Notices
Vehicles - Trailers (Complete) Have a whole vehicle to sell? Put it here

FS[SouthEast]: Stock 85 4runner

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 07:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock 85 4runner

Hey guys,

We're heading back out to our RV park in Iowa this Sunday, and I've decided to sell our stock 85 4runner that we had been using out at the park to get gas for our equipment every few weeks. I had planned to bring it home and build it up eventually, but I stumbled across an okay deal on a partially built '86 4runner and decided to buy and continue building it up instead.

Here's a few details about it:

- I swapped tailgates with my '86, so the one I'm selling is pretty badly dented and without glass (See pics below). Before I removed it, though, the glass went up and down perfectly, so the truck has everything you need to replace it with a good working tailgate again.

- It's an automatic transmission with only 144,000 miles, and I'd like to get $3,000 for it.

- I hauled the truck back to TN this winter with intent to build it up, but I forgot all the paperwork and maintenance docs at our park in Iowa. We'll be back in Iowa on March 26th and will be able to post up everything that's been done to it since we bought it. I know I had some things serviced in Iowa when I was having an intermittent starting issue, but I can't remember what it was that was fixed at the time. The title is also out there, so I'll mail all that back to my parents house in Rockford as soon as I get out there on the 26th.

- While at the park two years ago, I had my cousin work at the park for a little bit. He proceeded to get drunk one night, essentially stole the 4runner and took it for a joy ride at our park. Well, needless to say, he whacked a tree on the driver's side of the truck, which you can see from the pics. It damaged the end of the bumper, the headlight, and turn signal. Plus, it tweaked the driver's side spring a bit, so it rubs on the rear part of the fender when you turn left. I never messed with it, because I had planned on building it up and all of that would get removed or cut off when I built it up. But, because of this, the steering wheel is off, but it drives just fine otherwise.

- You'll also notice from the pics, I didn't have the time to clean the truck up or remove everything from inside it before taking pics. It's actually super clean inside, but all the floorboard padding and carpet has been removed. Compared to the '86 I bought, this '85 is super super clean with no rusted floorboards. Everything inside the truck will be removed before we leave this weekend.

- When I bought it, the previous owner had put some power leather seats in it, which work great. I thought about swapping them into my '86, but I ran out of time.

- When I bought it, the rear seats weren't in the truck, so I don't have them, but the metal cover is in place that essentially makes it a flat surface most of the way.

- That's all I can think of right now, but if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. It's located in Rockford, TN at my parent's house, so he'll be the one showing it to you if you'd like to see it and drive it.

Old 03-19-2014, 07:23 AM

Old 03-19-2014, 07:24 AM

Old 03-19-2014, 07:24 AM

Chris