86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

2 4runner builds (pats thread)

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 02:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 4runner builds (pats thread)

Hello, I own a 92, and a 91 4runner Sr 5 There both 3.0s
One is my Daily (camping unit), Ones my project build

So, I have one its Stock, Itll be heading to the Shop On payday, To start my build, It randomlly Died in the Trail, To what thought Was fuel problems, Now leading to be Timing Problems.
Now the Other, Went thru Some Sweet hell, I blew the Top end, And my Rads cooked, so, Ill be Doing a Rebuild on that one, but heres the Good news, It has a New lift, Prostage, comp 2 4" lift
On some Mean 31 Super swampers, Theres hardly any rust, And itll be Getting the motor Rebuilt, Once the other Returns from the Shop.
Ill be using my Good buds Shop, Dirty dog motors, Here in Cedar British Colombia,

I have a Few Questions After i Show some Photos of my two beasts
Attached Thumbnails 2 4runner builds  (pats thread)-20160322_154341.jpg   2 4runner builds  (pats thread)-20160322_154355.jpg   2 4runner builds  (pats thread)-20170112_154908.jpg   2 4runner builds  (pats thread)-received_10156918976360243.jpeg  
Old 03-18-2017, 02:26 PM

My questions Are, For Gearing i belive i have 4;88, Now normally i run 33, 35s, Should i Get different Gearing

Preformance Upgrades to the motor At all worth it ? Like Headers or anything.

Should i Put a 4" lift into my lil Red unstill i Save for a SAS, Due to i like to Find mud, and seem to be stuck alot... Usually, Tires, And im bottomed out learning areas

As to, Future motor ideas, Im Aware people Do TB diesel and 2jz Motor swaps? is there anything close, Without Crazy needs of mods ? Loooking for more power then a Crate 350, or 3.4
Old 03-31-2017, 08:28 PM

So runners In the Shop monday Morning. To Get it to running order. (couldnt figure out why it Cranks but doesnt fire. 3.0
Now the Question is. Mods and Upgrades i Should do at the moment, When Everything will be clean and Easy to work on.

A) light bar, And Hatch will be Relocated and Replaced.
B) Tire preference, Gearing Preference, Front bumper Prefence.
C) Engine upgrades and such, For more power (3.0)
D) Are there Skid plates you can Buy for the runner?
E) what lift is worth putting in, Till I Save enough to do a SAS (dont mind doing Extra Work To remove)
F) paint Ideas, IM looking for a Wine Red like the one (laugh if you want, But off GTA grand thieft auto, Due to the Colour and how it Stands) but any Preference ideas
G) Bucket seats and Steering wheel Swap, Dash cOmpass? where do i find One, Fender flares > Wintch and locker models? > Any of such is USefull

Going to Be slowly making my Bush Crawler once financially Balanced but for now, Repairs and Basic upgrades
Restoring and Then Building my 2nd Gen. Chop top and a SAS project will be its Future.
ITs stock with the Trail gear Bumper, And i belive 4:88 for Gearing,

Ive never Built ˟˟˟˟ before, Ive Seen lots of Builds, And Helped my Dad with His Squarebody. SO Tell me Everything, i like learning.
Ideas, Suggestions, Parts, Or Even Adds i should be looking into for myself, I have Spare Fenders, Doors and such for Half doors and all, So Only Really into Mods you can do, OR Cool builds Ideas, But Help me out.