Notices
Vehicles - Trailers (Complete) Have a whole vehicle to sell? Put it here

FS[SouthEast]: 1981 Toyota 4WD - $1500 - 1hr South of ATL

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 05:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1981 Toyota 4WD - $1500 - 1hr South of ATL

Don't get too excited!

This rig is pretty rough. If you're looking for something to drive DAILY, this probably isn't it. It's street legal, but I'd keep it on a farm or build it for mud or rocks. I will tell you EVERYTHING I know about the truck as I helped install most of the stuff on it:

Engine came out of a 1985 that my neighbor owned for like 17 years. It's a very solid engine with good power. He took great care of it but a Prius rear ended that truck and I bought it, that's how its engine got in this 81. New (2 months ago?) Head gasket, timing chain, and exhaust gaskets. Used Weber 32/36 with Electric fuel pump. You could buy a fuel pressure regulator and use the stock mechanical pump, this electric one works fine though.

4 speed transmission. All gears and synchros work appropriately.

Brand new (3 months ago) 3" suspension lift and 33-12.50 mud tires.

CONS: (PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTACTING ME)

The brakes are shot.
Bed is rusted badly.
Driver's door has been pried open before. It closes, just looks bad.
Headlights do not work.
Alternator is not charging.
Interior is trash.
No key.. you crank it with a screwdriver..... Yeah. Look I said I'd list everything lol

SO. It's got a great engine, a good transmission, solid axles, good suspension, knobby tires, and even though it's a certified POS, it's still a first gen 4WD Toyota pickup. I will take $1500 like it sits, or $1000 without the rims and tires.

I would like to reiterate that this truck is in awful condition cosmetically. The thing about these first gens is that even when they're beat up they still look cool, but I just want to fully disclose that this thing is ROUGH. I don't know man, I'm just trying to be as honest as I can be. I don't want anyone to be disappointed. You can call me at 706-415-3908 if you have any questions. Thanks dudes.

Old 06-06-2017, 05:08 PM

Also the windshield is cracked in multiple places. And there's an oil leak from where my friend boogered up something he "fixed" on it. If I think of other stuff I'll post it too. As far as the interior goes, the original seat is destroyed, emaciated, etc, but will come with it? If you want? Has a 2WD bench seat in it now. No door panels. Dash is in mint condition. Just kidding it's cracked up hella bad. Someone put a CD player where the heater stuff went at one point. UHHHHH 4x4 DOES work. Hmmm...
Old 06-06-2017, 05:30 PM

Received 570 Likes on 449 Posts
Originally Posted by bootscootboogie
Also the windshield is cracked in multiple places. And there's an oil leak from where my friend boogered up something he "fixed" on it. If I think of other stuff I'll post it too. As far as the interior goes, the original seat is destroyed, emaciated, etc, but will come with it? If you want? Has a 2WD bench seat in it now. No door panels. Dash is in mint condition. Just kidding it's cracked up hella bad. Someone put a CD player where the heater stuff went at one point. UHHHHH 4x4 DOES work. Hmmm...

Dash is in mint condition.

At least you are completely honest!

Somebody should restore this beauty.

Old 06-06-2017, 05:55 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Im interested in the package deal bro
Old 06-07-2017, 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by flg8r22
Im interested in the package deal bro
I'll call you later dude