Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 08:39 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that lineup picture is sweet
Old 03-02-2009, 08:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by natrensland
ya i know there a little cheap but mine has a really soft ride, not much travel at all though cant flex the best now yours looks great! ya that would be great if you could throw on a bead
Dont get me wrong i get it i ran 4 differnet setups before trail gear so I know its gotta get you by for now until more money is available and lift and flex suspension wont get you down the trail anyways lockers, armor, tires is where it is at
Old 03-02-2009, 08:44 AM

lift kit

the nex lift kit i get its going to be superlift kit

http://www.superlift.com/Catalog.asp?P=K741&V=292
Old 03-02-2009, 09:30 AM

the nex lift kit i get its going to be superlift kit

http://www.superlift.com/Catalog.asp?P=K741&V=292
1,675.54 = ship ? for 7" thats pretty tall man

I am running 4" springs on 6" shackles and thats is good enough I am up 5.5

Dude a Trail Gear classic front and rear lift kit would be $1598.00 + free ship and it comes 12" shocks and hoops, hy steer, axle rebuild kits, dif and axle armor, brake lines, pretty much everything except the IFS gear box.
The super lift want you to use the original push pull steering with a adjustable drag link and they also want to charge you for all the extras that TG is includes
Tofer is a local dealer too in Tacoma he can hook you up
Old 03-02-2009, 09:35 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh hell man dont get a superlift. You would be way better off running rob's setup.
PM Tofer he's a way nice guy like Rob said he'll hook you up
https://www.yotatech.com/members/6172.html
Old 03-02-2009, 09:54 AM

gumbos

IM GONA HAVE TO TAKE THE GUMBOS OFF FOR NOW, I JUST ABOUT GOT INTO A WRECK WENT TO GO AROUND A CORNER AND ENDED UP IN THE OTHER LANE OF TRAFFIC .... I GOT A SET OF 35" BFG MUDD TERAINS THAT WORK
Old 03-02-2009, 09:55 AM

hey im savin up for a 5.5" trail gear lift for my runner. I went to Billy Bob's Offroad and they quoted me $1600 for the kit can Tofer get me a better deal?
Old 03-02-2009, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by yodercrawler55
hey im savin up for a 5.5" trail gear lift for my runner. I went to Billy Bob's Offroad and they quoted me $1600 for the kit can Tofer get me a better deal?
i dont know PM him? https://www.yotatech.com/members/6172.html

hey did I see you at evans ? i swear I saw your rig
Old 03-02-2009, 10:00 AM

IM GONA HAVE TO TAKE THE GUMBOS OFF FOR NOW, I JUST ABOUT GOT INTO A WRECK WENT TO GO AROUND A CORNER AND ENDED UP IN THE OTHER LANE OF TRAFFIC .... I GOT A SET OF 35" BFG MUDD TERAINS THAT WORK
Why did it swerve are they not balanced?
Old 03-02-2009, 10:01 AM

i got to the lower parking lot around 10:30 and we ran into a whole bunch of other yotas parked there, i was with a wrangler, toyota pu, ford and chevy
Old 03-02-2009, 10:03 AM

Couldnt turn sharp enofe need wheel spacers there just to wide i think
Old 03-02-2009, 10:32 AM
Contributing Member

Received 181 Likes on 126 Posts
Originally Posted by Plumbrbob
... I can clear my 36's now with my massive pinch weld & fender trimming and my high rear wheel well gets filled at full stuff. Though my Trail gear springs give me a lot of flex and move ment...
Man, I'm screwed if I roll out with ya'll!!! I got stiff ars superlift springs in the back and only a truetrac. I'm thinking about siping my 35" claws 'cause they're a handfull on snow/ice packed roads. May be good in deep snow though?
Old 03-02-2009, 03:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by yodercrawler55
i got to the lower parking lot around 10:30 and we ran into a whole bunch of other yotas parked there, i was with a wrangler, toyota pu, ford and chevy
Yeah we were probly just heading up 311 then. Was everyone waiting around for people to get up through the first part?

Originally Posted by BigBluePile
Man, I'm screwed if I roll out with ya'll!!! I got stiff ars superlift springs in the back and only a truetrac. I'm thinking about siping my 35" claws 'cause they're a handfull on snow/ice packed roads. May be good in deep snow though?
Your springs will be fine, flex is overrated if you're locked up. Idk about those tires tho. From my experience saturday you will want swampers. Your claw's may get you moving but you will be sliding off the trail like i was (no lateral traction)
Old 03-02-2009, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by BigBluePile
Well your suspension system is not gonna get you down the trail. I find it as too be more of a comfort factor than anything.
Its all about the lockers and tires.
We had a stock height 85 runner with 31" super swampers keep up all day until the snow turned to slush and vertical climbs required a front locker as well, he had a winch, so it just took him a little longer but he made it through everything. I am actually jealous and wish I could turn back time.
As far as Baja Claws I dont know never ran em dont know if they are a good performer in the deep snow. Me and dirtmaster are talking about going back to Evans as soon as the snow clears so we can get in more trails. So you might be good, but a winch does come in handy regardless of your setup.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:36 PM

plumbrbob has way moreflex then me but i do ok. im running the 5" skyjacker kit and a 2" body lift and still rub my 36" tsls. 38's on a 3" is crazy. its all about lockers if the stock 85 4 runner had a front locker he probabley would have made everything me and plumrbob did
Old 03-02-2009, 04:38 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Plumbrbob
Well your suspension system is not gonna get you down the trail. I find it as too be more of a comfort factor than anything.
Its all about the lockers and tires.
We had a stock height 85 runner with 31" super swampers keep up all day until the snow turned to slush and vertical climbs required a front locker as well, he had a winch, so it just took him a little longer but he made it through everything. I am actually jealous and wish I could turn back time.
As far as Baja Claws I dont know never ran em dont know if they are a good performer in the deep snow. Me and dirtmaster are talking about going back to Evans as soon as the snow clears so we can get in more trails. So you might be good, but a winch does come in handy regardless of your setup.
I agree about the suspension. I think driver finess is a contributing factor too! I've had a winch for years, it's been on two different bumpers but where I was at I just never utilized it and it was more of a grill ornament. I actually just ordered my third winch bumper today. When in doubt winch out...or get better run at it!!
Old 03-02-2009, 05:03 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by algranger
Your claw's may get you moving but you will be sliding off the trail like i was (no lateral traction)
Yeah, I know all about sliding around on those claws. That's why I was thinking about siping them. They'll slid around but when they grab...LOOK OUT! lol!!!

(((((

there needs to be a smiley that's a truck throwin' a mud roostertail!!!
Old 03-02-2009, 07:16 PM

38" gumbos

ok after a few modifactions and some wheel spacers i think i got it, loud as helll though i took that same corner and it had alot more turn radius to it this time, also if here about some one mudding threw a construction site i dint do it lol
Old 03-02-2009, 07:19 PM

modification

After some modifactions and some wheel spacers it worked out alot better, also if you here about some one going mudding threw there construction site I dint do it lol.

Originally Posted by Dirt Master80
plumbrbob has way moreflex then me but i do ok. im running the 5" skyjacker kit and a 2" body lift and still rub my 36" tsls. 38's on a 3" is crazy. its all about lockers if the stock 85 4 runner had a front locker he probabley would have made everything me and plumrbob did
Old 03-02-2009, 08:14 PM

ok after a few modifactions and some wheel spacers i think i got it, loud as helll though i took that same corner and it had alot more turn radius to it this time, also if here about some one mudding threw a construction site i dint do it lol

Pics?

Quick Reply: Evans Creek snow run