Trip-Trail Reports & Photos Share trail reports and your digitized photos here

Forest Hill, California. Part #2

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
huh ill have to check those out.

haha thats crazy ive heard truckers go deaf in their old age because of the sound from the trucks bouncing off the center dividers and such, and your rig is probably 5x louder!
Old 01-11-2010, 10:28 PM

Received 101 Likes on 79 Posts
lmao deaf? no way...! my windows are always up, and its only like that when I roll my windows down lol. Im actually about to make it quieter... gonna finish up my exhaust and get the stock cat fitted on there... lol that'll restrict it a little bit

yeah dude, check those lockers out. they're definitely worth it. i read some reviews from here on yotatech. everyone says they're very daily driver friendly. so that appealed to me for sure.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:38 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
a winch is the ultimate locker, lol
Old 01-11-2010, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by dark_fairytales
a winch is the ultimate locker, lol
wanna buy me one? hahah
Old 01-11-2010, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by MaK92-4RnR
lmao deaf? no way...! my windows are always up, and its only like that when I roll my windows down lol. Im actually about to make it quieter... gonna finish up my exhaust and get the stock cat fitted on there... lol that'll restrict it a little bit

yeah dude, check those lockers out. they're definitely worth it. i read some reviews from here on yotatech. everyone says they're very daily driver friendly. so that appealed to me for sure.
yeah thats what i heard. but im not suprised they do that their whole life. lol im just the opposite i have my window down all the time, never ever use the a/c. i love fresh air all the time

screw ARB if its gonna cost over 2 grand for both front and rear lockers!
Old 01-11-2010, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by stockwell45
yeah thats what i heard. but im not suprised they do that their whole life. lol im just the opposite i have my window down all the time, never ever use the a/c. i love fresh air all the time

screw ARB if its gonna cost over 2 grand for both front and rear lockers!
lol yeah 2 grand for lockers? i'll pass. I'd rather spend 530 bucks and put the other 1470 somewhere else. finish up my front bumper build haha. or buy a roof rack... i need one hella bad :/
Old 01-11-2010, 11:07 PM

yeah same here i think a rack is next to come for me, or a shotgun cant decide.

i like how were texting eachother and talking on this at the same time lol
Old 01-12-2010, 12:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
awesome videos mike looked like nice cruise through the bush, with mild wheeling, and a wicked sounding 4runner heh. i really wanna come down there now after these videos haha it reminds me of norther B.C. near my cabin i would be plowing through everything with my dick cepeks haha. man i need to find out when my next break from school is and come down there for a weekend or so? idk how long i could stay down there for? lol. or if i would make it without any cops giving me a hard time because i have no mud flaps or rear bumper? i have never traveled outside of the country without my parents and it would be weird driving down alone haha. dude i might buy an aussie btw hehe i have been thinking about if i sell a couple things and lock my rear?

keep making videos dude there awesome
Old 01-12-2010, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by stockwell45
yeah same here i think a rack is next to come for me, or a shotgun cant decide.

i like how were texting eachother and talking on this at the same time lol
yeah I want a rack so I can put another spare up there and mount my shovel and axe up there. I might keep the hi lift jack on the front lol

hahaha yeah, I do that with 91 toyota 4x4 all the time. 3 different conversations going on constantly.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by 91_TOYOTA_4x4
awesome videos mike looked like nice cruise through the bush, with mild wheeling, and a wicked sounding 4runner heh. i really wanna come down there now after these videos haha it reminds me of norther B.C. near my cabin i would be plowing through everything with my dick cepeks haha. man i need to find out when my next break from school is and come down there for a weekend or so? idk how long i could stay down there for? lol. or if i would make it without any cops giving me a hard time because i have no mud flaps or rear bumper? i have never traveled outside of the country without my parents and it would be weird driving down alone haha. dude i might buy an aussie btw hehe i have been thinking about if i sell a couple things and lock my rear?

keep making videos dude there awesome
why would cops give you a hard time for having no flaps? its a law here in california, but i've never been pulled over for it.

haha what made you decide to do the aussie?
Old 01-12-2010, 07:49 AM

haha dude everytime my dad drives down in the states cops give him a hard time and i swear its because we are canadian's . cop see's me as an easy target but i dont care really lol i will still come down

well im not sas'ong too soon so i figured with my 31"s id give it a shot haha and i will buy a detroit once i sas and get 36"s hehe
Old 01-12-2010, 07:55 AM

lol I ran no mud flaps for like 6 months... maybe washington and oregon is a different situation. I know nevada will nail you. but mud flaps are pretty lame around here. it really depends on what you wanna do. I like the look of the mud flaps better on my truck.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:08 AM

haha i took my mud flaps off right away lol they were ugly and i only had rear ones, looks way better and nobody up here gives me problems i dont even have a rear bumper lol. but i know some states would nail me and it doesnt help when the cop see's a young guy in a 4x4 with no bumper or mudflaps lol
Old 01-12-2010, 08:11 AM

i had no rear bumper or mudflaps for a little while lol. then i had my rear bumper bent back... I need to take it off and repaint it :/ lol
Old 01-12-2010, 08:15 AM

lol yeah i like your bumper black but did you just paint over the chrome? or did u sand off the chrome? i dont even know if my truck ever had a bumper because my friends says some trucks came with no visible bumper so... idk i like it without a bumper anyways lol.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:24 AM

lol im pretty sure they all came with bumpers. and yeah, I sanded the chrome off. my original bumper was dented, so I ordered a new one, and kept my original side panels. sanded all the chrome off, scuffed it up. and painted it flat black...
Old 01-12-2010, 08:36 AM

yeah i thought my truck used to have a bumper but idk lol. oyah i was like u better have scuffed that chrome off haha. u need a cool new matching rear bumper and some rock sliders now look so beast with 33"s
Old 01-12-2010, 08:42 AM

yeah I'll never do a body lift now so i'll probably do sliders soon ish. I want the ones with the kick out. haha wont my truck look kinda retarded being stock height and fully armored with 33s? lmao
Old 01-12-2010, 08:45 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
my tires stick out 3" on both sides, im running 35" M/T's on real beadlocks. I have been all over WA,OR,NV and CA. No one has nailed me for no mud flaps or anything related to my tires and rims.

I would not worry about it, plus its only a fix-it ticket
Old 01-12-2010, 08:49 AM

yeah... no biggie. I wanna get some beadlock rims :/ I'd love to have on board air and be able to air up and down whenever.

Quick Reply: Forest Hill, California. Part #2