Trip-Trail Reports & Photos Share trail reports and your digitized photos here

the badlands trip you missed (tons of pics)

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 07:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the badlands trip you missed (tons of pics)

Well again noone showed up, some had good reasons and some well I dont know. Oh well it was great, did some of everything. The morning weather was terrible but then it turned into a 75 and sunny day.
BTW the new TSLs cant be explained but those of you have them know what I mean.
And now some fun...

Old 05-14-2005, 07:08 PM

more.....

SORRY IF THAT IS TOO MANY PICS.
Old 05-14-2005, 07:36 PM
Contributing Member

NICE! I'll have to post my set of pics as soon as I get a chance. I'll also try and post the movie clips.

The best part of this trip was the lack of carnage. I guess we were spoiled from going to the cliffs.
Old 05-14-2005, 07:40 PM

Everything looks so familiar!!! I really wish I coulda been there guys, I just need to make sure I don't kill my tires cuz they're so close to my a-arm.

Hey 4rnr did you make it up that wall in the 3rd picture? I kept on trying but kept on sliding towards the left so I gave up.
Old 05-14-2005, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by AznSky
Everything looks so familiar!!! I really wish I coulda been there guys, I just need to make sure I don't kill my tires cuz they're so close to my a-arm.

Hey 4rnr did you make it up that wall in the 3rd picture? I kept on trying but kept on sliding towards the left so I gave up.
with the exception of climbing one steep dune (just goofing anyway) I didnt have any problems with anything. Then she got me back 120mi home.
Old 05-14-2005, 07:51 PM

924runnersr5, get that pic of me smoking all 4 tires in the dump bump wannabe
Old 05-14-2005, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by AznSky

here ya go..
Old 05-14-2005, 08:02 PM

Awesome photos

Thanks for sharing
Old 05-14-2005, 08:09 PM
Contributing Member

Looks like some fun wheelin!!

Nice flex you are getting out of the rear on your 2nd gen. I will need to read up on what you have done.
Old 05-14-2005, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Marc P
Looks like some fun wheelin!!

Nice flex you are getting out of the rear on your 2nd gen. I will need to read up on what you have done.
1.5 in allpro coils
2 1/4 allpro spacer
pro comp shocks from their 4in. kit (these shocks ride like crap, but they had the mounting and dimensions I needed)
custom sway bar discos (turn buckles)
It makes up for no flex in the front
Old 05-15-2005, 04:24 AM

This is my favorite pic from the ones I had
Attached Thumbnails the badlands trip you missed (tons of pics)-john2small.jpg  
Old 05-15-2005, 08:27 AM

Those pics look great! I will admit that I wussed out.

Right now, my priorities are not on my rig, since it is my only mode of transportation that will take me and my pup, and my gear to and from climbing road trips. Also I
have been biking a LOT lately too, and that sport is none to cheap either.

Maybe the next run I will make it. The truck needs a good beatin, but I'm not promising anything.

Glad you guys liked it! How did you think it compared to the bluffs?
Old 05-15-2005, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by INsr5runner
Those pics look great! I will admit that I wussed out.

Right now, my priorities are not on my rig, since it is my only mode of transportation that will take me and my pup, and my gear to and from climbing road trips. Also I
have been biking a LOT lately too, and that sport is none to cheap either.

Maybe the next run I will make it. The truck needs a good beatin, but I'm not promising anything.

Glad you guys liked it! How did you think it compared to the bluffs?
I guess you mean the cliffs. It was completly different. While the cliffs has less climbing, the badlands is all climbing. the terrain has a lot more contour, my suspension got a yoga like stretching yesterday. I dont think I need to disco my swaybars at the cliffs. And my truck is relativly clean. The cliffs is real muddy and nice and close. Also the trails are much tighter. I like them both. the next time I go to the cliffs we are going to take all new trails. we keep doing the same trails over and over. Now we need to step it up.

Come on 924runnersr5, Ive got to see those pics and videos.
Old 05-15-2005, 01:23 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
great pics. i like the idea of the 360 degree sliders, very cool. is that a snorkle you have on there too?
Old 05-15-2005, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by EWAYota
great pics. i like the idea of the 360 degree sliders, very cool. is that a snorkle you have on there too?
yup thats a snorkle, heres the details on that...
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f31/my-custom-snorkle-56876/
Old 05-15-2005, 04:05 PM
Contributing Member

Two highlights of this trip is Gumby fixing an "Exploder" that had a front coil spring pop out while it was trying to climb a big, wet , slippery rock. That group of kids would have been lost if Gumby hadn't pretty much single handedly popped it back in as they watched...on two different occasions. To add insult to injury, he then proceeded to crawl up and overcome the same rock that claimed the “Exploder”. Another was this Heep rolling on some 20' "bling bling" rims. This guys red CJ looked like it was built by West Coast Customs, he even had a big West Coast Choppers sticker on the side. He mistook our looks of “WTF???”, for appreciation for his rig. It must be a Heep thing, we wouldn’t understand.
Old 05-15-2005, 04:12 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 4rnr

Come on 924runnersr5, Ive got to see those pics and videos.
Im still waiting for Matt to send them to me. I haven't been able to get a hold of him yet. As soon as I get them, I asure you that I'll post.
Old 05-15-2005, 05:39 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 4rnr
I guess you mean the cliffs. It was completly different. While the cliffs has less climbing, the badlands is all climbing. the terrain has a lot more contour, my suspension got a yoga like stretching yesterday. I dont think I need to disco my swaybars at the cliffs. And my truck is relativly clean. The cliffs is real muddy and nice and close. Also the trails are much tighter. I like them both. the next time I go to the cliffs we are going to take all new trails. we keep doing the same trails over and over. Now we need to step it up.

You really need to run the harder trails at the cliffs. Keep in mind that trail #1 at the Cliffs is the ambulance access road, and that gives a lot of people trouble.

The white and orange trail at the badlands is comparable to the easy stuff at the cliffs. But the badlands has the quarry and the sand pit. There arent any rocks really at the cliffs, which is a big drawback.

Glad you guys had a good time, sorry i missed it.
Old 05-15-2005, 06:59 PM

Pics look great. :cry:
I'll see if I can monitor this site, hope to hear of another trip this summer. I was in at work on Saturday, although even if I wasn't, I probably wouldnt of made it, too last-minute (for me, didn't see it till this past week).
To answer in4runner on the previous thread to this: yes I've been there a few times since we went last year, but my dad hasn't been again (yet). He's got sliders now, though, so the good intentions are there! :rolleyes:
Later,
Kenton
Old 05-15-2005, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by joez
You really need to run the harder trails at the cliffs. Keep in mind that trail #1 at the Cliffs is the ambulance access road, and that gives a lot of people trouble.

The white and orange trail at the badlands is comparable to the easy stuff at the cliffs. But the badlands has the quarry and the sand pit. There arent any rocks really at the cliffs, which is a big drawback.

Glad you guys had a good time, sorry i missed it.
We will probably do a cliffs run in a couple of weeks. Are you planning on going any time soon. Since you helped cleared the place then you could show us some of the stuff we've missed.

924runnersr5 Im not holding breath, it took you 6 months before I got to see the video you took at the cliffs and that was because you showed me it in your cam.

Quick Reply: the badlands trip you missed (tons of pics)