Notices
Seller - Buyer Ratings For Members Lets hear it, we want feedback on your transactions, good or bad

MaK92-4RnR

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MaK92-4RnR

Ugh. I hate that I have to do this, but a mod told me I should.

A while back I bought Aisin hubs from the member above to replace my Warns that the PO installed. These were 'freshly rebuilt' as stated in the YT classified ad and I paid $125 shippped. I paid a little extra thinking that they were actually 'freshly rebuilt' for just plug and play.

They were not freshly rebuilt...at all:

First - the spring pawl was broken in one of them. The seller did send me a different one. That said, 'freshly rebuilt' hubs do not have broken internal parts. FWIW - grease was old and very dirty.

Second - the clutch gears were wrong. They were the 2mm thicker versions for the SFA hubs. Thank you Wabbit for figuring that out.

This is where is stood for some time.

When I contacted the seller, he stated that he would take care of it one way or another. Neither of us could find the 2mm thinner clutch gears separately that the IFS hubs have. At one point he stated he would refund my money. Now that its time to do so he's done a disappearing act. No email or PM response in over a month.

I did pay through paypal but too much time may have elapsed. I'll look into a dispute this weekend.

Honestly, it sucks that I have to...well...tattle on a fellow member but hopefully this will serve as a fair warning. The above is not exaggerated and is simply the way it happened. Sad but true.

Summary
* NOT 'freshly rebuilt'
* Helpful in replacing the pawl without trouble
* I thought he was going honor his statement that he would take them back
* Disappeared when it came time to own up
Old 11-29-2012, 05:51 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Never good to hear.

It shouldn't be too hard to find a IFS clutch gear with the proper spline count.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:41 PM

Received 101 Likes on 79 Posts
1) I have been dealing with personal issues. ( work related ) and have not been on Yotatech, or my email to discuss the terms of the return.

2) I was nice enough to even accept or even think about a return since its been roughly 10 months now. You didn't even contact me with an issue until September 11th of this year.

3) The hubs were rebuilt September of 2011 ( another member of Yotatech was present during the rebuild. I have receipts showing the gaskets bought, as well ) They were disassembled, put in a parts cleaner, cleaned thoroughly, regreased, reassembled and painted. I literally had them on the truck for the Pismo Jamboree trip in September of 2011. The sand took the paint off a little bit ( mentioned in the ad https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f109...nto-ca-248876/ ) and this was mentioned at the sale and wasn't an issue. The hubs were pulled after this trip and sat in baggies on a shelf. ( I swapped my ADD hubs back on ) because i was funding my SAS. FWIW, the grease I used was bought at autozone. It comes in a little tub, and the grease is kind of an off black grayish color. This does not mean its dirty.

4) I cannot simply honor a return right now. As I mentioned above. Im dealing with personal issues. The 4Runner was sold, the mustang isnt registered, or insured, the phone is off, the list can go on. I'm sure you get the picture. But im just not in a position right now to fork out the cash. I'm a pretty reputable member on this site and have helped/wheeled with plenty of locals all over California. I'm sure i've proven myself countless times to be a stand up guy. Therefore, i'm sure you can be patient with letting me handle this instead of broadcasting the issue all over Yotatech. Because technically, this issue should've been dealt with months ago. If you had a problem with the hubs, it should've been brought to my attention back in February, March, or at the latest, April. You contacted me about the Paw and I handled it. No questions asked, sent you an extra paw. You brought the Paw issue to me in March. It is not my intention to screw you over but i'm just saying, procrastination never got anything done.

5) Now that everyone is up to speed and knows my "predicament". I have not "disappeared" nor have I failed to "own up" and pay you. So don't get the wrong idea if I dont respond to you right away. I'm well aware of what needs to be done.

Last edited by MaK92-4RnR; 11-29-2012 at 10:47 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:05 PM

Received 216 Likes on 158 Posts
Well I guess I know what will come up if I search your name

Hope all turns out well at work had some major issues at work this year myself and its never good on the noggin. Don't be so angry......bob
Old 11-30-2012, 07:40 AM

We could argue point-by-point until we're blue in the fingers, but I'm not interested in that. Bottom line is that this did not work out for me as a buyer here on YT. There is no hate as we don't know each other and you do have a long and good history with YT, which I checked before I bought.

I am going to part out the hubs and recover what I can. This will probably make some members very happy as the internals cannot be bought new from Toyota any more.

Good luck with your issues and I hope they get straightened out.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:14 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Email me Bob. I'll either fix them for nothing, you ship both ways, or swap you some of the right parts.

:wabbit2:
Old 12-02-2012, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
Email me Bob. I'll either fix them for nothing, you ship both ways, or swap you some of the right parts.

:wabbit2:
Skilly rabbit your are so kind