Notices
Vehicles - Trailers (Complete) Have a whole vehicle to sell? Put it here

FS[PacNorWest]: FS: 1986 4 Runner in East Bay, CA

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FS: 1986 4 Runner in East Bay, CA

I'm selling my 1986 4runner, it has a 1.5'' 4crawler body lift and sits on 35'' tires very nicely. It will need new tires at some point, but they are fine for now. Bought it 5 years ago and wouldn't pass smog so I went through the entire thing. What you get here is basically a bran-new truck, new rebuilt motor (yota1 in Modesto) and rebuilt transmission (Elk Grove Gear, Sacramento). Great daily driver/weekend warrior. Other than the rear window, and the AC not blowing (not hooked up), fan works great, heater is awesome, everything works perfectly, truck drives great. I'm sad to let it go, but in the mists of putting the new motor and trans in I had a son and am looking for something a bit more "practical" now that the whole family could enjoy. =)

It had a very slow leak from the rear input shaft, but I tightened that up and it seems to have stopped. I'm pretty sure its fine now. My longer-term plan was to have the diffs (Front and rear) rebuilt with included 5.71 gears then eventually drop in Spartan lockers.

The body is pretty good, looks great from 10 feet. Never rolled, never in an accident from what I know of. It has a small dent on the hood, and rear driver side by the tail light. Interior is all there but is not perfect. I would say the car is in perfect condition for someone who wants to USE it.

Needless to say, just passed smog in May with flying colors (right after motor rebuild) I have the report for that as well as all the paperwork from the rebuild. (shows tolerances, etc) Motor came with a 1yr unlimited mileage warrantee from Yota1. It also has a new cat, o2 sensors, etc... The truck is basically mechanically perfect.

Trying to get as close to $10k as possible, but I'm happy to entertain any reasonable offers. If you want a truck that will run for another 20 years this is the one for you. I am probably forgetting some stuff but just msg me if your interested.

Photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/wHRyM4XZGszmtUXT6

Motor:
About 500 miles (break in period) on:
Rebuilt and installed 22re by Yota1 Performance (1yr unlimited miles warranty, installed in May 18')
Rebuilt short block & head
New timing chain cover, hard guides
New water pump
New oil pump
New Head bolts
New hoses
New dual stage thermostat
New radiator (all metal from yota1)
New radiator cap
Resurfaced flywheel
New Marlin Crawler 1,200Lb turbo clutch kit
New o2 Sensor

Transmission and transfer case:
Rebuilt transmission by Elk Grove Gear (rebuilt in 2016, never ran until new motor installed May 18')
Checked transfer case when transmission was rebuilt (checked when transmission was rebuilt)

Brakes:
Deleted LSPV
Breaks work great
Parking break was fixed at Yota1 (light stays on) break works perfectly

Extras:
5.71 front and rear differential gears (uninstalled)
1st Gen alloy wheels (uninstalled)
Square stock steel to finish welding up the front and rear bumpers.
2 front seats
Recovery strap
Whatever other misc parts, stuff I have.

Interior:
All there and yes it could be better but this way you don't have to worry about getting it dirty!
A/C compressor holds some pressure, belt is not connected, I think it could work with minimal effort but I never had the time to try.

Exterior:
Small ding on hood, small dent on rear driverside near tail light (See pix)
Paint is pretty good, truck looks great from 10 feet away.
Never rolled, ever hit, body and frame are straight.

The bad:
Will need new tires at some point, minor cracking (they are just a bit old)
Back window does not roll up. The window worked when I parked it 5 years ago, wiring is good. I think it needs a new motor (~$80 on amazon).