Trip-Trail Reports & Photos Share trail reports and your digitized photos here

Rausch Creek June 26, 2010

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 07:43 PM

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts
a few videos of Red Jeep, Yotaluver and Zeb taking on a hill climb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uxtvVawhCs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMqZQW_5_9s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHl5lpxRW6U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB8vpqsVudA
Old 06-27-2010, 07:47 PM
Contributing Member

Received 181 Likes on 126 Posts
cool!!!
Old 06-27-2010, 08:04 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
VERY COOL, loving the pics and vid's!
Old 06-28-2010, 01:41 AM
YotaTech Milestone-Two Millionth Post

Received 122 Likes on 57 Posts
nice pics and vids XXXTREME
Old 06-28-2010, 04:05 AM

OK now onto day two for myself and Joecan.

First thing in the morning Joecan had a starter issue that had to be looked at, as all he had was click, click, click. After about an hour of troubleshooting and popping the clutch to start, I had narrowed the problem down to the wire connector on the starter. Another one of those quick and dirty trail fixes (squeeze down the connector to fit tighter and wrap with electrical tape), Joecan got it started and we were off. We were about 45 minutes late to the trail cutting party, but the park was nice enough to allow us to meet up with them.

Object was to widen some new trails that had been cut on their newest property. The guy cutting is the guy we wheeled with after we were done around 1pm or so.

I didn't take alot of photos on day 2, but here are a few

The killer jeep we wheeled with. You can see in the bottom of the photo, where another trial fix had to be done to my poor POS bumper. After taking a deep bowl obstacle the bumper finally decided to completely let go from the mounts. You see it now strapped onto my flatbed.

Ryanc spotting for Joecan

More carnage. Joecan wound up smacking that tree behind him. Similar to what Zeb did on Saturday. Joecan had to get winched up with by the jeep.

This is the bypass to what joecan just got stuck in.
My view from the truck

And another view giving perspective from the ground

Somehow I made it, not sure if Joecan has he pics though. Not too long into that trail I decided to back out since the trail was not officially on any map and had no clue as to where it went, or what the other obstacles were there.

After that, we headed to Mud Pit and mud pit jr. Again since I didn't have that backup alternator, I decided to sit it out and let Joecan and the jeep have some fun.

Last edited by xxxtreme22r; 06-28-2010 at 04:16 AM.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:16 AM

This is the hill I could not make it up the first time I was there. You can see in the second photo, while the jeep was going up on the left Joecan decided to go up the "unpaved" section on the right of where the Jeep was going up. For some reason, Joecan went up in 2wd and about 3/4 of the way up stalled and slid backwards down about 100 ft. While somehow averted major disaster when his truck got sideways and dang near rolled. I would say another 2-3 feet of sliding he would have rolled all the way back down several times. This is why I said earlier, I don't like big hills.

At the end of the day

Joecan

And me in 2 pieces

That's it for me. Anxiously awaiting more photos and videos from the other guys.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:21 AM

let me just say one more time, what a treat it was to meet all you guys.

kinda wish i would have stayed on the trail longer but the risk, for me, was not worth it. my damage was minimal.....exhaust broke....and maybe it's not driving as straight as it did on the way down.....

my hat is off to the rest of the group.....you guys proved the mojo of your vehicles.....in retrospect i probably would have been happy just to sit around as B-S with all of you.

XXXTREME....i can't believe your truck made it through all that.....that is truly amazing.....your truck and my truck were the only ones with stock height / tires.

RED JEEP proved to be a worthy vehicle as well...although i didn't see it in person, the video and the pics kinda prove it.

to everyone that doubts or is even wondering about the condition of those trails, let me tell you, they are pretty much brutal......not to take anything away from the park itself but holy hell, to say a stock vehicle could make it around no problem is a little deceiving.

was definitely a nice day out with my son, something i don't really ever get to do is spend time alone with each son, we are usually all together. Joe understood my rationale for bailing and did not disagree one bit....waiting for the rest of the group to emerge for an addition 5 1/2hrs......eh.....was kinda boring etc.....but we got to talk with alot of people including the aforementioned BEATERTOYOTA and the guy that flipped the 1st gen 4runner.......nothing like walking up to complete strangers and feeling like you've known them forever.

cool stuff
Old 06-28-2010, 04:25 AM

XXXTREME.....i have stock bumper mounts in my garage if you need them
Old 06-28-2010, 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by 92 TOY
XXXTREME.....i have stock bumper mounts in my garage if you need them
will keep that in mind. I am gonna shop around and see if I can't find a bumper I like that will somewhat look good with the flatbed while keeping it high enough not to rip off again.

