Pre 84 Trucks 1st gen pickups

Help with truck identification ,.. 1982 Toyota fiberglass tail

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 07:28 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Id keep it. Chances are you will never have one again.

If you post it on here for sale...you must list price. It in the rules.
May save you some grief.

You should post more pictures here if you have them. Us trekker junkies would love to see inside it and stuff. Little details in pictures can really go a long way in a restore.

Thanks man. Hope you get what you want out of it, but honestly, it would be really cool to see you keep it and restore it.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would love to keep it but I have far too many and my first little one on the way so far best offer has been $3500 so I will start there

Maybe if I sell a few of the 5 jeep Comanches I will keep it

Last edited by JENSSEN; 02-03-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:34 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
First things first, we must find the guy that thought that it would be a good idea to run the exhaust like that and give him a good swift kick to the nuts!

Nice find, that'll make a for a good project truck. I'd keep it if I were you!
Old 02-04-2013, 07:44 AM

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
Yeah, the exhuast is crazy. Good for..? And I would guess it's something of a snorkel, but what's up with the carb intake? Is it run into the cab?
Old 02-17-2013, 07:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It has come to my attention that there is some controversy surrounding the Trekker I have listed. In short, the original owner is claiming it was stolen by his brother, and when it was impounded, he was never contacted.
I don’t want to cause waves, and being a gear head myself I know how attached I get to my vehicles and have a hard time parting with them.
˟
Having said that, and wanting to keep everything above board, I will explain my position, and what I’m willing to do. I found the Trekker at a junk yard. Meaning it had already been in impound for 30-60 days with no claim made on it. I cant control the fact that the impound yard did not contact the original owner. And having a few vehicles impounded myself, cannot say I have ever NOT been called, but stranger things have been known to happen. I bought the vehicle, did my due diligence, and went to the registries, and registered the Trekker. Another thing I didn’t think possible if it was owned by another person.˟ In the interest of full disclosure, I have now been contacted by the registries and the VIN has been burned.
˟
What I am willing to do is this: If the original owner gets a hold of me in a week’s time, and can prove ownership, and pays for the expense I am out of pocket (registry, towing, purchase price) he can have his Trekker back. I believe this is more than reasonable, and I would hope that if I was in a similar situation someone would extend this to me.
˟
Otherwise, I have no choice but to proceed with the sale.