Notices
Seller - Buyer Ratings For Members Lets hear it, we want feedback on your transactions, good or bad

anyone know hlpressley on the board?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 08:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not the one I was thinking of but yeah, it does seem he has an inside position there. I don't like that they banned you and deleted your post.. I'm a mod of a local club board and we wouldn't automatically ban someone just because he was trying to track someone down to get his winch or money back (unless it was really harsh or vulgar but we would still find out what was going on first). Kinda, well, sleazy to me. Sounds like he was trying to keep it quiet in front of the locals. To give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he did forget or it get stolen or whatever but it is still a shame on him for not keeping you in the loop.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:25 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Use the member feedback area here to warn others of what happened.
Google and other search bots crawl over us here 24/7, and they will pick up on your feedback both there and in this thread.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:00 AM
Contributing Member

thats shady man...what a flake. im willing to bet if you didnt contact him on his other board, he wouldnt have refunded you your money. if you do get dinged with the fees, charge it to him..and if he's a REAL MAN about things and not some charlie wenzel, he'll cough up the fee's n pay it back.

i'd definitely put up a bad seller report on here as well as ttora.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:50 PM
Contributing Member

I'm going out on a limb here and sticking up for Harold. In no way do i think what happened was right but i do believe he is a honest guy.
As most of you know, i bought a brand new Warn 9.5ti winch from Harold (hlpressley) and he shipped it BEFORE i even paid him. How many people/strangers do you know that would do such a thing??

I emailed him and asked about what happened with Sizzle. This is his reply...

I have explained everything to him (SizzleChest) about ten times already. I've done what I thought was right but now I realize that not keeping him informed was wrong and I have apologized multiple times and returned ALL of his money. To be honest with you, that is all I feel like I can do. I made a mistake but I can't do anything more to correct it than I already have. I have returned his money and aplogized and that is it. I am done with all of this and I am quite frankly tired of all the harassing emails and all the people joining our forum just to talk smack about something that is absolutely none of thier concern at all. I returned his money and I am done.
Thanks, Harold
Harold, if you read this, i hope you stay around.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Two questions:

1) Is it true, Sizzle?

2) Now why couldn't Harold just say that himself and end all of it?!?

Bob
Old 01-21-2007, 08:04 PM
Contributing Member

Thanks for the kind words Rocket. I am glad that someone understands that life isn't always perfect and neither are people. When life throws more at us than we can handle we are bound to make some mistakes but in my opinion it is how we react to those mistakes and situations that make us better people in the long run. I have enjoyed my time here on Yotatech but it is time for me to move on after all that has happened. I have met some of the nicest people I have ever met here on this forum and out on the trails but I have alot of things to get lined back up in my life with all that has happened in the last few months. It is going to be tough but with the support of my family and friends and the grace of God I will make it. Nice meeting you all and I wish you all the very best in the future.

Once again, I am truly sorry Sizzle. I hope you can understand and forgive me but if not I guess you will have to live with a grudge. My father always told me "if God can forgive him, why can't you? )

I will not be offended at all if you guys choose to delete or ban my account as it would probably be best for all that is involved including myself. I am moving on and I hope that you all can do the same.
Good Bless, Harold Pressley
Old 01-21-2007, 08:44 PM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Bob_98SR5
Two questions:

1) Is it true, Sizzle?

2) Now why couldn't Harold just say that himself and end all of it?!?

