Vehicles - Trailers (Complete) Have a whole vehicle to sell? Put it here

WTT[GreatLakes]: $3900 Indiana 92 SAS toyota 4runner pickup truck rock crawler

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$3900 Indiana 92 SAS toyota 4runner pickup truck rock crawler

9/16/13
TRADE PENDING

Selling my 4 door build as I'm moving to a 2 seater buggy.
Been a great wheeler and would make someone a nice daily driver/weekend wheeler with some TLC and elbow grease.
I've invested $4500 in parts alone in just the axles.

Built SAS 92 bobbed 4runner
3.0 v6 with automatic
pwr windows, pwr locks, pwr mirrors, A/C
Has 4x4 innovation tube doors on it now as I've never bothered switching them back and forth.
All 4 doors go with it.
Rear is bobbed and rear cab/window from pickup fabbed in along with tailgate.

Front axle:
-Trail gear dirty 30's
-trunion eliminators
-6-shooter knuckles with ARP studs
-hysteer kit
-5:29's with ARB
-trail gear HD 3" leaf springs

Rear axle:
-v6 3rd member with 5:29's & ARB
-chevy 63" leaf springs with extended shackles

Drive shafts are both custom builds by HIGH ANGLE DRIVELINE. Jesse does amazing work and if you're into wheeling, you've heard of him. $800 alone in the 2 driveshafts.
Auxilary battery tucked up in rear cargo area next to toolbox.
Has a 8000lb winch and bald spare tire.
Mounting spot on rear swing out tire carrier for high-lift (jack not included)
The rock sliders are really nice in the rock gardens.
Cb in cab and has pa horn mounted in front for yelling at the jeeps in the way!
Has 4 rock lights mounted....2 front and 2 up under driver/passenger area (I think 1 may need replaced)
Diamond-plate locking toolbox WITH key to keep your gear stored and locked up.
I had a stereo system in it but took the 2 rear speakers, amp and sub out for my next project. Wiring still there to add back in but as of now it's just a head unit with front speakers hooked up.

I was told the transmission was rebuilt with a shift kit installed at some point just before I purchased it.....and I don't doubt it as it the tranny shifts VERY firm.
No slushbox here!

As always it's sad to see something go that you've put so much time, energy and money into but it's time for me to move into something different as this 4 door is just larger than I need for 1 person.
This has been an excellent wheeler and is built enough to tackle serious trails and still drive decent on the road at 55mph

The clean picture is what it can look like with an $800 paint job which I had done to it a few yrs back. Again that is not how it looks now, just wanting to show it's potential. My plan was to clean it up and make it look like that then sell it for $7000 but I don't have the time so it is selling as is with faded & chipped paint some dings & dents.
The speedometer cable is dangling next to tcase...never bothered hooking up. And odometer is stopped at 223k miles.

Sitting on black rock crawler steel wheels with 2" aluminum spacers on front and 1.5" spacers on rear for a little extra width.
33x12.50x15 mud terrains that have plenty of tread left but have been beat on pretty good as I've had them on my last 3 builds over the past 8 yrs. Plenty of cuts and couple chunks missing but they hold air and are perfect for the trail.
The rig handles great (for what it is) on the road. If you know anything about toys then you know the 3.0 isn't known for it's power.
It moves down the road ok at 55mph but it's not really a highway rig.
I drive it around locally and to/from trails and does great. With the shorter automatic transmission the front driveline is too short to allow 4x4 at speed on the road so it's a 2wd truck on the road (unlock hubs).
Drips a couple drops out of both 3rd members but nothing to worry about. I didn't get enough RTV applied last time I had them apart I guess.
It has your typical check engine light that likes to come on from time to time so I open the hood and sure enough the engine is there
(may be o2 sensor or somethig like that) Has never caused me any grief and I have yet to own an older one like this that didn't have the idiot light come on periodically.
At speed on the road it also triggers the O/D light to flash (most likely linked to whatever is causing the check engine light) but again has never been an issue for me.
A/C does get cold if charged up but I haven't charged in awhile
(guessing small leak somewhere in the system but didn't matter to me as I had planned to convert the A/C compressor to on board air since with the tube doors A/C is pointless.)
Engine has never let me down or overheated for m. I put a new radiator in it 2 yrs ago when the old one sprung a leak.

I've tried to describe as best as possible and it's a lengthy bit, but I'd rather mention all the small things so there are no surprises.
It is what it is.
Has pretty much all the good stuff in the front axle. ($3000 in parts alone added to front axle)
The 5:29's with the automatic and the relatively low 2.57:1 transfer case makes crawling a breeze. It eats rock gardens for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
Has incredible amount of flex for a leaf sprung rig.
With a little TLC and $800 paint job, it'll look like new.

Last edited by ALHOSER; 09-16-2013 at 04:58 PM.