link bolts and bushings, and a new steering stabilizer. I replaced the latter but I can't find a roll or sway bar anywhere under this skid plate. It did come with one Right? And though I have heard you don't need them I want one so should I go to salveage or buy a new one? ny good brands that actually make a difference?