Bob
is what true? everything i have said is true, but i'm not sure what in particular you are referring to.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
sizzle,

is it true what harold said to rocket?

i am not trying to be the arbiter here, but it would be good to see a conclusion between the both of you so you both can move on amicably.

bob
Old 01-21-2007, 08:57 PM
Contributing Member

yes, he has sent me a paypal refund that is pending funds in his account. currently, i do not have the money in my account that was paid to him for the winch by myself. he has appologized and said that he was wrong to not keep me updated. he has given me an explanation as to what has been happening in his life in the last month or so with i am very sympathetic to, but i'm not totally sure if i believe it anymore.

oh, and i was browsing around on paypal's site today and refunds are subject to paypal fees so it looks like i will have no winch and be about out some money as well. exactly how much, i guess i'll have to wait and see.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:00 PM
Contributing Member

As I said beofre if you don't get ALL of your money let me know and I will send you whatever they take. Paypal fees are only charged to the seller not the buyer.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HL - I say Bravo for standing up and making things right. Lesser folks would have disappeared and not reconciled the issue.

I don't know what the extenuating circumstances were and it's none of my business, but it sounds like timely communication could have avoided much of this. Communication is always the key - even bad news is better than no news.

If I were on the receiving end like Sizzle, I doubt I'd have been as calm and understanding.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:39 PM
Contributing Member

still no money...
Old 01-23-2007, 07:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SizzleChest
oh, and i was browsing around on paypal's site today and refunds are subject to paypal fees so it looks like i will have no winch and be about out some money as well. exactly how much, i guess i'll have to wait and see.
fyi...

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...er_id=16777218
Receiving Money - Refunds

Q: Is there a fee to use the PayPal Refund Payment link?

A: No. There is no charge to send a refund using the Refund Payment link.
Does your paypal account still show the status as "Pending"?

still no money...
I don't think you told use when the refund notice was dated, but it can take 3-4 _business_ days for PayPal to get the funds from the seller's bank.

Given that the initial status was "Pending" then that means that Harold didn't have the funds in his PayPal account to cover the refund. PayPal will then pull the funds from the confirmed bank account. That will take time. I know that when I move money in & out of PayPal I figure on 4 days.

If we figure that your post of the 20th was when the refund was posted, that was a Saturday. I wouldn't expect anything to show up in your account until Thursday, which is the 4th business day.

PayPal's words about this are here:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...ge=_home&flow=
Old 01-23-2007, 07:24 PM
Contributing Member

OK, I wasn't aware of the 3-4 business day delay. Yes, the status is still pending.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:56 PM

OK, I wasn't aware of the 3-4 business day delay.
Yeah... it's an issue for PayPal to move money around. It costs them money to do the withdrawal, and it costs them money if they don't have it sitting in your PayPal account.

That sounds a bit weird, lemme explain...

Obviously PayPal makes money off the transaction fees, but they make most of their money by pooling all of the money they're holding for their account holders into a short term note - like a CD. If they move $1 million into a 3 _DAY_ CD at 1%, that's a good bit of cash, but you can see that if they have to cough up $1000 (for example), it will cost them a buck or two. That's generally the cause of the delay getting money out of your PayPal account and into your checking account.

The other side of the coin is that they get hit with fees from their bank to do electronic transfers from their account holder's banks. They do a LOT of business, so the fees are reduced from what you or I would pay, but it still adds up. Generally what they'll do is pool a block of transfer transactions together, then submit them all at once to their bank. That further reduces the fees that they're charged.

It's all part of the game...

Yes, the status is still pending.
Okay, then the delay isn't Harold's fault, this is PayPal waiting on the bank.

Hang in there!
Old 01-27-2007, 07:56 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by midiwall
Hang in there!
how much longer???
Old 01-27-2007, 08:54 PM

how much longer???
Oh... umm... Does it still say "Pending"? Ummm... I hate to say this, but it's time to talk to Harold.

{crap}
Old 01-27-2007, 09:11 PM
Contributing Member

Old 01-27-2007, 09:34 PM

WOW - umm, okay. I can't find that in PayPal's help, but it certainly doesn't sound good.

I'm sorry man...
Old 01-27-2007, 11:44 PM
Banned

this is kind of ridiculous if you ask me. He better post up and let you know what the hell is going on. Hopefully he will have the decency to send you a simple email...instead of having to be tracked down by google.

Quick Reply: anyone know hlpressley on the board?