84-85 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd gen pickups and 1st gen 4Runners with solid front axles

Interior colors

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 02:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interior colors

I tried to search this one out but had no luck. I have an 85 sr5 4x4 xtra cab red with tan interior. It's missing some parts, mainly the glove box. My question is, are there different colors of brown on the dash? I've found a few glove boxes that are described as brown. One looks close to the dash in my truck, the other two don't but also don't look the same as each other, they both appear darker. I've also seen pictures on line of interiors that all look a little different. So, as far as the Lower part of the dash, was there like a lighter and darker color scheme? Some of the pictures I've seen looks like the dash pad and lower dash are the same color but mine look like different colors. Just trying to get a part that matches! Thanks in advance for any insight you could provide.
Old 11-22-2017, 07:04 AM

I'll be watching if you find a used parts source, please post.

Good luck, I've been searching as well.
Old 11-22-2017, 02:04 PM

Received 554 Likes on 452 Posts
Most likely different because of UV/sun fade. There were two shades of grey in first gen 4runners, you can see this in the parts catalogs. I'm not aware of any of the others have two colors/shades. It's worth noting if you have the stripey two tone interior, there aren't many like that and I believe they were all custom sprayed. AFAIK, they are all blue underneath anyway..
Old 11-24-2017, 09:26 AM

Thanks for the reply, there’s parts catalogs? Got any links?