Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

1993 Pickup Suspension lift options

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 05:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wait yes that was my point. He can use the bj spacers and aal to do this which is cheaper and the bj spacers vs the drop bracket the bj will help flex
Old 01-19-2010, 06:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i did a drop bracket lift and was VERY happy with it granted i should have just the blankety blankety lower control arm bolts sooner than when i did and it would have gone faster than what it did i went with rough countrys 4in lift and i now know why it was called rough country gah i couldnt ride in my truck for a very long time without my back being sore
Old 01-19-2010, 06:20 PM
Contributing Member

Received 182 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by hunter4runner
wait yes that was my point. He can use the bj spacers and aal to do this which is cheaper and the bj spacers vs the drop bracket the bj will help flex
Ohhh FLEX...in that case go with Total Chaos or a Blazeland LT kit.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:27 PM

you allready answered your own question; daily driver.

go with the lower more confortable lift, with 33's, it will be taller than 2 inches from the factory 26.6 inch tires, and it will still get som decent gas mileage, with out having to regear, yet.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:22 AM

I have a min. tbar crank, and helpers on the rear and have 33s under mine with tons of room, why do you need any more lift. I have a good amount of axle clearance under mine.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:25 AM
Contributing Member

wait, where is the OP in all this!?
Old 01-20-2010, 11:29 AM

I'm right here getting flamed like a SOB.

Last edited by GA22RE; 01-20-2010 at 11:30 AM.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by GA22RE
Anybody have any first hand experience with Toytec?
Well here's some of what I was asking for.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by BigBluePile
how do I lift and how much?

Oh I don't have tools.

With the 10 years (7 with Yota) and ASE Master Status I figured you could have understood that I am able to perform this by myself. Com'n BigBlue what's up with that?
Old 01-20-2010, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by DeathCougar
Still. This topic has been covered to death, brought back to life, run over with a truck, strapped in to life support, lethally injected, then frankensteined back from the dead until every last living soul on the planet has been consumed by Toyotas undying rage.

Also, the huge paragraph hurt my eyes.

And just to top it all off, the thread title is as ambiguous as it gets.
Ouch. Please one post was all it took to get the point across. Thanks Wabbit for the info. Guess you removed your post to not be a part of this so I appreciate the pm. What you suggested sounds like the way to go. Look for my order at the end of the month.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by mightymouse
I'm kinda in the same spot as you. I went ahead and purchased the ball joint spacers for my truck and instead of getting the add a leafs i ordered a custom set of alcan springs for the rear. Pricey you better believe it but i needed new springs and i always try to upgrade my truck when replacing stuff. Since i haul my quad and wanted the best spring for my dollar i asked around and found that the custom set up from alcan would be ideal for my needs. They ran me around 550.00 and are supposed to go in next month. new shocks and the bj spacers installed i'll be mounting a set of 33x12.50's on the truck there after. After searching and reading other peoples installs i found that they will clear but rubb the pinch weld. I figure no problem i'll go ahead and trim it and add a 1 inch body lift to relieve the rubbing issue. Things to consider when looking at the toytech ball joint add a leaf lift is you can only get so much lift out of the front and it's noted i believe in 4crawler's page that most every one's vehicle will be different. If you have the ADD system to engage your 4wd cvs will be a concern with this type of lift since it drops the spindle by adding a spacer at the upper ball joint. If you have the locking type of hubs it can still be a concern but not as much as the ADD system. Many posts will suggest to only add the ball joint spacers to achieve more travel and not lift. I kinda want to find a happy medium of relaxed torsion bars and only enough lift to fit tires with the body lift. Remember only lift as much as needed! So is the toytech lift a good idea i think so but as you can see i did a lot of research before i went a similar route. I used 4crawlers ball joint spacers and using a custom spring set up out back. If you have good leafs then go for the add a leaf. I also have read bad reviews on the procomp shocks and took it with a grain of salt. I opted to go with bilstiens in the long run for performance gains. As far as i've read the procomp stage II lift is one of the better ones for our trucks. If i was going that route of getting a bracket lift that is the one i'd go for. Next month when every thing is in i'll give review and write up on the pro's and cons of my set up. Good luck hope this helped.
This is good info. This was the experience portion I was looking for. That's an interesting point about the engagement of 4WD.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by yoder519
if you want 4inches but dotn want to spend a grand, get bj spacers(4crawler, good guy to deal with) and a 2inch Add-a-leaf, there bout 50 bucks, and a 2inch body lift. heres a pic of my truck with nothin but bj spacers,AAL, 33x12.50 with 15x8s with 3.75 backspacing, only rubbed when i wheeled

and here it is with a 2in body lift added

hope this helps. i love to wh@^e out my yotas
Thanks. I like the satin black look as well.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:48 AM
Contributing Member

