Pre 84 Trucks 1st gen pickups

Bumper Brackets to fit 89-95 bumper on '82

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 07:34 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Bumper Brackets to fit 89-95 bumper on '82

Does anyone have a template for making brackets to fit an 89-95 rear bumper on an '82?? Or better yet, does anyone have the brackets already made??

Thanks!
Old 11-17-2017, 04:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
bump! Lots of great options for bumpers on the newer trucks, but those of us nursing the old junk are stuck with home made hillbilly cow catchers, lol.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:26 AM

Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts
There are a number of companies making first gen bumper. Addicted Offroad for example. I'd add a link to their site but Yotatech is retarded.
I do not know of a template for fitting a later model bumper to the 79-83 trucks. Any fab shop should be able to figure it out though.

Last edited by Punjab; 11-17-2017 at 09:32 AM.
Old 11-20-2017, 01:13 PM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Yeah, I believe OP was talking REAR bumper. I've been looking around and haven't seen anyone doing rear bumpers for first gens recently. Addicted, Dave's, and NWTI all do Front bumpers (those are the only current ones I've seen). I went with the NWTI weld together front kit last spring and it's pretty sweet.

I'm not sure how hard it is to adapt a newer gen rear to a first gen. Hopefully someone else who's done it will chime in and let us know!
Old 11-21-2017, 06:01 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
Originally Posted by medicmoose
89-95 rear bumper on an '82?? O!
Originally Posted by Punjab
There are a number of companies making first gen bumper. Addicted Offroad for example. I'd add a link to their site but Yotatech is retarded.
I do not know of a template for fitting a later model bumper to the 79-83 trucks. Any fab shop should be able to figure it out though.
why is it hard to post a link on YT? copy and paste the link into your post, i do it every day on this site
for front bumpers the winch plate needs to be extended out with a spacer due to the overhang of the core support above the front of the frame
Originally Posted by Bingle
Yeah, I believe OP was talking REAR bumper. I've been looking around and haven't seen anyone doing rear bumpers for first gens recently. Addicted, Dave's, and NWTI all do Front bumpers (those are the only current ones I've seen). I went with the NWTI weld together front kit last spring and it's pretty sweet.

I'm not sure how hard it is to adapt a newer gen rear to a first gen. Hopefully someone else who's done it will chime in and let us know!
you are correct rear bumper

try badlands bumper, they have rear bumpers for 79-83's

Last edited by dropzone; 11-21-2017 at 06:02 AM.