Trip-Trail Reports & Photos Share trail reports and your digitized photos here

Wattora Tahuya Run pics nov. 13

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you mean this one

i didnt get to see it in action but it looked sweet.
Old 11-14-2004, 10:06 PM

Ya thats the one! It worked great, still have a little work to do. I think Midiwall has pictures of it on the rocks . Scott sorry I missed wheelin with you again, and the whole other group . I was lost by myself for awhile kept making big loops ,Untill I finally found Robs group . Btw I have a IFS diff if you need it .

Last edited by DarylD; 11-14-2004 at 10:07 PM.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:38 AM

Wow it looks like you guys had alot of fun! Wish Crash and I could have gone. Sounds like he had fun on his run this weekend and I guess I saved my detail job but it looks like alot of fun.
Old 11-15-2004, 06:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by KevyWevy
the pics so far are awsome and i can't wait to see some more. it looks like you guys had an amaizing turn out! kudos! mmmmm kudos yummm...
Yeah, I think that the count as we pulled out was 23 trucks!

oh yeah, did everybody make it back up that hill on the way out? i know last year i really had to gun it and barely made it up.
We broke up into 2-3 groups of folks, so I can't speak for everyone, but the group that Shannon and I were in _did_ pass remembrance of you at that point... as we all DROVE up the hill!

any last min. diff breathers this year?
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...11483346HghDVA
Nope! But I had my normal share of "AW CRAP!"'s happening. I had a dead battery in the morning and my piggyback trashed itself again, then I lost a couple of plastic trim pieces, then then as we were leaving at the end of the day, I had the most horrendous shaking going on when braking. I have pics of the cause of the latter... It's quite "amusing"... eeek.

well it looked like it was a fun secessfull trip and i hope everybody had fun while was sitting at work on my ass being bored and blowing my knose every 2 mins.
hoooooooooonnnnnnnnnkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!

I'll have pics up later today... Then I should get Shannon's in a couple of days.

It was a great day!
Old 11-15-2004, 07:23 AM

Indeed a fun trip.

There was a lot of new faces and some that haven't been out in awhile, good to see all of them.

As far as I know nobody broke anything but there was some body damage.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:39 AM

We broke up into 2-3 groups of folks, so I can't speak for everyone, but the group that Shannon and I were in _did_ pass remembrance of you at that point... as we all DROVE up the hill!
hey now!!!! i made it up that hill perfectly fine!!!! if i remember correctly, you guys were standing at the top thinking you were gonna have to winch me up and i almost ran you over!!! Rickey couldn't get up the hill and i think that jeep couldn't get up either.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:59 AM
Contributing Member

As far as carnage is concerned, I know both Mike and myself sheared off the grease fittings on our drive shafts when going through the mogul section of the back 40. The gas tank skid clipped them right off. It was really strange, since I'd never had any issues before, though I'd heard of it happening. I think it may have had to do with me running alot lighter in back this trip without the cargo box. I also came close to ripping the left rear fender flare off when coming up the far left hill climb- I think Mark got his hung up there as well?
Old 11-15-2004, 09:00 AM

Ben had some body damage. Funny thing is, it happened with in 5 mins, he couldnt make it up one hill climb with a stump in it, then backed down and nailed the stump, and his bump wrinkled his fender, then he went up and turned around? or something and came back down and goes, hey cody check out the new body damage. Theres pics of it In the link i posted. Good driving Ben!
Old 11-15-2004, 09:02 AM

That hill climb is where mark did his custom body work, I think only part of his flare got ripped off, But it looked like he had it snapped back on when we were leaving.
Old 11-15-2004, 09:15 AM

it was great times. It was my first time doing a REAL trail. I was surprised that my rig did quite well for being completly stock. Hillclimbs were fun cuz I actually made it. I kept on bugging Cody for intalling OME springs =) hope you werent annoyed. So many people showed up and it was a sight to remember for a long time. I never saw Rob after we all took off, I sorta wanted to see him tackle that big mud hole. I will post my portion of pics tonight. It was funtimes

