86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

22r rebuild kits

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 02:23 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
22r rebuild kits

For those of you that have done it, who did you buy your kit from? LC engineering budget master rebuild seems to be the best bang for your buck at $300 for what appears to be everything. Truck has 214k on it and doesn’t appear to have ever been rebuilt. I’ve already put a bunch of new parts on so I might as well keep going and make it a new truck. Also for those that have done it yourself, roughly how long did it take you? My dad and I are probably going to do it ourselves. Any tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated as well. Here’s a link to the kit I mentioned:

https://www.lceperformance.com/Econo...-p/1010112.htm
Old 09-15-2018, 03:08 PM

Received 602 Likes on 441 Posts
You can put together a set of rebuild parts that contains many more Japanese and other high quality parts than this kit for similar money, or even slightly less money; if you shop around.

Depends on what you want, and how much time you've got.
Old 09-15-2018, 04:30 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by millball
You can put together a set of rebuild parts that contains many more Japanese and other high quality parts than this kit for similar money, or even slightly less money; if you shop around.

Depends on what you want, and how much time you've got.
Gotcha. I noticed it’s a mix of Japanese and Taiwanese parts. Are the Taiwanese parts sub par? Ideally I’d like to get it done in the next couple of weeks. I don’t necessarily need top of the line, but I’m not buying crap either. I’m going to keep this truck for awhile so OEM quality or better is what I’m after.
Old 09-15-2018, 05:35 PM

Received 602 Likes on 441 Posts
Originally Posted by tyvanwie

Gotcha. I noticed it’s a mix of Japanese and Taiwanese parts. Are the Taiwanese parts sub par? Ideally I’d like to get it done in the next couple of weeks. I don’t necessarily need top of the line, but I’m not buying crap either. I’m going to keep this truck for awhile so OEM quality or better is what I’m after.
Many Taiwanese manufactured parts I have seen, i would judge to be better quality than chi-com slave labor goods, but my first choice would still be Japanese.
Old 09-15-2018, 11:35 PM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

You can`t be buying parts till The Engine is out all inspected and measured .

Does the block need bored ?? Some Machine Shops can get somewhat cranky if you show up with your new engine parts something to think about .

Some Machine Shops can be swamped a 2 week or longer turn around time or 2 days you never know.

Rebuild the head or New Head with all new parts .?

Going with a Cam and Oversize Valves or keeping things stock ??

New Crank or having yours turned ??

So many things enter into the time it can take