86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

3vze Flame Thrower Injectors Review

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 10:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how did the install go?
i have the same set right now and is seems like the injectors will not set real tight in the cylinder port. do i remove the bottom oring or keep it on there? if i remove it, it seems like the injector sets right back where the orginal injector set. any advise would be great.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:49 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by thafluffinato
how did the install go?
i have the same set right now and is seems like the injectors will not set real tight in the cylinder port. do i remove the bottom oring or keep it on there? if i remove it, it seems like the injector sets right back where the orginal injector set. any advise would be great.

keep the bottom head seal on there. when the fuel rail is tightened down, the head seal will deform and seal it tight.
Old 12-16-2013, 05:56 PM

Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
I just received my set of flame thrower injectors in the mail today!! I cant wait to install these things!! I will let you know how it goes and what they will do for my motor
Old 12-16-2013, 09:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bone collector
I just received my set of flame thrower injectors in the mail today!! I cant wait to install these things!! I will let you know how it goes and what they will do for my motor

You won't be disappointed! It is a great combo with the improved air intake.

Be ready to adjust your fuel trims a bit though.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:28 AM

How much did you adjust the fuel? On the throttle body of the AFM?
Old 12-17-2013, 06:36 AM

Has any one tried flamethrower injectors with the 7mge afm up grade
Old 12-17-2013, 08:59 AM

How much did you adjust the fuel? On the throttle body of the AFM?
Yeah I bought the grey ones which add roughly 8% more fuel so I had to lean it out (the cog was at 7 clicks, now at 5 I think). It started throwing a code 25. Sadly though, my MPG's have gone down a little since doing the 7MGE mod because of the extra fuel. Oh well, I love the extra power! Also had to mess with the idle speed at the throttle body but you'll figure it out.

BTW, my truck ran HORRIBLE for 3 days after the upgrade. I knew it was coming though since these ECU's have a hard time adjusting fuel trims. It was doing things like not revving past 2500 RPM, stuttering, bad acceleration, etc.

Originally Posted by chefdave
Has any one tried flamethrower injectors with the 7mge afm up grade
Me! More air + more atomized fuel that burns quicker = more power. Just waiting to see if I pass smog, if so then it's one of best and cheapest mods you can do.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:14 PM

I just finished installing these injectors on my truck. My supra afm swap fuel wheel is at 6 clicks. When I was in the process of installing the injectors, I pulled the efi fuse on my truck. This reset the computer to allow the new modifications to work without trying to use the old settings. worked like a dream. once I had everything back together it fired right up with minimal adjustments. I installed these injectors along with new head gaskets, timing belt, headers and every gasket available. I took the truck for a quick drive. I am very impressed and happy with my results.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:18 PM

My install and a PSA for those who have had trouble.

Just installed and now have 200 mi on them, But to note this is my second set.

After installing the orange ones I was at a total loss at a continuous moving problem.
I called them up and found out that they have gotten a bad batch of injectors filters that were disintegrating and clogging the injectors (open and closed) which explains the problem.
They sent me a grey set emidiately which was nice since I had already hardwired the pigtails in (The oem injector plugs were crumbling from age).
Once the new set installed and the lines pressured up it turned over and idle smooth after the first rev.
I had to remove the IDLE air mixer screw plug and adjust it out several turns and tighten the vain spring 4 clicks.
The ECU has done well to re-learn but some fine tuning is still needed.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:52 AM

i would really like to try these injectors how do i get some of these, id love some for free
Old 01-21-2014, 09:08 AM

I just finished installing these injectors on my truck. My supra afm swap fuel wheel is at 6 clicks. When I was in the process of installing the injectors, I pulled the efi fuse on my truck. This reset the computer to allow the new modifications to work without trying to use the old settings. worked like a dream. once I had everything back together it fired right up with minimal adjustments. I installed these injectors along with new head gaskets, timing belt, headers and every gasket available. I took the truck for a quick drive. I am very impressed and happy with my results.
So basically, you've done every performance mod possible on these old 3.0's! Let us know if you ever get it dyno'd, yours would be a good example of the max HP range you could possibly get out of them.

Originally Posted by mrjayapbt
i would really like to try these injectors how do i get some of these, id love some for free
Unfortunately, all the free ones are gone. You can buy them on Ebay though, I think they are around $120 for a set. Or go here: https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f37/...ectors-271532/
Old 01-21-2014, 09:10 AM

ok cool thanks,
Old 02-02-2015, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Punchy
My install and a PSA for those who have had trouble.