Hey man!! lol, I'm only playin. Besides, 4Crawler says it best: Lift as much as YOU need.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:51 AM

I know you were. I had a coworker reading the post at the same time and I was like ...DOH why does someone I work with have to see this. Your completely right with what 4Crawler said. No mall cruiser here.

Last edited by GA22RE; 01-20-2010 at 11:53 AM.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:00 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
35x12.50's with zero lift in the front. I clearanced the fenders:

Name:  IMG_4169.jpg
Views: 4227
Size:  134.3 KB

This suspension works a WHOLE lot better in its stock geometry. I've beat mine harder than all but a couple people on this site, and kept it together pretty well. I found it doesn't like being lifted much at all, especially the steering.

My suggestion would be to look into a 10.5 tire, rather than the 12. The 12's like to munch steering. I am rebuilding my entire steering system now with the exception of the steering box and pitman beause of this.

You can put on the spacers and reduce the lift by de cranking the torsions. Get smaller lift springs for the back. The 33x10.5s will fit great and perform quite well.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:07 PM

Received 303 Likes on 209 Posts
How do you feel about cutting fenders? I cut about 2 inches off of my fenders and beat the pinch weld down and 33x12.5 fit with no rubbing.

Old 01-20-2010, 12:09 PM
Contributing Member

Yup, go tall and skinny tires and keep the COG down low. I REALLY like the BJ spacers/rear lift combo idea. I definately feel top heavy, no suprise though.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:54 PM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
Ouch. Please one post was all it took to get the point across. Thanks Wabbit for the info. Guess you removed your post to not be a part of this so I appreciate the pm. What you suggested sounds like the way to go. Look for my order at the end of the month.
Its just that its been covered 100x over. If this were pirate, your thread would have been deleted already. Luckily there are several members over here willing to spoon feed info to people who refuse to search.

The search is even muddled because of so many different topics and ambigeous titles that have nothing to do with the contents of the thread.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by DeathCougar
Its just that its been covered 100x over. If this were pirate, your thread would have been deleted already. Luckily there are several members over here willing to spoon feed info to people who refuse to search.

The search is even muddled because of so many different topics and ambigeous titles that have nothing to do with the contents of the thread.
Okay this is starting to get just blatantly rude. I have tried search and I just wanted a few opinions from members here is the community (a place where people feel welcome). I was looking for first hand accounts of whether some have installed 2" lifts and later regretted it. I also was looking for first hand opinions of Toytec suspension lifts. Speaking of deleting threads this is the first forum where free items I have listed are removed. Words like "spoon fed" and other things that I have seen you use on this thread are completely unprofessional and foreign to any other forum's moderators. I honestly thought this was a family friendly thread where members can come together for help or suggestions. Your point was made the first time you responded. I have met nothing but great people here and really appreciate the vendor communication. On the subject of moderators why is it that I only receive flak from you. So in this case let's both moderate this thread by avoiding name calling, insinuations or other attacks. These kind of conversations could best be transmitted through pm's one would think. This is just really hard for me to believe as I am the community leader on another site (3800PRO) where I have step-by-stepped members through problems, given advice, and given away literally hundreds. Changing the subject since the search yields no results and as most is muddled due to threads taking turns such as this can we get back to the 2" Toytec lifts vs. the 4" bracket lifts. Wabbit and other members pretty much have answered my questions but if anyone else has info as to the choice between these two please feel free.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:49 PM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
I don't think I posted in this thread until now, but I did reply to your question via PM after reading this thread from the link you provided in your PM.

Quick Reply: 1993 Pickup Suspension lift options