Notices
Vehicles - Trailers (Complete) Have a whole vehicle to sell? Put it here

FS[NorAtl]: Vermont: 2003 Tacoma xtra cab 267K miles *price reduced* - $2950

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 05:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vermont: 2003 Tacoma xtra cab 267K miles *price reduced* - $2950

Up for sale is my 2003 Toyota Tacoma.
4cyl, 5spd, 4x4, sr5, xtra cab, 267K miles. Mostly highway on my commute from central VT to Chittenden county for work.

I'm the 2nd owner, I bought it in Feb of 2009 with 43K miles. I have the title in hand and don't have to wait on banks or DMV.

The Good:
New frame installed in 2011 around 130K miles at 802 Toyota in Berlin VT.
New 10-ply 235/85-R16 tires (no lift kit needed) installed at 802 Toyota in December.
Alignment was done in December 2016 as well. Caster is a little bit off. BUT Camber and Toe are spot on as well as cross camber/toe.
Matching Leer 122 Hight-rise fiberglass cap without cracks and all of the glass is good.
New Clutch installed and slave cylinder Nov 2016. The original clutch lasted 260K miles.
Driver side inner and outer tie rods replaced Nov 2016
New windshield installed March/April of 2016 by Crash Auto. It got a chip over the summer. They sealed the chip and it hasn't turned into a crack, so it's a good seal and shouldn't cause any problems.
No rust on any rockers/cab corners or in any of the wheel wells.
Engine is in great shape, it has never let me down. Regular Mobil1 5w30 oil changes every 5K miles.
Front brake pads and passenger side caliper replaced July 2015
Rear brake shoes and a wheel cylinder replaced May 2015.
Brake rotors were last replaced in 2012. They are Toyota rotors. I got 150K miles out of the original pads/rotors.
Spark plugs replaced August 2016. The #3 cylinder also got a new coil pack at the same time.
The battery is a couple of years old. But even recently at -10 degrees F, the truck started up without any issues.

The bad:
The bed was starting to develop rust holes. So I had a sheet of diamond plate steel, 3/16" thick welded in. I did this instead of trying to patch any holes and deal with sheet metal.
The tailgate has seen some better days. The top has been reinforced with 3/16" steel, now it does not flex at all, no matter what you put on or do to the tailgate.
Front 02 sensor needs to be replaced
Exhaust gasket between header and front catalytic converter needs to be replaced.
Some surface rust on the side of the bed rails and on tailgate. No holes in any of the rockers.
Driver side needs new door handle
Some rust holes on the door sill on the driver side.
Was on the receiving end of a fender bender in March of 2014. Driver fender, front bumper, and etc were replaced. I have the pictures available to show the minimal damage. No issues with the frame or alignment.
The e-brake cable needs some more adjustment. It does hold the truck and it is not sticking anywhere.

The Ugly
The clutch fork/bearing sticks. You can pop it back with a wrench from the underside, and then it'll work for 2 or 3 shifts. The shaft or bearing need to be cleaned up. I don't have time or space to do this. It is driveable without using the clutch. 1st to 2nd is at 10mph and 1100 rpm's, 2nd to 3rd is at 22mph and 1200 rpms. And etc.

$2,950 OBO. Cash, not looking for trades.

Thank you,

~ryan
Old 02-01-2017, 04:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bump. To the Top.