Last edited by 2001Millrunner; 11-15-2004 at 10:51 AM.
Old 11-15-2004, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by snwbrdpunk16
Theres pics of it In the link i posted. Good driving Ben!
Can't see the pics in your link.
Old 11-15-2004, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by GRNTACO
Can't see the pics in your link.
You're just being lazy and not looking hard enough

Old 11-15-2004, 10:30 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 2001Millrunner
I never saw Rob after we all took off, I sorta wanted to see him tackle that big mud hole.
I had a core group of people I hung out with for most of the day and we picked up more along the way as well as losing some. A typical day at Tahuya

We arrived at "Mud Lake", as the locals were calling it, to find a bunch of rigs that were not with us standing around and daring each other to cross it. Since I already knew how deep that one was, I just charged in, blasted back and forth across it in every direction, then we headed out. We dropped in on the big mud area in the back, but as usual, it was surrounded by a big group of mouth breathers. We were anxious to get down the Riff-Raff trail at that point and hit the rock gardens in the Back 40, so we didn't play in the mud much.

I was bummed that I crossed paths with so few people, other than the group I was with. We could hear folks off in the distance on the CB, but I guess we going in opposite directions.
Old 11-15-2004, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by WATRD
I had a core group of people I hung out with for most of the day and we picked up more along the way as well as losing some. A typical day at Tahuya

We arrived at "Mud Lake", as the locals were calling it, to find a bunch of rigs that were not with us standing around and daring each other to cross it. Since I already knew how deep that one was, I just charged in, blasted back and forth across it in every direction, then we headed out. We dropped in on the big mud area in the back, but as usual, it was surrounded by a big group of mouth breathers. We were anxious to get down the Riff-Raff trail at that point and hit the rock gardens in the Back 40, so we didn't play in the mud much.

I was bummed that I crossed paths with so few people, other than the group I was with. We could hear folks off in the distance on the CB, but I guess we going in opposite directions.
I wanted to see that........dang i missed out. It was fun watching that jeep get stuck tho. Before all that they're were all saying "...blah blah..*laughing* I know we're surrounded by yoters" well they gave us something to laugh at shortly after, yoters are NOT stupid enough to go where they can't I was surprised at how ignorant Jeepers can get, it's all about the $$thing, not a jeep thing.

Last edited by 2001Millrunner; 11-15-2004 at 10:45 AM.
Old 11-15-2004, 10:57 AM
Contributing Member

My damage list;

One dent, just behind the latch of the drivers door, below the extended cab window.
AC idler pulley is full of mud and screaming like a little girl.
Right, rear tire has some gack in the bead and needs to be reseated.
Drivers side axle seal on the D44 is leaking like a sieve.
Steering wheel leans to the left from the springs stretching.
Mud and slime all over the under carriage.
Old 11-15-2004, 01:08 PM

Those jeep dudes were makin fun of us? Psh whatever floats their boat.
Old 11-15-2004, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by snwbrdpunk16
Those jeep dudes were makin fun of us? Psh whatever floats their boat.
It's not fair to say "those jeep dudes" because I know and have wheeled with some decent jeep dudes. I would say, those 'necks where trying to make fun of us.

From the pictures I've seen, whatever sinks their boat.....

Last edited by GRNTACO; 11-15-2004 at 01:34 PM.
Old 11-15-2004, 01:49 PM

Good call ben!
Old 11-15-2004, 02:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My first batch of pics are up!

http://www.midiwall.com/4Runner/dirt...13_Tahuya.html

They're all basically pics from The Rocks, and include Rob, Daryl, Rome and Greg.

I'll be getting Shannon's online in the next couple of days. HiRez copies of all these are available, drop me a line on how to get them...
Old 11-15-2004, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by GRNTACO
It's not fair to say "those jeep dudes" because I know and have wheeled with some decent jeep dudes. I would say, those 'necks where trying to make fun of us.

From the pictures I've seen, whatever sinks their boat.....

kinda like the necks we ran across out there in mar/april of this year.... that red pathfinder and the green jeep

Quick Reply: Wattora Tahuya Run pics nov. 13