Trip-Trail Reports & Photos Share trail reports and your digitized photos here

Mineral Wells - June 12, 2005

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 01:05 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chris, I nominate you official photographer! You take some awsome pictures!
You going to the meeting Thursday??? I'll burn you a disc of what I have!
Old 06-13-2005, 01:13 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by r0cky
great pictures Chris and Mike!! i guess i must have missed when he started running down trees? that's sort of funny, since the dogs that came with them liked attacking those bush trees too ... hmmmmm ...
I don't know how I felt about the tree issue with "tread Lightly" and all. The truck was a beast. I didn't think the tree needed to be run over to prove it. even still the thing was massive.. it was even impressive sitting on the trailer.

Now the dawg was friggen hilarious. He would say "get the jeep" and the blue healer would attack the jeeps tires, biting and barking with vigor! Should have named the dawg "Yota"

Last edited by shiftless89; 06-13-2005 at 01:14 PM.
Old 06-13-2005, 02:00 PM
Contributing Member

I suppose I agree about the tree killer, I was just too impressed by it all.
Yea that dog was hilarious!
Old 06-13-2005, 02:07 PM
Contributing Member

So far, I'm in on thurs. I will burn my full size pics for you guys, who wants em?
1 Mike
2 Tracy
Old 06-13-2005, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by getitdone
So far, I'm in on thurs. I will burn my full size pics for you guys, who wants em?
1 Mike
2 Tracy

Chris if you can make an extra copy and bring it on thurs. that would be great thanks, Jacque
Old 06-13-2005, 03:20 PM
Banned

Did you guys notice that all of us, when we went through that one mudbath, ended up with mud mostly on the driver's side of the front? Look at the pictures of some of our rigs after the mudbath ... mud is covering all of our driver's side signal lenses, but nothing on the passenger side ... I just thought it was funny.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:32 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Did you guys notice that all of us, when we went through that one mudbath, ended up with mud mostly on the driver's side of the front? Look at the pictures of some of our rigs after the mudbath ... mud is covering all of our driver's side signal lenses, but nothing on the passenger side ... I just thought it was funny.
I sure did. It took a long time to get it all clean. I spent a couple of bucks just cleaning up the wash bay when I was done. I think we all can say it was well worth it. I had a great time, but lockers are a must. I hope to have atleast the rear locked before the next run.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:43 PM
Banned

I spent four hours trying to wash all the mud of from the underside ... this time at least the mud didn't cook into my paint and scar it!

Phil, I love your 4Runner!! What amount/kind of lift are you running?
Old 06-13-2005, 04:07 PM

Hi everybody. I had a great time at Mineral Wells, no body damage on this run! Woo Hoo!

I am growing accostomed to the sound of my skid plate and cross member bouncing on rocks. I also rubbed on the way over the little ledge.

That mud did not want to come off.

Matt
Old 06-13-2005, 04:17 PM
Banned

Matt!! I'm so glad we meet you on this trip, and that you found your way to yotatech too!
Old 06-13-2005, 05:04 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

I spent four hours trying to wash all the mud of from the underside ... this time at least the mud didn't cook into my paint and scar it!

Phil, I love your 4Runner!! What amount/kind of lift are you running?
I appreciate the kind words. I really like your Gen 4. I was amazed how well you did without lockers. Your pictures are great. Thanks.....

I am running OME Shocks And Heavy Duty rear springs, SDORI BJ spacers, SW T-bars, Downey Drop down Pan Hard bracket, Downey lower control arm Truss bar, 33x12.50 ProComps X-terrains on 10" chrome Rock Crawlers. ARB bumper. Overall about 4-5" total lift. Next Warn Winch, ARB Lockers/gears, Rear bumper with tire carrier, and downsize the to 8" wheels. Just need some more $$$ and time to do it. It was real great getting to meet you and the others from Yota Tech. Look forward to more trips together.
Old 06-13-2005, 05:10 PM
Banned

Yeah, Phil, I do still plan eventually on getting some OME shocks/springs in the rear. The rest of it ... wow, it just looked so nice and performed so well!! I have 4-5" total lift as well ... my tires are only 32.4" ... and my skid plates are crap ... yours is definitely inspirational as far as what else I want/need to do on mine.

And hey, I was just as surprised/impressed as you were about how mine did without lockers ...

Hopefully we'll all get to get together a few more times this summer!
Old 06-13-2005, 05:12 PM
Contributing Member

Guys and gals, I wish I could have made it...looks like y'all had a blast!

I will definitely be there for the next one. Many of the rigs were stock or close to stock. Mine is, pretty much, but with some rear OME coils giving about 1 1/2 inches up, nothing in the front...other misc things like OME steering stabilizer, Gabriel garden variety shocks, etc. The wheels/tires I got from Jacque last year. Would I have any trouble with some of the runs? I'm a n00b...but do you think my rig would perform out there?

It's such a bummer that I couldn't make it...any plans for the next one? Cuz I'm so in for that one!
Old 06-13-2005, 05:16 PM
Banned

I think you'd have done just fine ... Chris has a stock 1st gen ... and he did great ... so I'm sure you'd have done just fine. Also, Matt had a stock Tacoma and kicked butt too. I have 4-5 inches of suspension lift and 1.25" of body lift ... I still wish I had more, but the main thing that helped was the added clearance and the MTRs. Then again, Chris did just fine with his stock tires ... !
Old 06-13-2005, 05:52 PM

Nice to meet you to Tracy. Chris I want your front axle! Good to see Mike and Phil again... See you thursday at Pappas?

I just fished out a pebble that was stuck between the front driver brake rotor and the sheet metal guard thing. (you can tell I am not a mechanic and dont know what it is called.)

It was making an evil squealing noise.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:45 PM
Contributing Member

Did anybody notice how hard that mud dried? I could hardly unlock my hubs with it on.

Mineral Wells is a cool place. I went everywhere that everyone else went except for two spots that I can remember. It was all really fun. I want to go again on thurs(next day off) but I probably won't get to.

I'll try to make thursday night though.

That's three cd's with gumbo.
Anybody else?
Old 06-14-2005, 04:15 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Cedarbarn
Nice to meet you to Tracy. Chris I want your front axle! Good to see Mike and Phil again... See you thursday at Pappas?

I just fished out a pebble that was stuck between the front driver brake rotor and the sheet metal guard thing. (you can tell I am not a mechanic and dont know what it is called.)

It was making an evil squealing noise.
You're welcome
Old 06-14-2005, 04:45 AM

You were right Chris, that rock was exactly where you said it would be.

Last edited by Cedarbarn; 06-14-2005 at 04:47 AM.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:58 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by getitdone
1 Mike
2 Tracy
3 Phil (Strap22)
Old 06-14-2005, 05:11 AM

Well,,,,,,,,,,,

Looks like all of ya had a great time , sorry I missed it, but had to head to San Antonio......... Keep me in the loop on your next adventure, and I am going to try and make Thursday night at Papa's............
Most of ya don't know me , but that can be remedied.
BigKen

Quick Reply: Mineral Wells - June 12, 2005