Just installed and now have 200 mi on them, But to note this is my second set.

After installing the orange ones I was at a total loss at a continuous moving problem.
I called them up and found out that they have gotten a bad batch of injectors filters that were disintegrating and clogging the injectors (open and closed) which explains the problem.
They sent me a grey set emidiately which was nice since I had already hardwired the pigtails in (The oem injector plugs were crumbling from age).
Once the new set installed and the lines pressured up it turned over and idle smooth after the first rev.
I had to remove the IDLE air mixer screw plug and adjust it out several turns and tighten the vain spring 4 clicks.
The ECU has done well to re-learn but some fine tuning is still needed.

Hey Punchy, was your engine completely stock? I ask because you said you you had to adjust idle mixture and the vain spring?
Old 02-03-2015, 06:15 PM

I had to adjust the spring about 4 click lean for the older high flow grey injectors.
Old 04-25-2015, 08:44 PM

Hey Punchy. I'm looking at getting a set of Flamethrowers for my 3VZE along with a set of Thorleys and a much needed valve shim job. She's taken apart in the driveway as I'm typing this. What is the vain spring that you're talking about adjusting? I'm not familiar with that. Thanks.
Old 04-25-2015, 08:51 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ChzSoda
Hey Punchy. I'm looking at getting a set of Flamethrowers for my 3VZE along with a set of Thorleys and a much needed valve shim job. She's taken apart in the driveway as I'm typing this. What is the vain spring that you're talking about adjusting? I'm not familiar with that. Thanks.
the intake valves should be tightened to .008 inches and the exhaust to .012inches.you have to get your motor to TDC to do half of them and then rotate the crank 360 degrees to get the other 4 valves. find link to the FSM here on yotatech for instructions.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:07 PM

I'm familiar with the valve shimming process, but thanks for the heads up all the same. I plan on replacing everything between the aluminum intake manifold and the fuel rails. Do you know what components I would need aside from your injector kit? Just the insulators and their large o-rings, correct? Or others too?
Old 04-26-2015, 07:38 PM

The AFM only needed to be adjusted if you got the older grey set.
It was because the older greys had higher flow then stock and when the engine goes into Open loop it would dump a lot of fuel in and peg the O2 sensor (compared to stock)
Daily I kept setting the AFM 1 click lean until it found the sweet spot (5-7)

That's all my fiddling of course, Your results may vary.
Old 04-27-2015, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Punchy
The AFM only needed to be adjusted if you got the older grey set.
It was because the older greys had higher flow then stock and when the engine goes into Open loop it would dump a lot of fuel in and peg the O2 sensor (compared to stock)
Are these the gray ones of which you speak? These are the set I would be ordering. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-4Runner-Pickup-89-95-3VZE-3-0L-V6-4-hole-upgrade-fuel-injectors-w-video/261228448791?roken=cUgayN&soutkn=JUS61F
Old 10-06-2017, 08:09 PM

Help!!!

Hey guys! I pased smog in California in 2012. Decommissioned the 3vze for 2 years while replacing a ton of parts.

Flamethrower Fuel Injectors
Valve Cover Gaskets
Intake Manifold Gasket
PCV Valve
PCV Valve Hose
TVV Valve
Camshaft Seals
Crankshaft Seal
Spark Plugs
Idler Bearing
Tensioner Pulley
Hydraulic Tensioner
Water Pump
Thermostat
Upper Coolant Hose
Lower Coolant Hose
Radiator
Timing Belt
AC Belt
Power Steering Belt
Alternator Belt
Bilstein 5100 Series Shocks
Oil Pan Gasket
Oil Filter
Oil Drain Plug Seal
Inner Tie Rods
Outer Tie Rods
Swaybar Endlink Bushings
Upper Ball Joints
Lower Ball Joints
Driver Upper Control Arm
Pitman Arm
Both Axles
Brake Calipers
Brake Rotors
Brake Pads
Brake Lines
Cleaned Alternator
Cleaned Parts
Blue Vacuum Lines
Flushed Coolant, Toyota Red

I just tried to get it smogged after sitting for 2 years and replacing these parts little by little, and it failed smog in California. Guy didn't charge me but said it was running too rich. Any ideas? Do I need to pull the EFI fuse since I replaced the injectors? I read about changing the mixture with some turns and clicks? Can anyone give me an idea of what I can do. Thanks!

Quick Reply: 3vze Flame Thrower Injectors Review