I like the one the trail guide had on his. I should have asked him which one it was.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:35 AM

looked home made to me
Old 06-28-2010, 04:38 AM

kinda resembles MOUTAINCOP's rectangular piece in the middle of the photo with some end caps and 2 shackles....kinda exactly what i want too........let me know.......we could double up on the necessary ingredients and do 2 at the same time.

see pic

Old 06-28-2010, 04:40 AM

this is the only pic i have

Old 06-28-2010, 04:41 AM

boy...we were a motley looking group weren't we?
Old 06-28-2010, 04:42 AM

hmmm yup. Looks easy enough, but got to figure out how to do it without a welder. lol.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by xxxtreme22r
hmmm yup. Looks easy enough, but got to figure out how to do it without a welder. lol.

hahahaha...lemme know what ya figure out on that one...LOL
Old 06-28-2010, 05:44 AM

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Looks like you guys had a blast.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:16 AM
bk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xxxtreme22r
Another photo of that South American 4Door Hilux. This was originally a diesel but now has the 4.3 and SAS. He was in the middle of putting in longer front shackles when I took this photo.
I had a great time at the EC4RJ...great to see Allen, John Smith, the polish boys, along with Beater Toyota for the first time....

a little bit about my truck - it is a '90 but it is a factory solid axle from the factory...not a SAS.

it did great on its maiden voyage...except it was hot without A/C

bk
Old 06-28-2010, 06:21 AM

oh man, sorry, I didn't realize it was factory SA. that's awesome. I so want one of those. Almost too pristine to wheel though. Props to you for doing so. How did those shackles work out. I didn't get the chance to see your finished work. Awesome idea on that bottle jack by the way.

Last edited by xxxtreme22r; 06-28-2010 at 06:28 AM.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:32 AM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Let me tell ya it was great to meet you all!!! Good group of folks here. I'll have pic's up later tonight, just haven't had time yet.

Just so you all know...I'm looking into the pickup tonight, I have a good idea as to what happened. I've already contacted Ted and got pricing on a Gasket Kit and a new Pro Series head. So with that You all should know that the HG went out on me again only 20k on this one. I did the HG last Jan/Feb...What I think happened is that the P/O overheated it and warped the head. That's why if failed on me the first time. Never had the head checked so now I'm just replacing it.

So we were 50 miles from home and she started missing, pulled from the stop light and huge white smoke cloud. I said "Noooooooo". Just couldn't believe it. So we limped back home, 50 miles and 4 gallons of water, unpacked the truck, repacked the Jeep, and off we went.

4Runner I don't trust so much to go that far, I don't think the trans would make it. The front end is way out as well so it would have torn the heck out of the tires.

So me without my ride we (Tim, Christine, and I) piled into a Jeep for the weekend. We did have a great time despite all that went array. I'll get into the cabin story after I get my pic's uploaded. That was another story all together.

All in all we had a great weekend Thank you all for coming!!!

Old 06-28-2010, 08:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I sounds like everyone had a great time. I know Blaise and I did. He was bummed when I told him we were on the last trail of the day.The pics/vids are great. Can't wait to show the boy.

Wished I could have done some more spotting for you all, but with Blaise it was a little harder to do than I had expected.

My bumper is a cheap and easy home brew. I think I had around $100.00 in materials.

It was nice meeting you all. If any of you need someone to wheel with at RC in the future let me know. I wouldn't mind exploring some blues. Your guide. - Josh

Quick Reply: Rausch Creek June 26, 2010