Trip-Trail Reports & Photos Share trail reports and your digitized photos here

Reiter Trails 2/14/09 (LOTS of pics!!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reiter Trails 2/14/09 (LOTS of pics!!!!)

Wow, what a day... well, it was Dean (SR5), Alex (algranger), Josh (DeathCougar) and myself who met up at 10am in Gold Bar. We headed up to the trails and got our rigs ready.. aired down, checked oil, etc. and checked to see if anyone else showed up. After a good 20 minutes we were ready to head out. We headed into the main pit and messed around in the lower level on some really open trails with a bit of mud. After a bit of that we all turned around and headed back while Dean and Alex practiced their flexing.

After messing around and taking a few pictures we started to head up to what I think was.. Index wall trail? Easy enough trail with lots of rocks until we got up to this old mine shaft. Ended up stopping for a few minutes at the mine shaft and then we decided to start heading up.. the beginning of the trail was a bit rocky so Dean was asking if he think I would be ok and I said I should be fine, so we head up....

Everything is fine until.........

DEAN FLIPS HIS RIG!!! Ended up stopping where I was and running up with my girlfriend to see if he is ok. Once we establish he's alright (thankfully), we talk of different ways to get him out. After about 45 minutes of brainstorming a bunch of ATVers head up and I go down to ask for their help. They come walking up and helping us figure how to get him out. Some ridiculous things were said but we gave something a try and.. SUCCESS!!!

Ouch!

After Josh gets him upright with his winch, they keep him supported with it while Alex pulls him straight back to keep him from flopping over again.

After all this, the ATVers leave and we all get back down to the mine shaft again where there is more room and is also level so Dean can check his fluids.

Figure I'll throw an extra shot of my rig in there.

About the time we get Dean back up and get back down to the mine shaft, my friend Trevor shows up to try and help out. They ended up pulling out his plugs and checking his fluids so after getting the oil out of his cylinders we get everything buttoned up and fill up his fluids for another success; she starts!

Burning off oil for quite some time.

So we start heading down again.. (about 2 hours later)

We hit up the mud pits at the bottom of the lower level and then hit a small trail, after sitting around awhile we decide to head out until Alex gets stuck and Josh has to winch him out as well. (Guess I'm gonna have to get a new bumper and winch next!!! Haha) About this time it is about dark and getting colder, so we line up for a few last pics..

Overall, I have to say it was a great day (for me) and I had a lot of fun and learned a few new things. It was great meeting all you guys and I hope we can do this again. If I left anything out or messed something up, let me know guys and I can fix it or whatever.

Hope you enjoyed!!!!

Last edited by sexasomniac; 02-14-2009 at 08:31 PM.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:19 PM

reiter

I really wanted to be there to day. Im new to yotatech and nw toyota's. I read about the run last night and was set to go until I talked to the woman. I almost forgot it was valintines day and we had dinner res. Im planin to make a trip out there real soon, hopefully will hook up on the next run
Old 02-14-2009, 08:21 PM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
Deans 4Runner was exactly 180 degrees on its roof. Those tires were STRAIGHT VERTICAL in the air!

I must say, the winch was the single best modification I have ever made. If anyone on YT reading this takes anything from this, its that a winch, and the proper recovery gear can mean the difference between get out and home, and leave your rig to the wolves.

Had we left and comeback the next day, that truck would likely have been burned to the ground. What you cannot see, is the winch line and how we had to flip her back over. From my winch, we went up to a tree strap wrapped around a stump, through a snatch block, and back down to Deans 4Runner. Wrapping around the "B" pillar and doors proved to be the best winch point. We managed to get it winched back over with only a little more damage and a broken taillight.

Btw, thats a terrible picture of me lol
Old 02-14-2009, 08:22 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Great pics and details.
What are the plans for Deans rig now?

Josh, good thing you had your winch.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:23 PM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Dang, nice roll over would've liked to see how he ended grease side up. Other than that looks fun.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:25 PM

Dean was talking about chopping the back windows off, I'll let him fill in some more details though.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:33 PM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Corey
Great pics and details.
What are the plans for Deans rig now?

Josh, good thing you had your winch.
corey-

That winch has saved my behind more than one time. I think its about time to yank it out and rebuild it, she won't spool out anymore and tends to kill the battery.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i know it saved me today
Old 02-14-2009, 09:36 PM
SR5

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
ya as of know the truck is going to become a trail rig, and i might have some plans for a back chop planned, other then that, not sure
Old 02-14-2009, 09:47 PM

Snapped a few cell pics

Me stuck in the mud

Uh.. think yer burnin some oil

Right after recovery
Old 02-14-2009, 09:59 PM
Contributing Member

Received 181 Likes on 126 Posts
Thank goodness everybody was ok!!! I wish I could have met up, but it was Valentines...

Al, were you stuck in the mud or a lake? LOL!!
Old 02-14-2009, 10:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WOW glad Dean is ok, too bad for his rig, looked like it used to be a clean 4runner.

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun in the mud!

Hey alex since you have that yota insured now let me know when you want wheel Elbe
Old 02-14-2009, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Plumbrbob
WOW glad Dean is ok, too bad for his rig, looked like it used to be a clean 4runner.

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun in the mud!

Hey alex since you have that yota insured now let me know when you want wheel Elbe
yeah we had fun, i really have to get brake lines and front shocks before i wheel again haha! shouldnt be too long though, i'd love to hit elbe
tires would be beneficial too
Old 02-14-2009, 11:22 PM

Received 120 Likes on 59 Posts
Nice pics guys, sucks dean rolled his rig, I know how it feels...Like everyone else said at least everyone is ok. And I thought it was me on the phone with alex, but guess it was someone else...
Old 02-15-2009, 08:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow !! Looks like you all had a blast Glad to see everyone is ok after the roll over.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:00 AM

Dude that sucks.

Looks like it was fun minus the rollover part. Glad nobody was hurt though.
wish i was there. We just spent about all day digging out of the snow where we were.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by scuba
Nice pics guys, sucks dean rolled his rig, I know how it feels...Like everyone else said at least everyone is ok. And I thought it was me on the phone with alex, but guess it was someone else...
Maybe it was you... you called RIGHT when the tires hit the ground

Btw, you posted that^ in the wrong thread
Old 02-15-2009, 10:37 AM
Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
time for a sawzall!!!!!
Old 02-15-2009, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Tofer
time for a sawzall!!!!!
Time for you to fix yer damn runner!
Old 02-15-2009, 12:45 PM

Received 120 Likes on 59 Posts
Whatever al.

Quick Reply: Reiter Trails 2/14/09 (LOTS of pics!!!!)