Notices
Misc Stuff (Vehicle Related) Interior, exterior, audio, anything that does not fit into the above categories

FS[FourCorners]: Offroad alternators available

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 07:14 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Offroad alternators available

Offering custom built sealed military alternators. The housings are salvaged, and designed for use in military trucks. We part out the guts with brand new hardware, stator, brushes, bearings, diodes, voltage regulator, etc... Boosted charge output, so you can run more accessories (lights, sound system, etc..). The liquid tight housing is completely sealed! Go trucking in the mud worry-free of contamination with these units. Direct fit replacement, with the replacement electric connectors needed.

On the left pictured is my standard rebuilt alternator from 1995 4Runner (blue). On the right (silver) is the military sealed offroad alternator.

Contact me if interested. $325 shipped anywhere USA, from New Jersey.
Old 10-24-2016, 08:32 PM

Received 599 Likes on 439 Posts
What is their rated output?
Old 10-25-2016, 07:20 AM

This one rated output as 110. The modified alternator can be tuned to output some more, if needed.

On my 1995 4runner, the back of the offroad alternator did not clear the oil check tube. A bracket had to be made to re-position that tube to make way for the rear size of alternator.
Old 10-26-2016, 04:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can you do upgraded output without the extra cost of all that sealing? Ive got a truck that is 99% street driven, but would be interested in more amps for lights and stereo. Whats the cost for a standard one with upgraded amps?
Old 10-26-2016, 05:41 PM

Yes, can customize the boost. Stock output is about 105 amps. Boost output 140 amps, or whatever you ask. Have to be careful, if your not draining the extra electric there could be some damage.

I can offer the sell a modified stock alternator, except I have no more 4runner housings. I'm assuming you probably don't have a bad one laying around you can ship out? If not I need some time to sort through the pile in the salvage yard.